Another victim of the dealer licensing act

Patriots & Tyrants

Come on guys... Clinton and Obama have nothing to do with Illinois Dealer Licensing.

Their time has long passed.

It's Trumps turn now.

Back of topic...

I posted my general thoughts about this situation on Facebook yesterday.

Only love so far.

If the new Illinois Gun Dealer Licensing law was intended to put Illinois based FFLs (Federal Firearms Licensees) out of business... it seems to be working. Numerous small shops in Illinois are closing their doors before the onerous new regulations take effect. Others are relocating to neighboring states. This includes FFLs who only repair and refinish guns and do not sell them.

Bargains may be found at some of these shops while they liquidate inventory before July 13. If you dont have an FOID card already... dont bother looking for these going out of business bargains. Current wait times seem to be in excess of 90 days for a new FOID, which allows you to purchase guns and ammo subject only to all federal and state laws. In addition, every FOID card is run through the Illinois database EVERY DAY. Yes... we go through a background check EVERY DAY.

You would think this makes Illinois the safest gun state in the US. It does not... and the silly redundant Illinois Dealer License will not add a layer of security.

Illinois, my Home Sweet Silly Home!

*If you disagree with the thought of owning or using guns and are still curious... drop me a private note and we can do some basic safety and handling training and go target shooting. A working knowledge of firearms is a really good thing to have... and yet its not for everyone.

Facts and outreach. Nice post :)

I'm waiting for the state to start confiscating all private assets over 1 months salary. People don't need savings or any other form of Investments, the state will care for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unless you're a state government pensioner. Then you will be exempt. Why don't they just task state police with the armed robbery I mean asset seizure of "rich" people. Bust in and take artwork, cars, whatever. Auction it off to some clowns in NYC or LA. Oh wait, that's what the Nazis and Japanese did, except hoarded it.

JB the Hutt slipped up when he was talking about how all of this revenue wi be "used." He said something like "this will help us rebuild Chicago's errr Illinois' crumblimg infrastructure...."

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

That is why I surrendered my FFL at the last compliance check. I even told the BATF agent I'd much rather the Fed's have my records than the state of Illinois. He told me many of the small dealers were going out of business. But then we all knew that already.

• 2 weeks later...

Would like the link or info on the "economists" and their projections as I would enjoy having one more example of how the legislature is screwing us and the state in general.

Any and all talking points are helpful...

Not exactly a link to formal projections, but a talking point ...

Governor Pritzker remarks after signing a $40 billion spending bill into law on June 5, 2019: We achieved something that has eluded state government for decades, we passed a real balanced budget ... Just a few years ago, simply passing a budget was considered nearly impossible, and for years before that, the budget included gimmicks and tricks and was balanced in name only. Those days are over.

So without gimmicks and tricks, why do they need to increase income taxes on the rich to balance a budget that is already balanced without any income tax increase?

Wait, wasn't the lottery supposed to do that?

In 1969, Richard "the Governor with guts" Ogilvie gave Illinois an income tax where there was none before.

That gutsy move cost him the 1972 election to Dan "the Peoples Man" Walker, who expanded horse racing, created the Illinois Lottery, raised the sales tax, and legalized bingo.

By the time "Big Jim" Thompson took over in 1977, they were out of money again.

There is NEVER ENOUGH of your money for them to spend.

-

In 1990, the Democratic Congress forced George "read my lips" Bush to sign the (then) largest ever deficit reduction bill, among its many terms were:

- the income tax rate on individuals making over $50,000 was increased

- the wage base for Medicare was increased from $51,300 to $125,000

- a 10% tax was placed on boats, planes, furs, jewelry, and autos over $30,000

- the cigarette tax was raised from 16 to 24 cents a pack

- the federal tax on telephone calls was made permanent

- the tax on airline tickets went up from 8% to 10%

- the alcohol tax on hard liquor rose by $1 a gallon, and doubled on beer

- the gasoline tax was increased from 9 to 14 cents a gallon

- and SPENDING WAS TO BE REDUCED by $20 billion

That was in 1990 when the deficit was $221 billion. By 1993, the increased taxes and reduced spending "lowered" the deficit to $327 billion.

Less than three years later, the Democratic Congress and President Bill "I will not raise taxes on the Middle Class" Clinton passed an even larger tax increase to reduce the deficit.

So very true! Who remember the Toll Free in â73 lie? An archived summary of the half-century Illinois Tollway scam is archived here, as the original story mysteriously does not load

https://web.archive.org/web/20180516022544/https://abc7chicago.com/archive/8327185/

Edit: Sometimes the original link works for me, sometimes it does not. Here it is:

https://abc7chicago.com/archive/8327185/

So very true! Who remember the Toll Free in â73 lie? An archived summary of the half-century Illinois Tollway scam is archived here, as the original story mysteriously does not load

Until 2012, the Illinois Tollway actually had the following on their Web site: A promise was made that once the bonds used to build the original 187 miles of the Illinois Tollway were paid off, the roads would become freeways. The promise was well-intentioned, but shortsighted. Tolls are necessary to cover the costs of ...

Until 2012, the Illinois Tollway actually had the following on their Web site...

Slight correction, it was taken down in 2013 after the Associated Press ran an article that mentioned the "well-intentioned, but shortsighted" promise.

You can see part of that AP article at: https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2013/0829/Tollway-scofflaws-list-is-virtual-wall-of-shame-for-Ill.-companies

That being said, you can see the "well-intentioned, but shortsighted" promise in the last five paragraphs at the bottom of: http://cisco.org/wp-content/pdf/TollwayPublicHearings-2011.pdf

My local West Chicago FFL guy that worked out of his family room is closing up shop.

I received that notice yesterday too. Hate to see him go.

The FFL I had been using for years closed up shop about a year ago, and I just completed 2 transfers through the same guy you both were using. Time to find yet another FFL smh.

It's too bad.....it's hard to find an FFL that I trust. Most of the guns I buy now are in the 2K + range.

My local West Chicago FFL guy that worked out of his family room is closing up shop.

The FFL I had been using for years closed up shop about a year ago, and I just completed 2 transfers through the same guy you both were using. Time to find yet another FFL smh.

It's too bad.....it's hard to find an FFL that I trust. Most of the guns I buy now are in the 2K + range.

Personally, I'm not going to bother looking in Illinois. Typing from Tennessee right now on my way to the Carolinas to house/ neighborhood shop. Did the fireworks in Knoxville last night. What a change. Huge crowd of people, all of which were terribly polite. They fall over themselves to apologize if they bump one another. My kind of people here who care for and respect each other. I haven't seen or felt this freedom since I was a child.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180516022544/https://abc7chicago.com/archive/8327185/

Edit: Sometimes the original link works for me, sometimes it does not. Here it is:

https://abc7chicago.com/archive/8327185/

Tolls were supposed to pay for schools. That didn't go so well.

Tolls were supposed to pay for schools. That didn't go so well.

So was the lottery, but once those revenue streams kicked in they cut and diverted other schoold funding revenue streams so schools gained nothing at the end of the day but the cronies piggy banks grew.

But, in true Illinois fashion people swallow it up and keep voting for the same people over and over again and fall for the same tricks over and over.

Check out Gunguyonline.com. Hes in Naperville. $25 transfer fees last I checked. I've done about half a dozen transactions with him, both transfers and purchases through him. Great guy to deal with, and prices that beat LGS. I work with him all through email, rather than his website.

Check out Gunguyonline.com. Hes in Naperville. $25 transfer fees last I checked. I've done about half a dozen transactions with him, both transfers and purchases through him. Great guy to deal with, and prices that beat LGS. I work with him all through email, rather than his website.

$29.99 per website. https://www.gunguyonline.com/index.php?cPath=83

Archived