President Barack Obama

burningspear

IMO anyone wishing Obma to be a success wants us to have national health care, complete disarmament of the civilian population, "spreading" the wealth from those who are self reliant to those who aren't, eventual restrictions on how we can use our vehicles, higher taxes for fuels, using MY tax money for embryonic stem cell research and free abortions for all, total restrictions on hunting, possibly a limit on the amount of beef we can buy (or high taxes to discourage consumption of beef). I could keep going, but you get the message.

What I wish for Obama and the two clowns who run the congress is complete gridlock form day one. I wish for a breakdown of their ability to further restrict our freedoms, be it via taxes, gun bans, or whatever. I wish that enough Americans wake up so we start to elect honest capable people who understand and believe in the Constitution.

IMO anyone wishing Obma to be a success wants us to have national health care, complete disarmament of the civilian population, "spreading" the wealth from those who are self reliant to those who aren't, eventual restrictions on how we can use our vehicles, higher taxes for fuels, using MY tax money for embryonic stem cell research and free abortions for all, total restrictions on hunting, possibly a limit on the amount of beef we can buy (or high taxes to discourage consumption of beef). I could keep going, but you get the message.

What I wish for Obama and the two clowns who run the congress is complete gridlock form day one. I wish for a breakdown of their ability to further restrict our freedoms, be it via taxes, gun bans, or whatever. I wish that enough Americans wake up so we start to elect honest capable people who understand and believe in the Constitution.

There is a big difference between congratulations and wishing someone well and endorsement of a person's position on issues and policies. For example, I support national open, concealed carry. I oppose the the so-called Assault Weapons ban. I believe the FOID system has not accomplished its purpose and should be abolished. Cook County's gun ordinances do not prevent violent crimes. Chicago and Oak Park's firearm bans are unconstitutional and don't reduce violent crimes. Illinois should have LTC similar to Missouri's or Indiana's. I am certain President Obama strenuously disagrees with all of these positions. Nonetheless, I wish him well.

I wish him well in that I don't wish him any physical harm.

I do NOT wish him well in his policies and beliefs... :)

I congratulate President Barack Obama on his victory. I wish him well.

I agree, and will watch the inauguration and speech.

I wish him well ... not for initiatives that I disagree with or are unconstitutional, but I wish him well in general.

:thumbsup:

I HOPE for a CHANGE in four years.

Huzzah for Bush pardoning cops for a change!!!

Now about the Border Patrol letting an illegal alien take the oath of office today ...

Well, Barry, Barack, who ever the heck your alias is today, good luck!!!

So much time, so little Bourbon, mabe this is a good time to start that pipeline to Knob CreeK Distillery...

Colonel.....

I wish our country well as always.

I wish our great-children much personal wealth to help pay off all the loans these bailouts and future handouts will require them to bear.

I wish ALL the Supreme Court Justices at least 8 more years of life.

Beyond that I think the new President is a tried, true and highly skilled Chicago politician. For the better and the worse.

And as always my hope (never yet realized) is that the new President will realize that he is NOT the Black President, or the Democrat President, he is the sole President of the whole United States and will act in ALL our benefits. Ya'....good luck wit dat. lol

Well ... he bungled the Oath of Office something terribly, but then came back and gave a truly great speech.

Now I can only hope he can chart a course that is true to those words. He used some strong language regarding the wisdom and ideals of the founders, and for the constitution.

A few of those statements from Obama today:

At these moments, America has carried on not simply because of the skill or vision of those in high office, but because We the People have remained faithful to the ideals of our forbearers, and true to our founding documents.

So it has been. So it must be with this generation of Americans.

---

As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our Founding Fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake.

Now I can only hope he can chart a course that is true to those words. Strong language regarding the wisdom and ideals of the founders, and for the constitution.

But that's the same dog and pony show all of our elected officials perform. I was practically gritting my teeth as he espoused the sanctity of the Bill of Rights and the great accomplishments of the founding fathers.

Strong language does not a good Presidency make.

The irony and hypocrisy was overwhelming to me, and this goes for all recent Presidents, not just Obama. He stood at the podium championing personal liberty, dignity, and accountability in a city that criminalizes citizens who keep a firearm in operational readiness inside their private dwellings (a policy that Obama tacitly endorsed by not co-signing the Senate's amicus brief and explicitly endorsed at one point).

The same man who just said this:

As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our Founding Fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake.

Also says this:

Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

I congratulate President Barack Obama on his victory. I wish him well.

I agree, and will watch the inauguration and speech.

I wish him well ... not for initiatives that I disagree with or are unconstitutional, but I wish him well in general.

Agrees

Well ... he bungled the Oath of Office something terribly, but then came back and gave a truly great speech.

Just watched the video. The first bungle was Obama's (who rushed to repeat Roberts), but the second and more serious one was Roberts, who screwed up the oath that he was reciting from memory. That's why Obama stopped ...

Archived