Photo

REAL ID and full middle name.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

Do they make copies of your documents or just look at them?  There is no way I'm giving any state worker my banking/financial information so they can copy it after I leave,

I've read they do make copies of documents.

..."Please note per federal law, the documents you bring in will be scanned."...

Edited by InterestedBystander, 14 November 2019 - 01:17 PM.

NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#32 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 14,433 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

Do they make copies of your documents or just look at them?  There is no way I'm giving any state worker my banking/financial information so they can copy it after I leave,

Yes they do.  The position that processes the Real ID has a scanner and they do scan your documents.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#33 InterestedBystander

• 8,103 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:14 PM

Has anyone renewed with just the standard DL (without the REAL ID designation) and purchased a firearm since? I've been wondering if this has been affecting purchases at an FFL/if I need to go upgrade my DL before I buy anything else.

REAL ID in IL is not effective until 10/2020. So far the only state I have read of requiring a REAL ID for firearm and ammunition purchases is CA. Hopefully IL will not go there.
NRA Life Member; ISRA Member
SAF Member; GOA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸

#34 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 14,433 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:27 PM

For those interested in getting a Real ID from the SOS they are having a special day on Monday December 2nd at two of their offices which are not usually open on Mondays. They will be processing Real ID cards only. A friend went to the last one at the Lombard site and said it took him just over an hour.

Join us for a special event
providing service to
REAL ID Customers ONLY.

Woodstock Facility

Mon. Dec. 2 - 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
428 S. Eastwood Dr.
••••
Lombard Facility

Mon. Dec. 2 - 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
837 S. Westmore B27

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.