Renewal Application Rejected Twice

riverbend

I have a student whose renewal application was rejected twice, once in September after 120 days, and again this weekend after 140 days.

This is the message:

Corrections Required
Your Concealed Carry application is incomplete. Please satisfy the following and resubmit your application:

Training Information | Fix Document
or Training Exemption Specification

Submitted Training Certificate is invalid.

I have re-printed his training certificate and he has re-submitted and got the 2nd rejection.

i am using the cert version ISP 671 (3/18), is there a different version I should be using?

How do I go about finding what is wrong, the student is getting frustrated, and so am I

I's a 3-hour renewal certificate, not a 16-hour course.

I'm unaware of an instructors portal, so if you have a link, i'd be grateful.

It has been over a year since I applied for renewal and received my new card. I do not remember the whole online process.

You probably didn't get rejected twice in the interim, though.

Even if the original CCL hadn't expired at the time of the first application, I'd bet it was considered expired at the time of the first rejection. Previous CCLs are only considered not expired as long as the renewal is in process. A rejected renewal is no longer "in process."

I have a student whose renewal application was rejected twice, once in September after 120 days, and again this weekend after 140 days.

This is the message:

Corrections Required

Your Concealed Carry application is incomplete. Please satisfy the following and resubmit your application:

Training Information | Fix Document

or Training Exemption Specification

Submitted Training Certificate is invalid.

I have re-printed his training certificate and he has re-submitted and got the 2nd rejection.

i am using the cert version ISP 671 (3/18), is there a different version I should be using?

How do I go about finding what is wrong, the student is getting frustrated, and so am I

Try sending the certificate to this email address and ask what is wrong with it:

ISP.Instructor.Docs@illinois.gov

If it's a renewal application and his previous CCL has expired, then his CCL has expired. He needs to take the 16-hour class, get a 16-hour cert, and apply for a non-renewal, original CCL.

If he has spent 260 days trying to get a renewal CCL, I find it difficult to believe his original CCL is not expired.

Not necessarily. If the rejected certificate was submitted prior to the expiration, the student should still be able to submit the corrected one without taking the whole 16 hrs. again.

I waited 240+ days for mine. The problem was that whoever was doing the review thought I was a new app but it was actually a renewal. They rejected me for lack of hours, twice. Of course the card was expired for about 239 days because I renewed the day before expiry. That part is irrelevant to the story but thought I'd include it. Good luck getting through the help line. That unfortunately is where you need to be. You can point out their errors like I did and have a card quickly.

Archived