Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#601 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:05 PM

That means one more for an even 2/3 of the state's counties. There really has to be a way this 2/3 supermajority can be capitalized on to do something to move the needle for the entire state towards the anti-firearm-confiscation side. I am talking legislatively, not just feel-good platitudes.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#602 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:00 PM

That means one more for an even 2/3 of the state's counties. There really has to be a way this 2/3 supermajority can be capitalized on to do something to move the needle for the entire state towards the anti-firearm-confiscation side. I am talking legislatively, not just feel-good platitudes.

Only way is to replace current state government with one where one house is representative of local government and not population.

The way the state government is setup it is impossible not have a majority biased representation by Chicago Democrats.

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#603 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:39 PM

Anyone here from Rock Island County? They could use your help:

https://wqad.com/201...sary-obstacles/
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#604 jkdkaliman101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:53 PM

Anyone have any updates on Will county? I know they failed to pass a resolution at one point but is it dead in the water?
‘’in a crisis we will not rise to our expectations, but fall to our level of training’’ -Paul Vunak

"Make the best of every moment for today's moments are tomorrows memories."

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me I'll always be in your mind." William Shakespeare

Obey Acts 2:38!

#605 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

Grundy Co will have a referendum question on the Nov 2020 ballot.

http://www.wcsjnews....1b07f6f5b7.html

Shall Grundy County oppose the passage of any bill where the Illinois General Assembly desires to restrict the individual right of United States citizens as protected by the second amendment?

#606 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:54 PM

Grundy Co will have a referendum question on the Nov 2020 ballot.

http://www.wcsjnews....1b07f6f5b7.html

Shall Grundy County oppose the passage of any bill where the Illinois General Assembly desires to restrict the individual right of United States citizens as protected by the second amendment?[/size]

If that is question, then that is not same as sanctuary referendum. That is actually weak stance. Chicago Dems are going to be laughing, oh no Grundy county does not like our gun bill...

Even if that passes, still don't feel they should be considered a sanctuary county.
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#607 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 5,401 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 PM

The gun county sanctuary movement is spreading across the country. Was Illinois first to do this?
Have all boated who fish?

#608 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 5,401 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 PM

Nevermind, just saw the other thread.

#609 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:06 PM

If that is question, then that is not same as sanctuary referendum. That is actually weak stance. Chicago Dems are going to be laughing, oh no Grundy county does not like our gun bill...

Even if that passes, still don't feel they should be considered a sanctuary county.

If you went to the link and listened, that's not the wording they're using.  It's just an example.

And I'd like to see the Chicago Dem's come here and laugh in the Sheriff's face and see how that goes for them.

They've never, ever shown up here in any meaningful capacity that I'm aware of in my 50 plus years and my family has been heavily involved in this county politically since 1929.  Most of that time we had Dem sheriff's and they never put up with outsider's **** either.

I actually have nothing to do with what will be on the ballot as of right now now, but I can talk to the Co Board Chairman anytime I'd like. 

How exactly would you like me to tell him how you'd like it worded best?  This is going on the 2020 general election ballot.  Something more than a cpl sentences won't work.

It's all symbolic and meaningless to me anyways.  The sheriff doesn't have to do what the resolution says and he can do the same without one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users