Photo

Read before FOID/CCL Renewal PLUS Address Change - getting locked out of the system

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,765 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:58 AM

The idea of waiting to make the change at the time of renewal is for those who are near the time of renewal. I would suggest, if the renewal is due within 8 months, to wait.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#32 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,765 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:49 AM

I also am in the same boat as I only read the first couple of lines in the pop-up and went ahead and changed my address for my CCL. All I received in the mail was my FOID and it has my new address and my address has been changed online. I didn't receive my CCL. Logged into the state police website and my CCL says Pending.. It doesn't expire until 4/11/2020 I have tried calling them about a 100 times and every time the line is busy and I get the recording and then it hangs up on me..

Is there anything I can do? Will I be able to renew once I am within the 90 days? I took the 3 hour renewal course and have my certificate in hand but am not seeing the renewal button on the website when I login..

If the renewal button does not appear by Jan. 15, let me know.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users