Current FOID wait times...

SCARLETfrost

I'm jealous of you guys' response times!

I mailed my application (not renewal) in on Jan. 17th, they cashed the check on the 20th, I'm still waiting :whistle:

I called my rep, the aide took all my info and told me their current wait time is 50 days, clearly you guys are beating their wait time by a lot.

Your Rep's aid told you 50 days? You may want to remind your Representative (aka elected official) that IL law says 30 days from the date of receipt of the application.

I'm jealous of you guys' response times!

I mailed my application (not renewal) in on Jan. 17th, they cashed the check on the 20th, I'm still waiting :thumbsup:

I called my rep, the aide took all my info and told me their current wait time is 50 days, clearly you guys are beating their wait time by a lot.

Your Rep's aid told you 50 days? You may want to remind your Representative (aka elected official) that IL law says 30 days from the date of receipt of the application.

Yes, she told me the current wait time was 50 days, and said something about that it said 50 days on my application, I corrected her and told her my application said 30 days and that it was my understanding that I should hear the yay or nay within 30 days, that's when she took my information and promised to check on it for me, she did sound exasperated at that point. I didn't read too much into it, I figured she doesn't like being on hold with the ISP either.

Mailed my application today - should go out tomorrow with the mail.

Had to send copies of out of state DL and military ID (plus orders) to augment my application. Hope this does not slow them up too much...gotta drive through some extra hoops since I don't have a IL DL.

Oh well...can't wait to see this silly card!

Considering it took 17 days from when I mailed my renewal to when they cashed my check, I am not expecting to see my new card before the end of March.

But, on the 31st day I will be in touch with my state senator. :Drunk emoticon:

It was in the mail today.

27 days from when I mailed my renewal (regular mail) and only 11 days from when my check was cashed.

The inconsistency of the wait times is enough to make you crazy. :no:

• 2 weeks later...

45 days after they cashed our check The Mrs. Received her FOID card.

Did you call anyone?

I inquired via the ISP web contact page three days before it came but never received a reply. I e-mailed my Rep and he looked into it but that was the day before it came so I doubt he made a difference…

My wife sent her apply on 12-18,check was cashed on 12-22. Regular mail. Her card was in the mail today.

In my few years of paying close attention to reports of issuance times, it seems that ladies get their cards much more quickly than men.

Lady at work just got hers - she says it was 3 weeks. (another recent convert BTW :) )

My friend just called the ISP and they rudely told him "you shouldn't even be calling us if its not past 50 days". Outrageous!

I am writing my rep and maybe I will call them up myself and let them know their own site says 30 days.

My friend just called the ISP and they rudely told him "you shouldn't even be calling us if its not past 50 days". Outrageous!

I am writing my rep and maybe I will call them up myself and let them know their own site says 30 days.

To heck with what their site says, the LAW says 30 days!

That's what I wrote to my rep. The law and their FAQ says thirty (30) days. He's new to getting his FOID so he just quietly said OK and hung up. Had I been on the phone I would have went nuts. ********.

Update: Friend is still waiting on his card. Called again and was told the exact same thing. He called 27 days after they cashed his check, and now it's on the 30 day mark.

Other than writing my rep what is an effective means of communicating my anger over this pathetic excuse for turn around time?

Update: Friend is still waiting on his card. Called again and was told the exact same thing. He called 27 days after they cashed his check, and now it's on the 30 day mark.

Other than writing my rep what is an effective means of communicating my anger over this pathetic excuse for turn around time?

I'd be a royal pain in the a$$ and call my rep. each and every day, starting on day 30.

Have your friend send his information, name, address, date of application, date check cashed, etc to Todd Vandermyde. When he has time, Todd will check on it for him. He'll have it in a week unless he's got a valid reason not to (felony, domestic charges, etc.) Make sure your friend understands that Todd is the lobbyist for the NRA and if you and your friend are not members of the NRA, you ought to consider it. If you are members, a modest donation to the NRA-ILA might be in order.

Don't waste time calling the FOID site, all it does is raise your BP. Have your friend call his rep and politely explain what is going on. Who's your friend's rep/where is he located?? If he's friendly to 2A issues, it might be as quick to call the rep.

Notice I said CALL the rep. Personal conversation is always better in that case.

Either way, he'll get his card.

AB

I had an NRA membership a few years ago, but when it expired I was unemployed. It's on the to do list. I am an ISRA member though. Perhaps I will look into membership for a lifetime in the NRA this time.

He is in Frankfort IL, Will County. To the best of my knowledge it's a 2A friendly area; at least the County is. I will talk to him this weekend.

Thanks for the info.

I had an NRA membership a few years ago, but when it expired I was unemployed. It's on the to do list. I am an ISRA member though. Perhaps I will look into membership for a lifetime in the NRA this time.

He is in Frankfort IL, Will County. To the best of my knowledge it's a 2A friendly area; at least the County is. I will talk to him this weekend.

Thanks for the info.

Looking at the maps, he is probably in the 81st, Renee' Kosel's district. She was a yes for HB148 last year as were both the other reps that share Will county. Have him give her office a call tomorrow and see how that goes, if no satisfaction, move on to Todd.

Tim

Archived