Photo

Are You Involved in Helping Pro Gun Candidates/Incumbents Win?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chancemccall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:47 AM

Sounding off here is far from enough. Writing letters asking someone to vote for or against a Bill is better. Writing a check is great for those who can, but so is volunteering to help on the campaign. That will be remembered.

Every campaign needs help. If you have never volunteered before you might be surprised at how much help they can use. It might be walking an area to put out door hangers or it might be knocking and talking to people. If you have the ability, it might be sitting in a campaign office and making telephone calls urging people to vote for your candidate. It could also be just helping by moving paper or sorting materials. It could be manning a booth at an event. It could be distributing yard signs. When I was a young one, living in a rural area, I distributed yard signs and literature via horseback.

You can get your whole family involved. Responsible children are often welcome in local races. The fact is, what you do - or don't do - can make a difference.

So are you going to do more or just gripe in a forum?

Life Member - NRA

Life Member - SAF

Life Member - GSL

Charter Member - CMSA

Life Member - SASS

LEOSA carrier

#2 SiliconSorcerer

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:35 AM

I put a 6x4 for Ives out in my backyard since it backs up to a lot of open park / playground.   (no cleaning a firearm on my patio table probably isn't a great idea) 

Maybe I need to contact the local, I do have (little) sign but that's it so far.   I just don't know where all these Democrats are coming from in DuPage, like feeding squirrels. 

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#3 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:06 AM

http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=69962

Sounds exactly like your other thread. LOL

I work to help my State and US representative and State senator.

Edited by spec5, 14 September 2018 - 09:07 AM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#4 TomKoz

• 3,498 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:14 AM

Here is the problem.

Most conservative 2A freedom loving American’s work for a living. Little time.

Those on the government dole have much more time to make sure they continue to get their “freebies” from the producers.
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#5 mic6010

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:07 AM

Pro gun candidates sound nice. Don't think I have any of those in my AO. We have the ones that claim to be pro Second Amendment when they need votes and then jump on board with every anti gun bill that comes along. Closet Democrats with Rs in front of their names mostly.

Glad you guys are helping out the good ones though. I know some parts of this state actually resemble real America were people like that actually have a chance of winning. Enjoy it. 

"Living in Chicago, it used to be, 'don't go out at night,' or 'be more careful at night'. Now it's turned into a place where it doesn't matter if it's day or night."  - John Hendricks.

#6 SiliconSorcerer

• 2,368 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:49 AM

Here is the problem.

Most conservative 2A freedom loving American’s work for a living. Little time.

Those on the government dole have much more time to make sure they continue to get their “freebies” from the producers.

Nothing motivates people more then the possibility of loosing the free lunch....

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#7 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• 8,026 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

I just don't know where all these Democrats are coming from in DuPage, like feeding squirrels.

You noticed too? My immediate neighborhood is fine, but once I get half way through Carol Stream heading east it's all blue.

#8 InterestedBystander

• 5,125 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:01 PM

I just don't know where all these Democrats are coming from in DuPage, like feeding squirrels.

You noticed too? My immediate neighborhood is fine, but once I get half way through Carol Stream heading east it's all blue.
Sadly it started before this year. Based on yard signs it seems to go by blocks which I found interesting. And there are a few houses with both Dem and Rep yard signs.

I suspect it's a lot of people moving out from Cook and Chicago pushing the older Dupage Rs farther out or away which isnt good for the future. Who would have expected them to go Dem for president the last 2 elections?

Edited by InterestedBystander, 16 September 2018 - 02:01 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️
Rauner, Harold, 46th HD:Kinzler, 55th HD:Smolenski, 91st HD:Unes

#9 rmart

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

Who am I going to support? Breen? Nybo? Duckworth? Durbin?

NRA Endowment Life Member

ISRA Member

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Father of two great kids and husband of one great wife

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars... ~unknown

The problem is not guns! It's hearts without God, homes without discipline, schools without prayer, and courts without justice. ~unknown

"A general dissolution of the principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.

While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." ~ Samuel Adams 1779 to James Warren

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster

How much can you put in your signature before it becomes too long??

#10 InterestedBystander

• 5,125 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

Who am I going to support? Breen? Nybo? Duckworth? Durbin?

ugh. yeah, some of us are going to have a no win candidate list like with Nybo.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️
Rauner, Harold, 46th HD:Kinzler, 55th HD:Smolenski, 91st HD:Unes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users