Renewal Process - GSL

Craigcelia

What's wrong with the Walmart thread?

(3) during the range firing portion of testing fails to hit the target with 70% of the rounds fired.
How can you be sure that 9 or less went through the hole, and the rest of the shots actually hit the target?

Nothing is wrong with the Walmart thread.

Simply put, it's just common sense when you are looking at the target. If I have a blown out center, and no holes scattered throughout, I can only assume they shot all through. The other option would be to tell that person to scatter his or her shots on purpose, and that makes no sense to me.

Up to 5 weeks now since I renewed, and still "Under Review". Would I be notified by the ISP if they found something of concern in my renewal, or would I just remain in this status until the issue is somehow resolved? I don't want to get paranoid, but........

Has anyone actually received their renewal yet? I heard when they issue the new permit the date of expiration will be 5 years from the processing date and not the the previous expiration so you lose some months if you renew early. Any truth to that? I wouldn’t be surprised. So are you better off waiting til the last week or so before renewing? A receipt of renewal keeps your current permit active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my renewal card this past Friday, the 11th. Took about 5-6 weeks, no fingerprints. The odd thing is yesterday I received a new FOID card with the same number and expiration date in 2020. Physically the card is different in that is has what appears to be some anti-duplication coating. The card was attached to a sheet containing the new FOID laws re: transfer, etc. I did not apply for a new FOID.

I received my renewal card this past Friday, the 11th. Took about 5-6 weeks, no fingerprints. The odd thing is yesterday I received a new FOID card with the same number and expiration date in 2020. Physically the card is different in that is has what appears to be some anti-duplication coating. The card was attached to a sheet containing the new FOID laws re: transfer, etc. I did not apply for a new FOID.

NEW ccl, get a NEW foid. Use the old one for target practice.

If your FOID number and CCL number did not match prior to renewing your CCL, you are issued a new FOID card along with your CCL card with matching numbers. Your FOID expiration date remains unchanged.

Has anyone actually received their renewal yet? I heard when they issue the new permit the date of expiration will be 5 years from the processing date and not the the previous expiration so you lose some months if you renew early. Any truth to that? I wouldn’t be surprised. So are you better off waiting til the last week or so before renewing? A receipt of renewal keeps your current permit active. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your CCL renewal expiration date = processing date, as you describe.

Has anyone actually received their renewal yet? I heard when they issue the new permit the date of expiration will be 5 years from the processing date and not the the previous expiration so you lose some months if you renew early. Any truth to that? I wouldn’t be surprised. So are you better off waiting til the last week or so before renewing? A receipt of renewal keeps your current permit active. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your CCL renewal expiration date = processing date, as you describe.

Ok thanks. So if my current card doesn’t expire until March 15, no point renewing now and paying to screw me out of a few months. I think I’ll wait til March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived