Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

ammo online retailers ammunition

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#571 HelloAll

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:34 AM

Please read the top post, specifically the list of sellers (and list of "lost causes") before commenting. This will help avoid rehashing previous discussions. Please also note that this relates to the CITY of Chicago ONLY. The suburbs and greater Cook County are not Chicago.

As we know, the previous ban on "transfer" of ammunition within the City of Chicago was struck out with the passage of Chicago's gun store ordinance in June 2014. This will be a running list of online retailers who will ship ammunition to residents living in the City of Chicago. We're hoping to grow this list over time. (Note: this is NOT the thread for complaining about particular retailer's prices. This is intended as a resource for consumers to research and select the online vendor of their choice).

The retailers below are confirmed or have been reported to me as willing to ship ammunition to Chicago. If you encounter problems with any, please bring to my attention. If you know of any additional vendors who have shipped ammo to Chicago or have indicated their willingness to do so, feel free to post them here and I'll update the list.
 Ammo retailers who will ship (in alphabetical order)AmmoMartAmmo Supply WarehouseAmmunitionStoreAnacortes Gun Shop
AngelFire Ammo
Atlanta ArmsBlue Ridge FirearmsBone Frog Gun Club
Brownell's (some people now report successfully ordering ammo, Brownell's have been flaky about this in the past)
Bud's Gun ShopBuffalo ArmsBuffalo BoreCajunammo
Chestnut Ridge (rifle ammo has been successful, need someone to try handgun ammo)
Everglades AmmoExoticAmmo (a good source for unusual ammo, like less-then-lethal shotgun rounds, net rounds, tracers, etc.)
Gad Custom Cartridges (good source for obsolete calibers)Great Lakes AmmunitionLanbo's Armory
LG OutdoorsMass Ammo
Mid America Munitions
Midway (some people report successfully ordering shot shells. Other ammo is iffy/unlikely)Military ShootersOld Western ScroungerRed River ReloadingSelway ArmorySWFA OutdoorsTactical Defense SolutionsTargetSportsUSATop Gun SupplyUnderwood Ammo (also their Facebook page for sales/deals)

Lost causes
The following online sellers should be considered "lost causes", either due to their ongoing refusal to ship to Chicago, or their inconsistency in shipping to Chicago for some people versus refusing to do so for others. Please note that the below vendors have been contacted multiple times already and doing so again is unlikely to achieve anything positive.

AIM Surplus
Ammunition Depot
Bulkammo
Carolina Munitions
Graf & Sons
J&G Sales
Lucky Gunner
Palmetto State Armory
SGAmmo
Sportsman's Guide
Sportsman's Warehouse

GrabAGun, Impact Guns, and TNTMunitions does not ship ammo to Chicago. GrabAGun.com and ImpactGuns.com doesn't ship ammo to all of Illinois. All lost causes.

Edited by HelloAll, 02 March 2020 - 05:35 AM.

#572 ChicagoRay

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:47 AM

Hello all, I’m looking for a place that ships Magpul PMAG MOE Gen M2 AR-15 5.56mm 30 Round Mags to Chicago, any idea?
Let me know.

Thanks,

Ray

Attached Thumbnails

• 16516-DEFAULT-l.jpg

#573 Euler

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:25 PM

Hello all, I’m looking for a place that ships ... 30 Round Mags to Chicago, any idea?

I believe Chicago limits long guns to 12-round mags, so no one with a legitimate business license is going to ship 30-round mags to Chicago.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#574 McCroskey

With Liberty and Justice for all

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:51 AM

GrabAGun, Impact Guns, and TNTMunitions does not ship ammo to Chicago. GrabAGun.com and ImpactGuns.com doesn't ship ammo to all of Illinois. All lost causes.

Thanks for this, I will add them

“By concord little things grow great, by discord the greatest come to nothing.”
-Roger Williams

Second Amendment Foundation Life Member

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ammo, online retailers, ammunition

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users