Democratic House Passes Second Gun Control Bill In Two Days

InterestedBystander

full story at link

https://bearingarms.com/micah-r/2019/02/28/democratic-house-passes-gun-control-extending-wait-times/

Democratic House Passes Second Gun Control Bill In Two Days

...A day after Democrats in the House of Representatives passed a new background check bill, another gun control bill is moving out of the chamber and on to the Senate.

On Thursday, Democrats passed H.R. 1112, the Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2019, on a vote of 228-198.

The bill extends the length of time the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has to conduct a background check before an individual can take possession of their purchased firearm.

According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, if the licensed dealer selling the firearm does not receive a final proceed or denied response from the National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) system, they must wait three business days before transferring the firearm to the purchaser. However, this new bill would give the FBI more time to conduct a background check, increasing the potential wait time from three days to ten.

After ten days, the purchaser can file a petition to proceed with the transfer, but the dealer must then wait another ten days after the petitions filing.

Gun rights supporters opposed to the legislation argue that it puts law-abiding citizens at risk, as they wont be able to exercise their Second Amendment right to protect themselves.

To protect victims of domestic violence, Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-Ariz.), a victim of domestic violence herself, proposed an amendment that would allow victims of domestic violence to protect themselves according to the current background requirements and their Second Amendment rights, the official House Judiciary GOP Twitter account tweeted.

Though, Rep. Lesko told her Democratic colleagues that the motion to recommit would not kill the bill or send it back to committee, Democrats voted down the amendment

Furthermore, the legislation would have a significant impact on the Second Amendment rights of veterans...

So, both this and HB 8 have to make it through the Senate and a Presidential veto, yes? Which I cannot see them doing, and I definitely cannot see an override vote being successful.

Essentially, these are virtue signalling bills that the House knows have no chance of being actual laws, yes?

Of course it is. It's 2020 positioning.

This is all for show for the next round of elections. "We tried to protect your children but the evil Republicans under the control of the NRA prevented us from implementing common sense gun safety laws.". Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On the flip side, it very well could be the long needed wakeup call for many pro-gun voters and red states of things to come if the Democrats get total control and thus backfire.

Personally, I see it as a last-ditch effort by the anti-gunners, I personally believe the writing is on the wall in the Supreme Court and the anti-gunners are now going to throw everything at the wall hoping something sticks and can be dragged through the courts buying them a few more years of their agenda before it's tossed by the courts.

These are very useful votes.

FAR past virtue signaling. The gun grabbers have finally ALL been OUTED.

AOC called it right: there ARE lists, to be used in the next election.

I just hope that when the dust settles, she's picking herself up off the ground, her head spinning as she TRIES to comprehend the tsunami that washed her and her ilk out of office.

just noting it here, for later reference:

#1 is HR 8 "universal background checks"

#2 is HR 1112 "wait times"

Further note, Democrat members of Illinois Representative contingent all voted YES, on both bills,

while the Republican members of Illinois Representative contingent all voted NO.

easy to keep track of the traitors.

Archived