FOID training completed 7/25/19
FOID approved (website) 8/22/19
FOID arrived in mail 8/26/19
CC training completed and CCL request submitted (with fingerprints) 8/31
As of today (11/22/19) it's still "under review", but I will edit this post when it comes through as approved. Judging by everyone else's posts recently, I'm thinking perhaps this next week (Thanksgiving week) although I suppose it could be sooner or later because of the holidays. Hopefully sooner.
For those wondering, it seems like ISP looks at the 90/120 days thing like this (I'm no authority, just an observation based on what I've seen):
- It's actual days, not business days (30, 90 or 120)
- They seem to count the day something was submitted as one of those days
- Even though it only takes a minute or two to verify our info, they're almost always going to wait until the deadline to issue FOID or CCL (annoying, but I guess I kind of get the logic)
- Denials also seem to mostly take place near the end - it's basically like they don't even bother looking until they're within a week or two of the deadline
- Usually in the last week until the deadline is when they issue - but let's see how the holidays affect that
Also I don't know why people seem to treat this whole process like "NBD" or whatever. I'm from GA and this whole process shocked me - to have to basically beg for a constitutional right and hope that they'll grant it...after paying a lot of money and waiting, maybe they still won't? And even if they do, you can't just go buy that thing and use that freedom! No, you have to wait - and you BETTER make sure that the government is 100% aware of anything you do with those or any purchases you make.
Creepy. But I digress....I'll update this post with the dates when stuff comes through. Sorry for the rant. I'm pretty much checking the FOID website every day now to see when it'll be approved so I can finally (hopefully) exercise my God-given right...ya know, if the government is cool with it.