Lost or Invalid Fingerprint/TCN

leadchucker

As an instructor I try to help students apply online. I have noticed many of the students get letters from the ISP stating that their TCN numbers are invalid. Seems to be occurring with more frequency. ISP then tells students to have fingerprint vendor resend TCN. Is anyone else having this trouble?

It happened to me when I applied last year on day 1 of applications. What I was told was that some vendors would send prints in batches and not necessarily right away. They eventually showed up. Applied Jan 2, got my license in the mail on March 7, so it didn't really delay much.

The underlying purpose of my original post is to try to determine if there is a trend at ISP (ie many vendors with the same problem or just one vendor repeating a problem. Students get very frustrated after paying for prints getting a letter a few weeks later from ISP saying that the students TCN number was invalid.

So then it's a vendor YOU recommend?

I'd ask them about it if that's the case!

The vendor for mine had me wait 3 minutes while they processed them to ISP and had confirmation.

I then had TCN and Confirmation about prints.

Two (2) friends have since used the same vendor and same results.

BackGround Resources in Warrenville

*I do not work for them or have interest in the company!

I didn't contract with the vendor but the company I work for did. 4 customers that I processed last week called today and said they had received the invalid TCN letter today. Two weeks ago the same thing happened but when I called the Illinois Bureau of Identification they said that they had processed the fingerprints about three days before those customers had received the letter. I'm thinking that it is a synchronization issue between databases?

I got a letter from ISP about my TCN aswell after a few weeks passed after the class , contacted the instructor who did the prints & taught the CCL class & he said he was having issues with other students & prints also , he would look into it. I took the class in Nov,14 so I'm wondering now since the TCN is showing on my online app does a new clock start since the date the TCN was submitted correctly or does my app status start when I first finished the CCL class & submitted online app back in Nov,14

all this sucks since I could've saved $60 on the prints

The law states that with prints the ISP has 90 days to send your license to you. I have had occasions where I amended (added prints) the application two weeks after initially applying and that delayed the license over 90 days. At least with prints they have less excuse for mistaking you for someone else.

Is your vendor doing the prints on-site or at their fixed location? If they are doing the prints outside of their fixed location, there is likely an issue where your students are submitting their applications before the vendor is submitting the live scan transactions. Vendors are restricted to submitting from IP addresses registered with the ISP.

Archived