SAF Considering Lawsuit to Force Faster CCL Process

mauserme

I'm puzzled as to why the press release from SAF says the process should take 90-120 days in ILLannoy. Really, that's acceptable? Shortly after we moved to Tennessee, I got my lifetime carry permit 8 days after applying. (December 2018)

If these rednecks can get it done, surely the sophisticated bureaucrats in Springfield, charging waaaaaay more, could do it waaaaaaaay faster than taking many months, if they wanted to.

I'm puzzled as to why the press release from SAF says the process should take 90-120 days in ILLannoy. Really, that's acceptable? Shortly after we moved to Tennessee, I got my lifetime carry permit 8 days after applying. (December 2018)

If these rednecks can get it done, surely the sophisticated bureaucrats in Springfield, charging waaaaaay more, could do it waaaaaaaay faster than taking many months, if they wanted to.

PA Sheriff's offices manage to get them done in 15~20 minutes.

Someone at the computer at the ISP takes the same amount of time as anyone else sitting at a terminal with access to the various databases. It's just a matter of whether they wait 3 months before someone does it or not. If the time limit was 60 days, they'd be done at 55. If the time limit was 7 days, they'd be done in 5. This is the way of bureaucracies.

Because that's what the law says: 90 days with prints, 120 without. Its a much easier case to show they are in breach of their own timeframes, than a subjective "it could/should be faster"

Because that's what the law says: 90 days with prints, 120 without. Its a much easier case to show they are in breach of their own timeframes, than a subjective "it could/should be faster"

Ah, good point.

Archived