Fairness Doctrine Update

GWBH

This is from Senator Debbie Stabenow.

Keep in mind her husband is Todd Athans, is the executive VP of liberal talk radio network Air America.

Can you say "Conflict of interest"!!!!!

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/senator_d...airness_doctri/

Democratic Senator Debbie Stabenow of Michigan told radio host Bill Press this week that she thought there needs to be more balance in broadcasting and suggested there would be hearings in the Senate during this Congress on possibly reinstating the fairness doctrine.

She was responding to the news that a liberal radio station in Washington had closed and as part of a discussion about the dwindling number of those stations in the face of the popularity of conservative talk radio.

Asked whether it was time to bring back the fairness doctrine, she said “I think it’s absolutely time to pass a standard. Now, whether it’s called the Fairness Standard, whether it’s called something else.”

She tied it to President Barack Obama’s pledge of more accountability and transparency, saying “I think in this case, there needs to be some accountability and standards put in place.”

Press asked her whether she could be counted on to push for hearings and she answered: “I have already had discussions with colleagues and, you know, I feel like that’s gonna happen, yep.”

Look - nobody listens to liberal talk radio because it's wacko - pure and simple!

I laugh everytime I hear liberals cry about the fairness doctrine.They sure get their panties in a bunch.There wasn't any talk of a fairness doctrine back when the media was slingin' mud at McCain/Palin,and let Obama get away with anything he wanted.

This is just hilerious.....lol :D

The funny thing about this doctrine is the need for it because no one wants to listen to or fund liberal radio because it's a losing product, sort of like newspapers like the Chicago Tribune, New York Times, etc. These stations and papers had the some chances as conservative talk shows and papers but they spout out so much garbage that people don't want them.

Archived