Biden: As president, I’ll ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines...

mauserme

In case you wondered

It’s long past time we take action to end the scourge of gun violence in America.

As president, I’ll ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, implement universal background checks, and enact other common-sense reforms to end our gun violence epidemic.

1:00 PM · Nov 1, 2020·TweetDeck

attachicon.gifBiden Tweet1 11-1-2020.png

Nah, I didn't wonder. When people say stuff like that, I don't trust them to not try.

we talking a pool? PIck the date that Biden is ushered out of the office IF the worst comes to worse?

Somebody start up the thread.....determine if there's going to be a prize....and fill the calendar.

Might I suggest a rule.....the winning date is the day that Kamala is sworn in....not the day that the driveler-in-chief is toted out on a trolly cart.

we talking a pool? PIck the date that Biden is ushered out of the office IF the worst comes to worse?

Somebody start up the thread.....determine if there's going to be a prize....and fill the calendar.

Might I suggest a rule.....the winning date is the day that Kamala is sworn in....not the day that the driveler-in-chief is toted out on a trolly cart.

From what I've heard, Biden has to serve at least 2 years to make it worthwhile for her. Anything less and she isn't able to run for a second term. Dunno how true that is but I believe it has to do with rules put in place after FDR and his reign.

I'm still amazed there are those cheering after he yells legit gibberish during a speech. The few times he's coherent, idiocy like the tweet in OP show up.

From what I've heard, Biden has to serve at least 2 years to make it worthwhile for her. Anything less and she isn't able to run for a second term. Dunno how true that is but I believe it has to do with rules put in place after FDR and his reign.

I'm still amazed there are those cheering after he yells legit gibberish during a speech. The few times he's coherent, idiocy like the tweet in OP show up.

Per the 22nd Amendment: if she were to move up and serve more than two years of that term, she could only run for one full term.

https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/amendment-22/

Back to the thread now. Heyjackass is a great resource with lots of data on Chicago shooting, but they lack one bit: type of weapon used in the shooting. I wish it were broken down by long gun vs handgun. I know there are distinctions within each and this is asking a lot, but it would help this whole 'assault' weapon narrative.

So of the 3573 shootings in Chicago with 611 fatalities so far this year, I would guess that at most 3500 shootings were with handguns?

I wish it were broken down by long gun vs handgun.

With a 12% clearance rate on homicides and what I'm guessing is very low single digit clearance rate on other shootings, that is a stat that won't materialize beyond speculation, because even if the know the caliber that really doesn't distinguish the type of firearm.

It's a safe bet most are pistols shootings due to concealability in public, but just the same if the left had it their way they would classify any semi-auto pistol an assualt weapon meaning to them most of the shooting are from assualt weapons anyway.

So if Ms. Harris is POTUS for 1 year 364 days of this term, she could run for two more consecutive terms. There will be no where in this country to run to and the rest of the world similarly doomed. I did not forget about purple font.

Now I see the dem's full wish list.

IF the Dems control the House and Senate, and Biden wins, immediately repeal the 22nd Amendment (as well as the Second), and cashier Biden to a upholstiered room in a diaper.

Install the new fearless leader, Kamala the Great.

Her first dictate is that she is to be 'president for life'. The yapping dogs in the Senate and House approve it in a televised voice vote. Those that disagree are shunted aside and go live in an education camp.

It worked for Castro, Chavez and Maduro. Kind of like Lenin, Stalin and Khruschev in Russia.

Hyperbole? Wanna bet on it?

So if Ms. Harris is POTUS for 1 year 364 days of this term, she could run for two more consecutive terms. There will be no where in this country to run to and the rest of the world similarly doomed. I did not forget about purple font.

IF the Dems control the House and Senate, and Biden wins, immediately repeal the 22nd Amendment (as well as the Second), and cashier Biden to a upholstiered room in a diaper.

Her first dictate is that she is to be 'president for life'. The yapping dogs in the Senate and House approve it in a televised voice vote. Those that disagree are shunted aside and go live in an education camp.

It worked for Castro, Chavez and Maduro. Kind of like Lenin, Stalin and Khruschev in Russia.

I don't think they'd get a 2/3 majority of both the House and Senate, and then 3/4 of the states, to ratify the necessary amendments.

I wish it were broken down by long gun vs handgun.

With a 12% clearance rate on homicides and what I'm guessing is very low single digit clearance rate on other shootings, that is a stat that won't materialize beyond speculation, because even if the know the caliber that really doesn't distinguish the type of firearm.

It's a safe bet most are pistols shootings due to concealability in public, but just the same if the left had it their way they would classify any semi-auto pistol an assualt weapon meaning to them most of the shooting are from assualt weapons anyway.

If the number were as high as they'd like to claim, we'd hear all about it.

what timeline are you talking about and how much are you willing to bet ? ;)

overall there is plenty of FUD regarding Biden and 2A - he can ban or not ban anything, what he can do is veto or not veto something House would pass. remember that AWB (1994-2004) was something House did (which if I remember it correctly also resulted in Dems loosing control of it to GOP pretty much soon thereafter).

Do I have no doubt that Biden would happily sign whatever democratic house would give him on this? Yes, I am pretty sure of it.

Do I worry about anything you listed earlier ? About the same as space aliens invading or 'UN troops occupying US' (which troops? who exactly?) . So not much worrying..

I don't think they'd get a 2/3 majority of both the House and Senate, and then 3/4 of the states, to ratify the necessary amendments.

The only sad part is amendment ratification does not have a shelf life. It can stay alive for years till it gets ratified. Best is to avoid it getting passed to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He cant do it alone...votes in the Senate and House are important!

I'm afraid he can through an "executive order".

As far as an Executive order he can only ban the importing of Evil black rifles or parts to build them.

The run offs in Georgia senate race is going to be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let's not forget that the 90s "assault weapons" ban had the support of Ronald Reagan

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-05-05-mn-54185-story.html

Ben Cambell and Richard Lugar; Republicans, voted for the 1994 ban.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20040226/1994-assault-weapons-ban-vote

Perhaps, but our immediate concern is in the present rather than placing blame on the past.

Let's not forget that the 90s "assault weapons" ban had the support of Ronald Reagan

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-05-05-mn-54185-story.html

Ben Cambell and Richard Lugar; Republicans, voted for the 1994 ban.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20040226/1994-assault-weapons-ban-vote

Perhaps, but our immediate concern is in the present rather than placing blame on the past.

It's fact, not "perhaps". Modern gun control was kicked off by Ronald Reagan. The NRA supported it.

My point being, you can't depend on a ® being pro 2A or a (D) being an Anti. That's an overly simplistic view of things, and doesn't actually protect the 2A because we'll get backdoored.

It's fact, not "perhaps". Modern gun control was kicked off by Ronald Reagan. The NRA supported it.

My point being, you can't depend on a ® being pro 2A or a (D) being an Anti. That's an overly simplistic view of things, and doesn't actually protect the 2A because we'll get backdoored.

True. Our own Illinois Senate showed us that on the dealer licensing bill that was signed in the current General Assembly.

It takes all of us of like mind, working against those of any stripe who would work against us.

True. Our own Illinois Senate showed us that on the dealer licensing bill that was signed in the current General Assembly.

It takes all of us of like mind, working against those of any stripe who would work against us.

100%. Let's make sure we can come together to face what's ahead, because it's going to be a rough road, nationally, and on the state-level.

Archived