Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

• 2 months later...

Dallas News

Another woman has been banned for misbehaving at a Wichita Falls Walmart ...

... the customer visited the store's bakery section Tuesday and grabbed a cake.

Walking the aisles, the unidentified woman ate half of the cake before heading to the register ...

... she said that's how she found the cake and refused to pay full price for it ...

This isn't the first time a Walmart in Wichita Falls had to ban someone from the store.

In January a woman was busted for riding through the parking lot on an electric scooter, drinking wine from Pringles can.

WALMART SHUTS DOWN ALL GUN SALES IN NEW MEXICO AFTER STATE EXPANDS BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS

Big box retailer Walmart will no longer sell firearms in its New Mexico stores after a universal background check measure went into effect in the state on Monday, requiring federally registered firearms sellers to facilitate gun sales between private parties.

Instead, the company opted to drop the federal licenses for its New Mexico locations altogether, preventing Walmart from selling guns within state lines.

The New Mexico law, enacted in March after Democrats captured the reins of statewide government for the first time in eight years, expanded background check requirements for firearms sales to include transactions between private parties, a level of scrutiny that federal law does not require.

To facilitate these sales, the new law mandates that federally licensed gun sellers such as Walmart, who are already required to conduct background checks by querying the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), assist private sellers by conducting background checks on their behalf.

"As a general merchandise retailer and grocer, Walmart is not currently designed to conduct background checks for private-party transfers under New Mexico's new firearms law," Walmart's director of communications Tiffany Wilson told Newsweek in a written statement. "The company has decided to surrender its [licenses] and no longer sell firearms in our New Mexico stores."

Wilson cited fears that the law would require Walmart employees "to handle and potentially store handguns and modern sporting rifles," which she said were firearms that the retailer "does not sell" and that employees are "not trained to handle."

https://www.newsweek.com/walmart-new-mexico-gun-sales-1447768

• 2 weeks later...

OP here

I still can’t believe this thread.

Normally I post something and kill a thread.

I almost feel dirty, that this is my legacy.

I have a gift card to Walmart, guess I will have to stop in one and see if anything good is happening.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP here

I still can’t believe this thread.

Normally I post something and kill a thread.

I almost feel dirty, that this is my legacy.

I have a gift card to Walmart, guess I will have to stop in one and see if anything good is happening.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure you need to do the Wally Walk.

The thread lives .....

OP here I still can’t believe this thread. Normally I post something and kill a thread. I almost feel dirty, that this is my legacy. I have a gift card to Walmart, guess I will have to stop in one and see if anything good is happening. Carry on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, this perpetually rotting carcass lies at your feet, eh?

For penance, you need to eat a Walmart rotisserie chicken.

• 3 weeks later...

CNN

Last year, Dick's Sporting Goods ended the sale of semi-automatic, assault-style rifles and high-capacity magazines after a mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, killed 17 people. It also raised the age for purchasing weapons from 18 to 21.

Walmart (WMT), despite a history as a seller of hunting weapons that goes back to its origins, has also shifted its gun sales policies in response to high profile shootings. It stopped selling assault rifles in 2015 and raised its minimum gun purchasing age to 21 last year after the Parkland shooting.

The kind of gun used in Saturday's attack has not been sold at Walmart in years. But now that gun violence has hit Walmart's own stores as customers were back-to-school shopping with their kids, many are wondering whether the company will take additional steps to limit firearms sales.

Walmart does, however, already have what many gun violence prevention advocates consider strong gun safety policies that go beyond federal requirements: it doesn't sell assault weapons, it doesn't sell to people under 21, it requires background checks and it no longer sells toys that resemble assault rifles.

Even if it doesn't change its policies, many think Walmart is positioned to push lawmakers to enact tighter gun restrictions.

Walmart could also play a role in educating its customers on gun safety, said Texas Gun Sense President Ed Scruggs. Especially in rural communities, Walmart stores act as de-facto community centers that Scruggs said would make them sensible homes for education programs.

"To have Walmart join the coalition of companies working actively on this issue, making it a priority in their foundational platform would send a strong signal," [shannon] Watts [founder of gun safety advocacy group Moms Demand Action] said. "Companies have a role to play. When lawmakers don't protect their constituents, companies have a responsibility to protect their customers."

For now, just about 36 hours after the attack, Walmart's policies remain the same, according to company spokesperson Randy Hargrove. Hargrove also pointed out that the company has provided quarterly active shooter trainings for all employees since 2015, and that all of the staff at the El Paso store that was targeted Saturday had been trained.

• 4 weeks later...

You have to realize that The Walmarts of America are an important of the/our 2A rights and practices in these days!

With in The Walmarts of America are now being placed gun ranges with which you can practice your all important holster drawing.

Think about it, no more shooting at flat, thin, boring printed on pictures with smilie faces!

The Walmarts of America are now providing 3D abilities to our shooting experiences.

Robust, round, short, tall, young, old, and in some dressed and undressed moving targets.

So in closing, The Walmarts of America are not just for doing a simple minded Wally Walk anymore.

Theres so much more to experience in The Walmarts of America..............

Archived