ICHV still fighting fanny pack carry

ckmorley

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120304/news/703049891/

from the article:

Colleen Daley, executive director of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence, says this section of the law applies only to the transportation of firearms, not carrying them around.

“That's legal transportation of a firearm if (for example) they're going to go hunting,” Daley said. “Obviously, there has to be a way that people can go and do that.”

Richard Pearson, executive director of the Illinois Rifle Association, agrees with Marks' interpretation but says the law is too confusing.

“We certainly don't advise people to challenge this because you're going to get arrested in certain jurisdictions,” Pearson said, adding that towns in southern Illinois are more friendly. “What needs to happen is we actually just need to pass concealed carry and be done with it.”

Illinois is the only state that does not have a conceal carry law.

I guess we can't expect a member of the DALEY family to heed the past, if it interferes with the hate-mongering ways of that clan.

I thought this was all decided years ago. We've had numerous court cases (including my own in Cook County) dismissed.

We have everything from Bruner to Diggins back up our interpretation of the law.

ICHV is as bad as the Brady's. They don't know when they've lost and should go away.

Please discuss.

I'm going to the range tomorrow to practice with my conceal and carry guns, including my new AR15 nine millimeter pistol, which I can carry, loaded, under Wisconsin's enlightened laws.

ckmorley

post-133-133134163044.png

CK

Did you ever get your defensive firearm back after the dismissal of your charges?

Gooch

Nope. I would've had to fight it in the Appealate Court. A lot more money than I had or have.

I've bought a replacement however.

I've never carried the AR pistol. I just bought it and its more of a car gun. I just like the fact that I could carry it if I wanted to.

ckmorley

Archived