68 replies to this topic

#1 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 13,784 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

State Rep. Curtis Tarver arrested for carrying a weapon with a revoked license

https://chicagocityw...revoked-license

State Rep. Curtis Tarver II (D-Chicago) was arrested Monday night in the Woodlawn section of Chicago and charged with carrying a weapon with an invalid concealed carry license (CCL), according to Chicago police.

Replying to an inquiry from Chicago City Wire, the CPD Office of Communications said that at approximately 8:32 p.m. on November 18 officers on patrol in the 6500 block of South Stony Island Avenue stopped a vehicle with a broken headlight. They asked the driver, whom they identified as Curtis Tarver, 38, if there were weapons in the vehicle.

The driver handed officers a weapon that was in the vehicle, as well as a concealed carry license, a CPD communications officer wrote in an email. Further investigation revealed the license was revoked. The subject was taken into custody and charged accordingly.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#2 ScopeEye

• 1,295 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:21 PM

State Rep. Curtis Tarver II (D-Chicago) 

Invalid CCL

Common Criminal

What the #### 

Why should he be allowed to be a State Rep

#3 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,784 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:22 PM

This is an example of the Illinois Democrat politicians who are writing laws that affect your Second Amendment Rights.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#4 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,784 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

State Rep. Curtis Tarver II (D-Chicago) 
Invalid CCL
Common Criminal

What the #### 
Why should he be allowed to be a State Rep

“. Tarver was charged with a misdemeanor for the invalid license. He was also cited for the faulty headlight. He was issued an I-bond (a no-cash bond) and released.”

He was charged with misdemeanor- not a felony. A felony would end his career.

#5 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

So let me get this straight.

Invalid FCCL and carrying a gun, and he gets released on an I-bond.

Anthony Guban the Morton college student, sitting in class with a valid FCCL and his gun is in his car get no bail as he's considered a danger to public safety.

How in the **** is any of this even remotely fair. Our judicial system is FUBAR.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#6 Yas

• Members
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

Whats his voting record on 2nd amendment type things?

What was he carrying and how many rounds did the magizine hold? !!!!!!!

Edited by Yas, 21 November 2019 - 07:37 PM.

#7 MagSlap

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

-Animal Farm.

(Provided that animal is a democrat)

#8 357

• Members
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

Why was his license revoked?
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#9 OrlandInstructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:15 PM

Most likely an expired FOID card, which caused his CCL to be revoked.

#10 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 4,153 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:20 PM

Why was his license revoked?

That is exactly the question I want to know.

Also, in situations such as this, legislators should absolutely know better, and if it's not some completely innocent mistake, he should be removed from office and barred from every participating in any capacity that involves public funding again, including lobbying.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#11 Colt guy

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Pretty sure I wouldn’t hand an officer my gun whether my CCL is revoked or not ! 

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#12 DomG

• Members
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:44 PM

Good. The elite who write the BS, 2A infringing laws that us peasants must follow, should be held to the same standards we are. 

"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges." - Tacitus
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." -Tacitus

IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member
USAF Retired
NRA Life Member
ISRA
GOA

#13 steveTA84

• 5,863 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:06 PM

Good. The elite who write the BS, 2A infringing laws that us peasants must follow, should be held to the same standards we are.

I think a bunch of people should send this story to his political ally, Rep Willis

#14 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,153 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

I think a bunch of people should send this story to his political ally, Rep Willis

Oh, that would be delightful! I wonder if she could be forced to issue some sort of statement! Or maybe she can be confronted with it at the next public town hall she attends.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

InX89li.jpg

#15 steveTA84

• 5,863 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:09 PM

[quote name="ChicagoRonin70" post="1238980" timestamp="1574392094"][quote name="steveTA84" post="1238979" timestamp="1574391974"]
[quote name="DomG" post="1238971" timestamp="1574390677"]
[quote name="OrlandInstructor" post="1238960" timestamp="1574388946"]
[/quote]

Good. The elite who write the BS, 2A infringing laws that us peasants must follow, should be held to the same standards we are.[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, that would be delightful! I wonder if she could be forced to issue some sort of statement! Or maybe she can be confronted with it at the next public town hall she attends.[/quote]

Now you’re talkin!!!! Would be nice to see her agree that he should have been arrested

#16 steveTA84

• 5,863 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:21 PM

Makes one wonder if he followed the law while at his office (see door)...

Attached Thumbnails

• 6342270B-299F-4383-9627-2AF42A67A464.jpeg

#17 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,153 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:22 PM

Makes one wonder if he followed the law while at his office (see door)...

I think that needs to be investigated, as well. What's good for the goose . . .

InX89li.jpg

#18 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:29 PM

Anthony Guban the Morton college student, sitting in class with a valid FCCL and his gun is in his car get no bail as he's considered a danger to public safety.
How in the **** is any of this even remotely fair. Our judicial system is FUBAR.

Agreed.
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#19 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:30 PM

I'd bet money on that too...probably changed his address along the way and nothing got forwarded.
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#20 WitchDoctor

• 1,150 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM

I asked her about this. Think I get a reply?

3/504 Airborne

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to  wonderful, most times, kids...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#21 TomKoz

• 4,595 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:12 AM

Squeaky Clean kid gets jammed up with felony No Bond and this person gets a slap on wrist ??!!

What the hey!!! !!!

THIS gets my blood boiling.

Equal Protection my buttocks !!

Crap like ^^^ THIS justifies civil disobedience - are YOU the next one to get “jammed-up” while an “elite” skates ????
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#22 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• 3,005 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:37 AM

ALL I can say is that he voted YES on SB1966.

HE should be rotting HIS tukus in Tom Dart's Crook County resort and pizza parlor, not some college kid who had VALID paperwork.

Edited by markthesignguy, 22 November 2019 - 01:41 AM.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......
NRA Life Member
ISRA Life Member

#23 jim123

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:52 AM

Yep.

https://cwbchicago.c...n-bail-for.html

#24 jim123

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:55 AM

Along with this one...

https://cwbchicago.c...till-alive.html

#25 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• 3,488 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:07 AM

Anyone have contacts at Fox?

#26 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,132 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:15 AM

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

-Animal Farm.

(Provided that animal is a democrat)

Yes.  The laws are enforced or not enforced based on who you know or other attributes.  Kim Foxx won't even prosecute most crimes if the offender is a member of a racial minority.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#27 steveTA84

• 5,863 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:30 AM

Well, in the 12 hours that this has been published, almost 1700 views (and growing) lol.

https://www.mom-at-a...icense-to-do-so

Edited by steveTA84, 22 November 2019 - 09:31 AM.

#28 InterestedBystander

• 6,928 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:23 PM

You think he filled out the revoked form and turned in CCL/transferred firearms?

Does reapplying and getting a current FOID automatically reinstate the CCL?...in 2 days?

Story discussed at CapFax

https://capitolfax.c...ile.php?p=44039

and reported at Chicagocitywire

https://chicagocityw...revoked-license

..."From Rep. Tarver

On November 18, I was the subject of a routine traffic stop, at which time what appears to have been a clerical error regarding my concealed carry license resulted in my arrest. The facts are clear and supported by documents which I have shared with the Chicago Police Department: In August 2019, my concealed carry permit was renewed through August 2024. Upon receiving notice that concealed carry license was revoked because my Firearm Owners Identification Card (FOID) had expired I immediately renewed my FOID. The renewal was effective as of November 16. While I had no way of knowing, this renewal purportedly was not yet reflected in Chicago Police Department records. The department acknowledged that my FOID was valid as of November 16. This was two days prior to the traffic stop, indicating that the concealed carry license should also be valid. I fully expect this case will be resolved quickly and without incident.

Like many people in Chicago, I applied for a concealed carry license in order to keep myself and my daughter safe. I take considerable efforts to ensure that I am always in compliance with our states laws and following safe practices for handling a firearm. This commitment to stronger gun laws that promote responsible ownership is why I recently voted for the Fix the FOID Act, which cracks down on illegal gun sales, strengthens background checks and closes unnecessary loopholes. I look forward to continuing this work on behalf of our community and focusing efforts to prevent guns from getting into the wrong hands"...

Edited by InterestedBystander, 22 November 2019 - 12:34 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#29 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:31 PM

What a POS.

Another politician who thinks he's more important than we are.

Hypocrite

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#30 drumgod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:39 PM