Point Blank Opens in Naperville

aka

Basically bring in your DD214 today and get the $17.49 price? I hate when businesses are not ready to open and you have to call corporate.

Every new place is going to have some bugs but I hate when you get " I'm trying my best but it wont go through." Especially if there are people waiting behind you, it can be a PITA.

That should be all it takes. The sign says "All veterans and active duty." I used my retired ID, but a 214 should suffice. Honestly, the lady who called me from their corporate office couldn't have been nicer. And she said the military discount code should work today. If not, sign up for $20 and contact their office. Easy fix. It's an incredible deal, although my monthly ammo expense just went through the roof.

I would hope that the "Veteran" indicator now on my IL Drivers License would also work. I don't like people making copies of my DD214.

Ya

Its not easy to get your Veteran driver's license - I had to go to the county veterans office and show them my DD214, its not like they just hand them out.

I'd like to see the state do the same thing with the CCL

I tried to get the veterans designation when I renewed my DL but the IDVA did not make it easy. I went to the Naperville location on a Friday and it was closed. I then drove over to the Wheaton office and it was closed too even though both said they were open on fridays. I gave up.

Basically bring in your DD214 today and get the $17.49 price? I hate when businesses are not ready to open and you have to call corporate.

Every new place is going to have some bugs but I hate when you get " I'm trying my best but it wont go through." Especially if there are people waiting behind you, it can be a PITA.

That should be all it takes. The sign says "All veterans and active duty." I used my retired ID, but a 214 should suffice. Honestly, the lady who called me from their corporate office couldn't have been nicer. And she said the military discount code should work today. If not, sign up for $20 and contact their office. Easy fix. It's an incredible deal, although my monthly ammo expense just went through the roof.

I would hope that the "Veteran" indicator now on my IL Drivers License would also work. I don't like people making copies of my DD214.

Point Blank didn't make copies of my ID, nor did they make a copy of my buddies 214. They just looked at it and said OK to the military discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Shoot point blank on Thursday, they didn't accept my FL ID for range practice, they require FOID to shoot at their range

Do you have a FL drivers license? As far as I know if you are NOT a IL resident they will let you shoot using your own guns. They will not rent you a gun or buy ammo.

• 1 month later...
I wanted to update this thread. Since Point Blank Naperville opened, I have shot at their range weekly, with only one exception. Being new, the range of course is very clean. But more importantly, hands down, it is the friendliest range I have ever been to. The range officers have all been super and helpful. There are still some kinks being worked out in the shop as it is a new store with new employees, but those are minor. Range fees are very reasonable and they have specials during the week for women, vets and LEO. I got a range pass when they opened at a killer price. I HIGHLY recommend the place.

I went to the Shoot Point Blank shooting range earlier in this week and it was nice experience. There was a range master or whatever the title is called in the range area itself. I thought that was great since my recent experience at another range was not the greatest.

At that range there were 3 younger guys in one lane and one of them started rapid firing. A minute or so later an employee came in the range, and I assumed told them to stop. Later on, one of the guys called "cease fire", I stopped firing, put my weapon down pointed downrange, and stepped out the firing cube looking i guess puzzled. One of the employees looked at me through the large outside window to see if everything was ok, and i gave him an "i guess" look. I looked at the 3 guys and it appears that one of them just called "cease fire" just so he could take his turn shooting. I told the staff about this while leaving the range. At another time there was a group sharing a lane, shooting a shotgun. It appeared that the shooter was done shooting, and then the shooter pointed the shotgun at the ceiling to "i assume" clear the weapon. I told the staff about this while leaving the range.

• 2 months later...

Anyone notice that there range pass fee has increased from the discounted price if you signed up for that? I signed up or the military discount price of $17.95 a month. The advertising stated good until the pass is terminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call the HQ in Cincinnati and they'll give you a credit and fix it. Happened to me and it was quickly fixed. I get billed $17.49 a month.

Anyone notice that there range pass fee has increased from the discounted price if you signed up for that? I signed up or the military discount price of $17.95 a month. The advertising stated good until the pass is terminated.

Call the HQ in Cincinnati and they'll give you a credit and fix it. Happened to me and it was quickly fixed. I get billed $17.49 a month.

Thanks DomG!!!

Archived