My time has come, I've been approved

joedav1228

It only took 5 months but that doesn't really matter anymore because everything is finalized and I'm good to go! Wow, I honestly though for some reason something was going to hinder/delay this process even further and I'd be just another person waiting well over a year.

This forum makes all the difference in the world from advice to actual help.

How long does it take to get the physical license in hand, like a couple of weeks? Can't do anything without the plastic :-) In the main post people give a variety of times, its got to be a decent wait with COVID-19 and all.

Going to depend on when your card gets printed. At that time it shows ACTIVE, gets sorted, bunched, delivered/picked up by USPS and goes through their delivery process. If you are close to a print day, you might see it in a week. Most report getting in a couple of weeks after printing but ISP says give it a month.

Mine went active on 9/23/20 on the site and I haven’t seen it yet. Although I got a letter from ISP today saying my fingerprint TCN number was INVALID. Thought this was really strange and I called the place who took my prints and they said it’s what they’ve been sending out and I should expect my card next week.

The letter said it was still in process but needed to confirm TCN to expedite it.

5/3/20 = Applied for FOID & CCL

9/30/20 = Active

10/7/20 = Both cards in hand

158 days

For what it's worth Molly B. had to get involved or it honestly would have literally been who knows how many more months. I was stuck in the system for no apparent reason after calling the hotline and speaking to a general representative.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine went active on 9/23/20 on the site and I haven’t seen it yet. Although I got a letter from ISP today saying my fingerprint TCN number was INVALID. Thought this was really strange and I called the place who took my prints and they said it’s what they’ve been sending out and I should expect my card next week.

The letter said it was still in process but needed to confirm TCN to expedite it.

Did you get it yet?

Did you get it yet?

Yes I did. Finally. About a week after I posted this.

Archived