CCL Three-Hour Renewal Course Requirements

Molly B.

. Send your application as soon as you get the notice to Renew. Any delay may result in being without valid CCL.

I believe that as long as your CCL is valid and not expired when you submit renewal, it remains valid until the renewal is processed even if expiration date gets passed.

This is true. The law also mentions this.

You're required to issue a new certificate. I had to do that for a couple of my clients.

OMG, I expected this to take til the end of the year. VERY NICE.

I have one question. After July 1, 2018 they will no longer accept the old version of the 16 hour certificate. What happens if a student that has taken the class and has an old version of the certificate but doesn't apply until after July 1, 2018.

Will the ISP accept the old certificate or are we going to have to issue a new certificate with the original class date on it.

It says that about FOID, but I see nothing in the law that says you may carry on an, in process expired card (ccl) , even if you submit before exp. If approved I would say yes, but not under review and also expired. I would not carry, even if this is a renewal. IF someone has a quote from the law stating something else, I would appreciate you quoting it.

. Send your application as soon as you get the notice to Renew. Any delay may result in being without valid CCL.

I believe that as long as your CCL is valid and not expired when you submit renewal, it remains valid until the renewal is processed even if expiration date gets passed.

This is true. The law also mentions this.

It says that about FOID, but I see nothing in the law that says you may carry on an, in process expired card (ccl) , even if you submit before exp. If approved I would say yes, but not under review and also expired. I would not carry, even if this is a renewal. IF someone has a quote from the law stating something else, I would appreciate you quoting it.

From Section - 70 Violations

(c ) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

(c ) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=043000660K70

You're required to issue a new certificate. I had to do that for a couple of my clients.

OMG, I expected this to take til the end of the year. VERY NICE.

I have one question. After July 1, 2018 they will no longer accept the old version of the 16 hour certificate. What happens if a student that has taken the class and has an old version of the certificate but doesn't apply until after July 1, 2018.

Will the ISP accept the old certificate or are we going to have to issue a new certificate with the original class date on it.

Actually I'm not required to issue a new certificate. There's nothing in the law or the JCAR rules on how to handle this. Plus the ISP hasn't communicated to the instructors on what to do in this situation.

Personally, I have issued new certificates to a couple of my students that were in this situation and will continue to do so where necessary.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question on this subject. I just did my three-hour renewal recertification class yesterday. I was one of the first to apply for the IL CCL when literally the website to allow applications went live. I live in Chicago and naturally Cook County. There was an objection put on my application and was in the review board for a bit and then approved and received my IL CCL. I didn't submit fingerprints in my application and then regretted immediately as it became seen that people with prints were approved much faster than people without prints.

My question is since I didn't submit fingerprints (no reason other than cost and laziness to look for a legitimate place the first time). Will my renewal for my IL CCL be slowed again because of this or should I just get my prints done and submit prints this time along with my three-hour renewal certificate?

I have already submitted prints for non-resident Florida CCL and I believe Arizona as well. So my prints are out there. Just asking for advice on renewal this time.

Get prints this time and submit along with 3-hour certificate & picture? Or since I have an IL CCL and just renewing don't bother with prints now just a waste of money and just submit 3-hour renewal certificate along with picture?

I am very curious to hear your responses on how I should proceed with prints this time?

I have a question on this subject. I just did my three-hour renewal recertification class yesterday. I was one of the first to apply for the IL CCL when literally the website to allow applications went live. I live in Chicago and naturally Cook County. There was an objection put on my application and was in the review board for a bit and then approved and received my IL CCL. I didn't submit fingerprints in my application and then regretted immediately as it became seen that people with prints were approved much faster than people without prints.

My question is since I didn't submit fingerprints (no reason other than cost and laziness to look for a legitimate place the first time). Will my renewal for my IL CCL be slowed again because of this or should I just get my prints done and submit prints this time along with my three-hour renewal certificate?

I have already submitted prints for non-resident Florida CCL and I believe Arizona as well. So my prints are out there. Just asking for advice on renewal this time.

Get prints this time and submit along with 3-hour certificate & picture? Or since I have an IL CCL and just renewing don't bother with prints now just a waste of money and just submit 3-hour renewal certificate along with picture?

I am very curious to hear your responses on how I should proceed with prints this time?

If it was me...I wouldn't....Save the cash for ammo or holster. You went thru the initial BS, now they know who you are. Just make sure you submit the app 90 days prior. They are taking about 45 days to renew, from what I've heard. I know it sucks to submit way early , but this is Illinois.

If it was me...I wouldn't....Save the cash for ammo or holster. You went thru the initial BS, now they know who you are. Just make sure you submit the app 90 days prior. They are taking about 45 days to renew, from what I've heard. I know it sucks to submit way early , but this is Illinois.

Okay and thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you submit your renewal prior to expiration of current CCL your license stays active and is good to go. Prints may or may not speed things up a bit but is it worth the money just to maybe get a card quicker that has a future expire date printed on it?

Good points!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Renewed today & 3 hour cert submitted 02-04-19

Expiration date 04-10-19

Original application was without prints.

Now the wait starts...

Molly I have 120 days in today with no status changes. Is that normal? Or do I need to start making some calls?

Expiration date 04-10-19

Now the wait starts...

Molly I have 120 days in today with no status changes. Is that normal? Or do I need to start making some calls?

It is becoming more normal as the weeks go by. Did you have to make any changes or corrections to your application?

Give it another week.

Expiration date 04-10-19

Now the wait starts...

It is becoming more normal as the weeks go by. Did you have to make any changes or corrections to your application?

Give it another week.

No changes or corrections were made to the application. I’ll give it another week. Thanks for the reply.

Expiration date 04-10-19

Now the wait starts...

Give it another week.

No changes or corrections were made to the application. I’ll give it another week. Thanks for the reply.

Status changed to QC_Verified yesterday and Approved on the same day.

Status changed to today to Active.

Now just waiting for the card in the mail to arrive.

Thanks Molly for letting us know that processing times are longer than we thought.

Archived