Kavanaugh vote today

THE KING

This will never end unless the Republicans grow a pair and tell them NO means NO! Looks like little kids begging for candy until blue in the face. If they do this "week" long investigation and they don't stick to it to the minute, they are allowing the kids to finally get their candy.

Oh, you can bet they want a week to come up with more mud to sling on Kavenaugh.

Flake = Mark Kirk?

RINO!

Trying to figure that out. It appeared to me that the Dems were going to delay the vote by not providing a Quorum. TO vote, need 9 members of which at least 2 are minority side. Looked like they all were not going to return as a delay strategy. Considering how confused the Dems were on exactly what Flake was proposing to them outside the committee (I think most thought he meant that he would move to delay the committee vote for 1 week), just to get them in. Witness how they did NOT convene on time, and for quite some time after restart time, no Dems. Suddenly when they did start to return gavel goes down to count a quorum. Now, he can still ask Senate Leadership to delay, but that will depend on whether Mitch thinks he can get enough votes even without Flake for a yes. AND, Flake plays to some moderate voters and the feminists etc in his home state, with this. So, it COULD be pure political maneuvering. Get them in, vote to move to Senate, then oops, out of time, end of discussion.

I'm pretty sure everyone sees it for what it is.

I think what people are shocked about is that the Democrats are actually fighting back. That is rare.....because usually they just roll over and take it.

Garland was delayed indefinitely by Republicans....who won the WH and replaced Scalia with Gorsuch.

Why is anyone shocked to see Democrats attempt the same thing? Delay Kavenaugh and hope to get a hold of the Senate? Especially on the crucial swing vote.

Democrats won't "say" it"....but it is obvious.

Welcome to politics today......

If the roles were reversed, the same thing would be happening.

Hmmmm, the FBI has conducted six separate background checks on Kavanaugh with absolutely no sniff of anything, ANYTHING, even remotely close to any of this. But NOW we need to wait for ”the Vaunted FBI” to do another investigation. Question for them Dems — if you DO NOT BELIEVE the FBI why do you want them to do an investigation?? Do you feel ALL of the other checks were in error? And, if they got ALL those wrong why do you want another by the same agency? If you believe the FBI then the six background checks that found absolutely NOTHING are credible — no?

Oh, it's transparent to anyone with a functioning OBJECTIVE brain why the Dems want it. Delay, delay, have him take more smears until he quits, or if they take a majority in midterms, thus until Jan...

During an FBI investigation, they would question and take sworn statements from alleged individuals involved. This is the exact same thing as making a sworn statement at a committee meeting. The very fact that they were there means they had a "shortcut through the BS" process to get sworn statements at those very moments from the individuals allegedly involved. Cybermgk is exactly correct that they don't give a damn about an investigation, a resolution, etc. All they care about is delaying the confirmation vote until after the mid-terms so that they could block the nominee assuming a Democratically controlled house.

When Kavanaugh is confirmed, you won't hear a peep about Ford as the Dems will no longer care about her as she was only used as a prop in the "We must do everything to stop Kavanaugh" campaign.

Statements aren't useful evidence in any meaningful way, because they don't allow cross examination. That's why sworn statements are basically ignored in most court settings, and why any lawyer worth their weight in salt will demand a subpoena be issued instead.

Hmmmm, the FBI has conducted six separate background checks on Kavanaugh with absolutely no sniff of anything, ANYTHING, even remotely close to any of this. But NOW we need to wait for the Vaunted FBI to do another investigation. Question for them Dems if you DO NOT BELIEVE the FBI why do you want them to do an investigation?? Do you feel ALL of the other checks were in error? And, if they got ALL those wrong why do you want another by the same agency? If you believe the FBI then the six background checks that found absolutely NOTHING are credible no?

Oh, it's transparent to anyone with a functioning OBJECTIVE brain why the Dems want it. Delay, delay, have him take more smears until he quits, or if they take a majority in midterms, thus until Jan...

During an FBI investigation, they would question and take sworn statements from alleged individuals involved. This is the exact same thing as making a sworn statement at a committee meeting. The very fact that they were there means they had a "shortcut through the BS" process to get sworn statements at those very moments from the individuals allegedly involved. Cybermgk is exactly correct that they don't give a damn about an investigation, a resolution, etc. All they care about is delaying the confirmation vote until after the mid-terms so that they could block the nominee assuming a Democratically controlled house.

When Kavanaugh is confirmed, you won't hear a peep about Ford as the Dems will no longer care about her as she was only used as a prop in the "We must do everything to stop Kavanaugh" campaign.

Statements aren't useful evidence in any meaningful way, because they don't allow cross examination. That's why sworn statements are basically ignored in most court settings, and why any lawyer worth their weight in salt will demand a subpoena be issued instead.

Best case scenario from the R's perspective is that Kavanaugh's friend refuses to speak to the FBI, then the D's start screaming that they must reopen the Judiciary Committee hearings, or the Senate conduct hearings, in order to subpeona him to appear to testify.

In reality, that ... + a lot more manufactured character assassinations.

Personally, I think Dr. Ford's testimony was truthful. I also believe Judge Kavanaugh is truthful in stating the man he is today, however I don't feel he has been as truthful regarding the boy he was at age 15. That Said, something that happened 36 years ago shouldn't affect your life today, if you have been 100 percent honest and truthful in your testimony. It's the "Lie" that will get you.

Personally, I think Dr. Ford's testimony was truthful. I also believe Judge Kavanaugh is truthful in stating the man he is today, however I don't feel he has been as truthful regarding the boy he was at age 15. That Said, something that happened 36 years ago shouldn't affect your life today, if you have been 100 percent honest and truthful in your testimony. It's the "Lie" that will get you.

Um, she contradicted herself within her testimony, contradicted prior statements, the definition of not truthful.

Um, she contradicted herself within her testimony, contradicted prior statements, the definition of not truthful.

Lied about: number of people at party; number of boys in room; being afraid of flying; Kavanaugh drinking before going to the party ... and more.

I think Flake actually pulled a fast one, lol. FBI investigation will change nothing in my opinion, since all of the testimony will be the same, otherwise if anything changes they risk prison for perjury.

It's not about the FBI investigation or finding anything.

What this is about is what it has always been about. Delay until fter the election and hope majorities swap.

What they want is the FBI to interview 6 or more people so they can then fight that they each need to be subpoenaed for committee investigative purposes and then it gets so close to the election they start throwing tantrums the vote should hold off until after the election.

Looks like another week...............Sen. Flake flaked and is calling for a 1 week at the most investigation.

No, that is not what he called. The committee voted and Kavanaugh has been passed to the Senate floor. Flake made a non-binding, 'gentlemen's agreement' to push for a delay on the FLOOR vote, to Mitch McConnell and the President for a limited scope timeframe FBI investigation, else he would vote no on the floor. BUT, he has no control over whether that will happen or not.

Looks like another week...............Sen. Flake flaked and is calling for a 1 week at the most investigation.

No, that is not what he called. The committee voted and Kavanaugh has been passed to the Senate floor. Flake made a non-binding, 'gentlemen's agreement' to push for a delay on the FLOOR vote, to Mitch McConnell and the President for a limited scope timeframe FBI investigation, else he would vote no on the floor. BUT, he has no control over whether that will happen or not.

Problem is now the AR Senator has stated the same that was a vote they could not lose so Dems get their way with tantrums again.

We have to remember these tactics.... no nevermind, because we would be arrested and charged with felonies to remove our 2A right if we acted in their footsteps

I think Flake actually pulled a fast one, lol. FBI investigation will change nothing in my opinion, since all of the testimony will be the same, otherwise if anything changes they risk prison for perjury.

What this is about is what it has always been about. Delay until fter the election and hope majorities swap.

What they want is the FBI to interview 6 or more people so they can then fight that they each need to be subpoenaed for committee investigative purposes and then it gets so close to the election they start throwing tantrums the vote should hold off until after the election.

Again, it is out of the committees hands, They passed 11/10 t send to the floor. Flake was telling Dems he will push for senate floor vote delay, of which he has no real authority to force.

Again, it is out of the committees hands, They passed 11/10 t send to the floor. Flake was telling Dems he will push for senate floor vote delay, of which he has no real authority to force.

They no longer have the floor votes without it.

They should schedule the floor vote for Thursday and give a 3 day FBI investigation per their request as Bush did.

They said no longer than a week and limited scope.

Limit that scope to Ford and Ford only as that is the basis of their request.

Please tell me what an FBI investigation is going to prove. All of the named witnesses have said they either were not there , did not know BK , did not see Ford and BK at same party , etc , etc...... Ford can not remember what day it happened , where it happened , or even for sure what month it happened.

So please tell me how the FBI can do any investigating to prove anything .

Please tell me what an FBI investigation is going to prove. All of the named witnesses have said they either were not there , did not know BK , did not see Ford and BK at same party , etc , etc...... Ford can not remember what day it happened , where it happened , or even for sure what month it happened.

So please tell me how the FBI can do any investigating to prove anything .

It will prove that the Dems somehow still run the show. Flake basically pulled a McCain on the ACA repeal, only Flake managed to pull votes away from the floor before it got to the floor.

They should give 3 days and to Ford and proceed with the vote next Thursday as they have already investigated the parties under oath.

Mondays is Oct. 1st. 37 days from eleelction day. They are chipping away one week at a time.

They no longer have the floor votes without it.

They should schedule the floor vote for Thursday and give a 3 day FBI investigation per their request as Bush did.

They said no longer than a week and limited scope.

Limit that scope to Ford and Ford only as that is the basis of their request.

THey may not have the floor votes. I don't know, there are also 5 Dems up for reelection in mid terms in VERY red states that may need to vote yes on Kavanaugh, so it depends on how many Flake takes with him on Republican side.

Lied about: number of people at party; number of boys in room; being afraid of flying; Kavanaugh drinking before going to the party ... and more.

Then why NOT support the FBI investigation? Let the FBI provide the findings so that the Senate can either elevate the Judge to the highest court and clear his good name or not? Let the truth come out! Seems the norm these to days to interfere/ disrupt investigations, instead of letting them uncover the true facts.

Why are people mad at Flake?

He voted "Yes" at committee. That is huge for Republicans.

If he would have voted "No", that would have been a disaster for Republicans as that would have given every red state Democrat plenty of cover to vote "No" if Kavanaugh would have been pushed through to a floor vote anyway. Plus, that would have made Flake a likely "No" on a floor vote which would made it easier for Collins and Murkowski to vote "No". Kav would have failed 48-52.

A couple of the potential d votes have already stated they are a no. Flake is a no without investigation and the Arkansas senator as well. The 2 undecided R's are likely to side with Flake so their is 4 R votes. Munchin wouldn't even need to vote at that point and run on he neither voted for or against.

Just to clarify, I believe you are referencing Lisa Murkowski - R Alaska...not the Arkansas senator. Alaska's letter code is AK where as Arkansas is AR.

https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status/1045742728443760640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Archived