• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

To add to the fire with those folks, this is not a good look

N4IeFPy.jpg

And I agree with the pro-2A side comment. I myself have no loyalty to one specific group. I believe they all have their place and strengthens/weaknesses. We need as many as possible to appeal to all people on our side. I sincerely hope IGOT getting booted was not due to another group’s jealously or bad blood between them

NEVER  shake a politician's right hand !!!!  :no:  :sick: 

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#32 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:57 PM

As for other forums,  "Open Carry" has sub-forums that are state specific.  It is one of 5 that I frequent.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#33 GT1

• Members
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:18 AM

Nope. I don't buy it. 
I have been on the site for over 10 years and have belonged to dozens of 2A and firearm specific groups and pages. They get shut down over stupidity and members thinking the 2A is the only rule that applies to them personally, totally forgetting they are on a privately ran site and that they signed the terms of service when making their account.

Some of the groups from 10 years ago are still there, many aren't because of the aforementioned clowns. If facebook wanted to shut them all down they would have long ago. Hundreds of them exist on the site right now proving that isn't the case.

Edited by GT1, 25 June 2019 - 10:18 AM.

gun totin' liberal
All fundamental liberties are interrelated. When you weaken one, you weaken them all, even if it is not immediately apparent to the short-sighted and fearful.

#34 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

Nope. I don't buy it. 
I have been on the site for over 10 years and have belonged to dozens of 2A and firearm specific groups and pages. They get shut down over stupidity and members thinking the 2A is the only rule that applies to them personally, totally forgetting they are on a privately ran site and that they signed the terms of service when making their account.
Some of the groups from 10 years ago are still there, many aren't because of the aforementioned clowns. If facebook wanted to shut them all down they would have long ago. Hundreds of them exist on the site right now proving that isn't the case.

There's nothing to buy. IGOT is a facebook group, not a stand-alone forum.
** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member
** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender
** Gun Owners of America - Annual Member
** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year American Hero Member
** Second Amendment Foundation - Life Member
** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#35 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:54 AM

IGOT got itself shut down with its stupidity. 9/10 posts were FB violations to the point I had to mute it. Name calling, crude comments, inappropriate images. They wanted to push the limit on how salty a group could be and it bit them.

If that's what a winning "organization" looks like, I don't care to win.

Speedbump, I'd love to here what's cookin.'

#36 steveTA84

• 4,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:12 AM

UXbw7xL.jpg

#37 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:53 AM

Looks like speculation in the absence something official from FB saying as much.

Were you active on that page?

#38 steveTA84

• 4,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:01 AM

Looks like speculation in the absence something official from FB saying as much.

I was, but never posted materials or posts against FB rules

#39 SycamoreRuger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:30 AM

I did not see any posts encouraging spam but if that is really the case it sounds like actionable behavior.

On the other hand, I automatically ignore posts written like this:

hEy lET’s SpAM hER fACeBoOk PagE dErP

#40 ScottFM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:38 AM

Facebook does stuff like this all the time to a wide variety of groups. Remember you are the product and not the customer on FB. If they can't make money off of you or your group then they will eliminate you or your group from using their corporate platform. 

--

Beer, it's the reason I get out of bed every afternoon!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

#41 steveTA84

• 4,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:00 AM

I did not see any posts encouraging spam but if that is really the case it sounds like actionable behavior.

On the other hand, I automatically ignore posts written like this:

hEy lET’s SpAM hER fACeBoOk PagE dErP

There was no call to action to attack her account. Proof of censorship was provided, she then got flak and made a statement about it, people called her out on her statement. The same day, news sources ran articles about her confiscation comments and others from all over the country attacked her most recent post regarding censorship of comments her and her staff deemed inappropriate. It wasn’t IGOT, it was pro 2A and 1A people from all over the country that hit her posts

#42 steveTA84

• 4,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:01 AM

Facebook does stuff like this all the time to a wide variety of groups. Remember you are the product and not the customer on FB. If they can't make money off of you or your group then they will eliminate you or your group from using their corporate platform.

That’s true, but IGOT had 8100+ members and were active for like 8 years. FB made plenty of $$$ off of them

#43 DD123

Freedom Lover

• Members
  • 9,096 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:25 PM

Iâve been a member of IGOT for a long time. Honestly while the group did some good work with coordinating events and getting people to fill out witness slips, they had many issues. I could never have a logical discussion there without some window licker ruining the discussion. The most active on there seemed to have never finished grade school because they couldnât write out a proper sentence or use proper grammar. If people werenât replying with illogical arguments, or yelling âSHALL NOT BE INFRINGEDâ, they were virtue signaling to one another. Almost on a daily basis people posted screenshots of their arguments with antis. Yes we get it, antis are retarded. Now I know it seems like Iâm dumping on the group, but a good clean out was needed. There were way too many threads and comments talking about âspiesâ. Of course there are spies, itâs on FB, and 3 retarded questions arenât going to keep antis out smh. Iâm honestly amazed it lasted this long. The only reason I never left the group was because there were a handful of folks that were knowledgeable and insightful. It was a pleasure reading their responses or engaging in a discussion with them. Perception is everything when it comes to things as important as 2A. When you have a bunch of people posting with their internet bravado, and typing like they didnât finish 3rd grade, it hurts the cause. If I have these opinions as a fierce 2A supporter, what impression does it give to those who are on the fence....the actual demographic that we need?

Edited by DD123, 26 June 2019 - 02:26 PM.

Force and intimidation are the tools of tyrants.  - Ron Paul

If Democrats quit shooting people, "gun violence" would go down by 80%.......

Taxation is theft

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

#44 steveTA84

• 4,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

^^^

As a newer member I noticed that too. Some folks were people that really gave our movement a bad name (as in threats, causing fights between gun owners, etc).

They found the solution and have been reborn

#45 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:48 PM

I was, but never posted materials or posts against FB rules

I didn't suspect that you did.

I was just curious if you'd been exposed to the idiocy.

#46 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

I agree with DD on his points too. Too much derp in the little good discussion that was there.

My guess it was simply the volume of posts that were reported that shut it down.

#47 steveTA84

• 4,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

https://www.thetruth...together-group/

Zuck strikes again. On Sunday, Facebook deleted the very popular “Illinois Gun Owners Together – IGOT” private Facebook group. And with the appeal is stretching into the fourth day, it looks like IGOT won’t be back.

We have watched as Facebook has shadow-banned conservative content in earnest following President Trump’s election. Now, Zuckerberg’s minions have moved to simply ban it on the platform altogether. And gun rights activism certainly fits that bill.

#48 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:30 AM

UXbw7xL.jpg

Even if true, that is no reason to remove them.
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#49 steveTA84

• 4,747 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:27 AM

^^^^

Read the above Truth About Guns article. Morrison makes an appearance. She better make a statement and clarify a few things

#50 SycamoreRuger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:12 AM

https://www.thetruth...ther-group/Zuck strikes again. On Sunday, Facebook deleted the very popular “Illinois Gun Owners Together – IGOT” private Facebook group. And with the appeal is stretching into the fourth day, it looks like IGOT won’t be back.
We have watched as Facebook has shadow-banned conservative content in earnest following President Trump’s election. Now, Zuckerberg’s minions have moved to simply ban it on the platform altogether. And gun rights activism certainly fits that bill.

Don’t give up on IGOT yet, I am still optimistic they will return. Despite my criticisms the group is still a valuable and missed resource.

Another Facebook group I am in, Sig Sauer P365 Discussion Only with almost 17,000 members, disappeared in mid-May for violating Facebook rules. From what I can tell, members were discussing prices on firearms or accessories, or linking to a webpage that showed prices on guns, hinting about a sale/trade, etc. Facebook is keeping a close eye on behavior like that, and members aren’t even allowed to hint at prices by talking about Benjamins, roses, etc.

I think it took almost a week for them to get re-instated, but I don’t know what hoops you have to jump through to make it happen. The moderators are more diligent than ever but there are always the odd members that think the rules don’t apply to them.

#51 InterestedBystander

• 6,599 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

I read IGOT 2.0 is alive

https://www.facebook...groups/IGOT2.0/
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#52 steveTA84

• 4,747 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

^^^
Yep

#53 SycamoreRuger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:30 PM

One more thing about Facebook - does anyone else save gun-related Facebook posts, and then notice that they were deleted later? In my gun folder of saved items, I have several messages from Facebook like the one below. Maybe 20% of my saved gun posts are like this, but I can’t recall what the original posts said.8f2f01caa02a44a618c53d9b440b11dd.jpg

#54 steveTA84

• 4,747 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:42 AM

Main group is back up. IGOT won the appeal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users