What is the measurements of the scoring rings on a B-27 target?

ragsbo

I understand that the ISP have changed the rules to say that only shots in the scoring rings of the B-27 will count for qualification for concealed carry. When I took the class it was all in the black (and I think that is what the law actually says too). I was talking to a guy yesterday who was planning on taking the class and was wondering about the target. Can some one tell me what the measurement of the scoring rings are? All I could fine on line was the whole paper target measurement. I know he could buy some b-27 but he is retired and it is hard enough to get the money for the training and application.

Thanks for the help!

The rumor that you had to hit the rings has been proven to be wrong multiple times.

A hit anywhere on the black or whatever color your B27 is counts.

This is another case of people repeating rumors with out checking the law or updated rules from the

State of Illinois.

If you heard this from a shop owner, friend or instructor, let him or her know they are incorrect.

Take some of the free sales flyers you get in the mail or Sunday paper and unfold, if he can hit those he can hit the B27... If he wants discipline just shoot at standard 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper or a paper plate...

The "scoring area" for the MFT/ISP is 8.5" x 14". I've seen NRA instructors use a 9" paper plate.

http://www.pistoleer.com/shooting-targets/pics/ILPT.gif

The rumor that you had to hit the rings has been proven to be wrong multiple times.

A hit anywhere on the black or whatever color your B27 is counts.

This is another case of people repeating rumors with out checking the law or updated rules from the

State of Illinois.

If you heard this from a shop owner, friend or instructor, let him or her know they are incorrect.

False, it has not been proven wrong not even once...

From the Illinois State Police response to my question (I will forward to anyone who would like a copy for their records):

"Yes, this the ring area."

The question I asked,

"I understand the final rules read "scoring area". Please define what the scoring area is. "

The scoring area according to the law and the NRA B27 target is anywhere on the black part of the target.

It shows up in the left upper corner that it counts for 3 points outside of the rings.

Thanks for the info. I talked to him again today and gave him some targets I had to practice with. One is the DOE qualification target which is close to the B27 and a couple half size b27 I had. Told him if he could hit the whole paper on the half size he would be okay. He is a decent shot with a shotgun /rifle just has not shot a pistol since the military ages ago. His son in law will work with him and I have offered also. I told him that he could use a 22 too instead of the 40 cal the SIL has. We'll see.

Archived