I applied for my CCL on December 27; this coming Sunday will be 8 weeks – and my status remains "under review". Considering that I've heard from many people (including my instructor and fingerprint vendor) that many applicants receive their licenses within 60 days, I'm worried I'm going to be denied. Thing is, I have never been arrested or charged with anything and don't have any DUIs either. Albeit, I have read on here that some folks got denied for no reason... :-(

Thoughts?

I applied for my CCL on December 27; this coming Sunday will be 8 weeks – and my status remains "under review". Considering that I've heard from many people (including my instructor and fingerprint vendor) that many applicants receive their licenses within 60 days, I'm worried I'm going to be denied. Thing is, I have never been arrested or charged with anything and don't have any DUIs either. Albeit, I have read on here that some folks got denied for no reason... :-(

Thoughts?

What ilinois county do you reside?

Well, I am still at QC-Verified "Under Review", tomorrow will mark day #60 (with prints) for me. I have not gotten any letters saying anything about any objections. *knock on wood* I have no arrests, no police involvement of any kind. I have that going for me. Working against me, I have had like 5 addresses within the last year, and I share a name with a family of criminals, but I believe that whole crew is long, long gone. I did have a divorce... but I was the plaintiff, and it was uncontested. I am impatiently waiting. Maybe I have logged into the site too much and they flagged me as being annoying or something. I know it took a very long time to get my FOID card replaced with a new address.

Sadly, I had a license in another state, and it was a very simple process.

@Ralffers

56 days this Sunday, keep in mind that Holidays will affect the outcome somewhat.

You applied at the height of the busy season last year and as posted elsewhere on here, they are swamped with apps.

Since your in Crook County, it might be a bit longer, Sheriff Lawn Dart loves to deny peeps, but if your past the 30 days that's prob not the issue anyway.

Relieve some stress and check the portal every other day, (I checked every 4 hours....OCD), it will pop up Active soon.

Welcome to the Best Informational Forums around.

Hang out, do some reading, and the time will pass fast...........GL.

Thoughts?

What ilinois county do you reside?

One vey!... Unfortunately, Cook County... :no:

@Ralffers

56 days this Sunday, keep in mind that Holidays will affect the outcome somewhat.

You applied at the height of the busy season last year and as posted elsewhere on here, they are swamped with apps.

Since your in Crook County, it might be a bit longer, Sheriff Lawn Dart loves to deny peeps, but if your past the 30 days that's prob not the issue anyway.

Relieve some stress and check the portal every other day, (I checked every 4 hours....OCD), it will pop up Active soon.

Welcome to the Best Informational Forums around.

Hang out, do some reading, and the time will pass fast...........GL.

Thank you for the nice welcome, Bubbacs.

You know, I didn't even think about the holidays and how that does slow things down, especially in Illinois! It's nice to be reassured that everything is most likely fine. After thinking about it some more this morning, I thought, Lawn Dart being who he is, I thought I got denied or would be denied because of my disability (I have slight-moderate Cerebral Palsy). Basically, that means I walk with forearm crutches and use a wheelchair when I need both hands (i.e., when I'm at the range). I'm positive Dart would LOVE to deny me because of my disability, but he can't. :D I'm a freaking gun safety Nazi and my hands aren't effected by the CP at all. There is no firearm of the civilian variety I can't handle

I'm definitely going to relieve some stress... First by going to the range this Saturday, and then doing some reading. When I first got into firearms 18 months ago I used to be on the forums all the time – and as of late I've gotten lazy with that. I need to remind myself that I always and without end always have something new to learn...

Cheers!

@Ralffers

Suffered a stroke Jan 31 2014 at 2345. My license came in the mail while I was in a coma. I was fired by my employer for having had a stroke in violation of the ADA. Fought them tooth and nail and got my job back. I'm back at work full time with a class "C" drivers license and an even better gig than I had before the stroke. Just fought the DuPage states attorney and won getting some firearms returned. Keep your head down, your spirits up and never let any disability stop you!!

Thank you all for the replies and feedback. It's a relief knowing everything is most likely fine.

We'll see which comes first, my CCL or my Sig P229 Legion... (Have been waiting 11 weeks on it and am likewise growing really impatient. Of course, having more time on my hands than I know what to do with due to recovering from major abdominal surgery (not at all related to my disability) doesn't help matters... I need to find something to keep myself busy with. (But, God, I love that gun! It shoots like a dream!)

Every time you log in to check, Illinois adds 10 days.

You're kidding, right...? Honestly, I feel stupid even asking because it's so obvious that you're joking, but than again, I know better than to put anything passed Illinois...

You're kidding, right...? Honestly, I feel stupid even asking because it's so obvious that you're joking, but than again, I know better than to put anything passed Illinois...

Welcome to IC. Purple is a designated color for sarcasm. Not sure who or when the purple started. I've been here a while but maybe someone else could share the history of purple.

Welcome to IC. Purple is a designated color for sarcasm. Not sure who or when the purple started. I've been here a while but maybe someone else could share the history of purple.

Ah, I didn't know that... Thanks!

Purple and or $ signs before and after the quote. Welcome to the board!

I guess for those of us who submitted in December.... Christmas, New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Groundhog Day, Lincoln's Birthday, President's Day.

Those should probably be deducted from the wait-time.

Man, that's a long and depressing list of delays... :cry:

Dude, you should thank your stars your not caught up I the " out of ink " delays.

Nor the " printer is broken " delays.......of which they have to wait on an outside contracted repairman to show up, then diagnosis the situation, then call to order parts, then come back when parts arrive, then replace parts and restart printer only to find out the ink is low!

Dude, you should thank your stars your not caught up I the " out of ink " delays.

Nor the " printer is broken " delays.......of which they have to wait on an outside contracted repairman to show up, then diagnosis the situation, then call to order parts, then come back when parts arrive, then replace parts and restart printer only to find out the ink is low!

Wow, seriously...? Jesus, you just gotta' love Illinois... :Ahem...:

I'm really curious what'll come in first, my CCL or Sig P229 Legion.

Thoughts?

I have an acquaintance that applied about the same time. He's still waiting as well. It will come.....eventually.

Damn it, I just realized that I may in fact get denied. Reason being is I have some unpaid traffic tickets. One is a speeding ticket that I just paid, but it'll only be reported on Monday that it was paid. Originally, I was given supervision and a year to pay. I have since forgot about it until now, and now I'm wondering if it goes back on my record since I'm paying it overdue? Supervision made it so that originally it wasn't going to be on record.

The second ticket, which is also overdue is one that I just got and will be paying by snail mail this week (paying online unfortunately isn't an option at this point). It's for a burned out headlight.

Damn it, I just realized that I may in fact get denied. Reason being is I have some unpaid traffic tickets. One is a speeding ticket that I just paid, but it'll only be reported on Monday that it was paid. Originally, I was given supervision and a year to pay. I have since forgot about it until now, and now I'm wondering if it goes back on my record since I'm paying it overdue? Supervision made it so that originally it wasn't going to be on record.

The second ticket, which is also overdue is one that I just got and will be paying by snail mail this week (paying online unfortunately isn't an option at this point). It's for a burned out headlight.

Not a valid reason for denial, but since you've even looked at a cop in Cook county, Dart may very well object to your application, in which case you go to the back of a veeeerrrrrry long line....

Good luck!

Not a valid reason for denial, but since you've even looked at a cop in Cook county, Dart may very well object to your application, in which case you go to the back of a veeeerrrrrry long line....

Good luck!

Even if I'm long passed the 30 day period where law-enforcement could object?

Archived