'Responding to Aurora' discussion set for Thursday in Elgin

Upholder

ISP Firearm Services fund gets $3 for new FOID apps at 180k per year. $10 for renewal FOID apps at 200k per year. 2.3M total FOID holders.

ISRA says FSB fund got $78M seeding when CCL passed.

320K CCL card holders.

..."An applicant for a new license or a renewal shall submit $150 with the application, of which $120 shall be apportioned to the State Police Firearm Services Fund"...

Messed up big time on my math but they aren't hurting with the seed money.

The guy that I spoke with when they had a phone was a civilian.

So far Ive only seen one ISP position posted for a Firearm services processing job...ever. And Im pretty sure it was a civilian position. Molly says they have trouble getting new hires and keeping them after trained because they move on to other jobs.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20190607/police-leaders-urge-speaking-up-tightening-gun-control-in-wake-of-pratt-shooting

And when asked if a national gun registry, national FOID and a longer waiting period to purchase a gun would help, Ziman responded, "Yes, yes, yes, yes."

She acknowledged there are Second Amendment concerns raised by law-abiding gun owners.

"I don't know that anyone of us can solve" the complex problem, she said. "But the place to start is at a registry. If you are going to bear arms, why not register them?"

My police chief now wants to be head of the Gestapo. Why not register them, Kristen?

Because the 2A is our first line of defense against a corrupt and oppressive governmnent. Maybe the government isn't currently oppressive and totalitarian (some would argue that), but if the government did become dictatorial and corrupt, the first thing they do would be to take away those guns on the registry. History has shown that happening over and over- both in good governments becoming evil and then the gun confiscations, followed by mass genocide. THAT'S why you don't register guns.

..."her 50-person staff -- which also oversees concealed-carry licensing, and concealed-carry and FOID revocations -- receives about 180,000 FOID applications a year, and about 200,000 requests for renewals. Last year about 9,000 applications were rejected, she said"...

So now we finally have heard from ISP on how large the FOID/CCL staff is.

About 9000 rejected, why?

Were they prohibited or was the form nor filled out rite, they could share more on this number?

That’s less than .5% of the applicants.

If we assume 261 working days in a year, and average the 200k and 180k across the entire year....

766 Renewals per day

689 New applications per day

1455 total per day

182 per hour

3.03 per minute.

20 seconds each app/renewal.

I could see why people would leave.

That would be for only 1 person working. With a staff of 50 that would be 3.6 Foid per hour per person. or about 16 mins per app. But throw in CCL and that number drops as well. Also i'm sure some of the 50 person staff are supervisors who don't go through apps.

I noticed that also but since I screwed up on my math so badly the first time, I figured I would just be quiet.

Nobody's doing app/renewals at 3 per minute.

Enter, Enter, Enter, don't like the name, Deny, Enter, Enter.

Two minutes, time for a break.

The first time i did that math i was about to post about the 3 apps per min then realized i missed the other people. :)

Archived