Jump to content


Need to ID this part

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 bubba52

  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined: 13-March 13

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:15 AM

I got this at the annual NRA meeting this spring.  I found this again this morning. I was going to ask this group to ID at that time, but I totally forgot. The gentleman was handing them out to everyone but didn't say what it was. I didn't ask, my quick glance made me think it was the rings used in an AR bolt. I just looked up to see what booth I was in and promptly forgot about it. It appears to me that it is a snap ring and a small plug.  The plug is plastic or rubber since it has a soft feel.


Can anyone ID? Is it something I may have a use for or do i file it away?


Thanks in advance,




Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_6650.JPG

#2 Gamma


  • Members
  • 2,558 posts
  • Joined: 29-December 13

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:07 AM

AR15 gas ring and the rubber buffer that goes in the extractor spring.

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#3 bubba52

  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined: 13-March 13

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:43 PM

Cool, thanks


I thought that what it may have been, but don't they normally come 3 in a package? A single ring threw me off.   I've only shot my AR very little, so I haven't had to replace wear items yet. I've only soaked the bolt in solvent, wiped down are reassembled. I've yet to break a bolt into its individual pieces.


Thanks again.