First televised gubernatorial debate Thu 9/20

InterestedBystander

Do you know what channel it will be on?

This one is based in Chicago I think and carried on NBC 5. Not sure about any channels outside of the region but NBC website says they will also be streaming live through website and app.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/watch-illinois-governor-debate-live-nbc-493608381.html

..."The entire event will be broadcast live on NBC 5, on NBCChicago.com and on the NBC Chicago app. It will also be subtitled live in Spanish on Telemundo Chicago, TelemundoChicago.com and on the Telemundo Chicago app."...

Question came up about gun violence and what would each candidate do to stem the "violence".

Pritzker reinstated his want to ban high capacity magazines, do dealer licensing and while he didn't say "Assault weapon ban" i'm sure he would have no issue doing so.

Rauner was luke warm on his response

Best answer was from Libertarian Kash Jackson. Who said it's a culture problem. It's not AR-15s, etc. I actually like a lot of his answers, I wish we could have more than two "true" parties that participated in these races.

McCann just said that he would call in Trump to help lol

Do you know what channel it will be on?

This one is based in Chicago I think and carried on NBC 5. Not sure about any channels outside of the region but NBC website says they will also be streaming live through website and app.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/watch-illinois-governor-debate-live-nbc-493608381.html

..."The entire event will be broadcast live on NBC 5, on NBCChicago.com and on the NBC Chicago app. It will also be subtitled live in Spanish on Telemundo Chicago, TelemundoChicago.com and on the Telemundo Chicago app."...

Thanks my man...

I liked what Kash said about some topics as well.

Too bad he doesn't stand a chance.

Question came up about gun violence and what would each candidate do to stem the "violence".

Pritzker reinstated his want to ban high capacity magazines, do dealer licensing and while he didn't say "Assault weapon ban" i'm sure he would have no issue doing so.

He also mentioned bump stocks. As for AWB, he may not have mentioned tonight but did mention in his acceptance speech and believe it is also listed on his web page.

He also mentioned bump stocks. As for AWB, he may not have mentioned tonight but did mention in his acceptance speech and believe it is also listed on his web page.

Yes, you, sir are correct:

Ban assault weapons, high capacity magazines, and bump stocks in Illinois to help prevent mass shootings.

Support and sign a gun dealer licensing bill to ensure firearms are sold in a safe and responsible manner.

Going to be a tense day, November 6th.

Archived