Employees Demand Walmart End Gun Sales

Euler

Huffington Post

On Wednesday, Thomas Marshall, a manager in Walmart's San Bruno, California, e-commerce office, organized a walkout and encouraged his colleagues to sign a Change.org petition demanding that the corporation - one of the nation's largest retailers of guns and ammunition - cease profiting from firearm sales.

Marshall told HuffPost on Friday that 40 employees participated in the San Bruno walkout, and he helped to organize another at a Walmart e-commerce office in Portland, Oregon.

Marshall said he has already faced retaliation for speaking out, having been shut out of Walmart's server this week, unable to log in to his laptop and access email or a messaging program. He was also spoken to privately by a human resources representative, who told him that if he wasn't in the office, he didn't need access to the server - an explanation he called "a very thin excuse" and "immediately suspect."

Now Marshall is concerned he may be fired, noting that, although he has "faith in the laws of this country that employees have very, very rigid protections" when it comes to free speech, "I know that I'll never be promoted in this company."

Stores are now being directed to temporarily take down violent video game displays, which spokeswoman Tara House said was "out of respect for the incidents of the past week."

Marshall's next step is to send the petition to Walmart CEO Doug McMillon.

He, along with everyone who joined him, should be immediately terminated. Anything less encourages this nonsense.

You are 100% correct. Fire every one of them. It amazes me to think that employees think they can tell the employer how to run their business. SMH.

And do it on a company wide Skype call so every employee sees what happens when you attempt to take control of the company.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was surprised to see that WalMart had anything corporate going on in the Valley, let alone outside of Arkansas. Look for a course correction.

Yes, this guy and any followers must be made an example of.

Otherwise what's next? another petition and walkout because the litter pan liners aren't dolphin-safe?

Locking him out of access immediately was very prudent. An IT person with an unresolvable grievance is a liability.

He, along with everyone who joined him, should be immediately terminated. Anything less encourages this nonsense.

Walmart has canned anyone that dares organize a protest that fights their exploitative labor practices. Their government welfare subsidized labor force and profits, tax breaks, and large corporate gun dealer carveouts create unfair competition. It puts local gun stores out of business.

If this is the issue this manager is taking a stand on good riddance.

And now this

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/nations-largest-teachers-union-threatens-walmart-boycott-over-gun-sales/?__twitter_impression=true

Walmart could suddenly become a whole lot less busy this back-to-school shopping season. The American Federation of Teachers, the nation's largest teachers union, is threatening to boycott the giant retailer if it continues to sell guns. The labor group also wants Walmart to stop making financial contributions to politicians who oppose gun control. "If Walmart continues to provide funding to lawmakers who are standing in the way of gun reform, teachers and students should reconsider doing their back-to-school shopping at your stores," AFT president Randi Weingarten wrote in an Aug. 7 letter to Walmart CEO Doug McMillon.

Randi Weingarten, from an investigation I did earlier this year (remember the STEM vigil?)

https://ilwd4cr.home.blog/2019/06/04/how-anti-gunners-activists-organizations-and-politicians-politicized-a-tragedy-the-stem-school-highlands-ranch-colorado-shooting/

cqLkyxg.jpg

G3wjtJ6.jpg

Archived