Does anyone know anything about Randy Hultgren?

Jonnie Knuckles

Does anyone have any personal experiences or knowledge of Rep. Randy Hultgren ® 14th District or Senator Chris Lauzen ® of the 25th?

I'm moving to Kane County in a few weeks and figured I'd try to get a heads up on who will be fighting for my rights (or opposing them) as an Illinois firearms owner. ;)

I've already "Googled" him as well, but just looking for any information outside of the usual sites.

Any info on people running against him would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!

-Johnny

Lauzen is on our side but I don't think he's running for the state senate again. Hultgren is our representative in DC and I'm pretty sure he voted in favor of the reciprocity act a few months ago. I also live in Kane county, Pingree Grove. Our state rep Tim Schmitz in Springfield is very much on our side.

Lauzen is on our side but I don't think he's running for the state senate again. Hultgren is our representative in DC and I'm pretty sure he voted in favor of the reciprocity act a few months ago. I also live in Kane county, Pingree Grove. Our state rep Tim Schmitz in Springfield is very much on our side.

Tim will also be my State rep. That's good to hear!

I've been googling all morning so far and like what I'm reading for the most part. I'm liking this 14th district already!

I got a townhouse near ECC in South Elgin that i will be taking ownership of in the middle of April. Howdy neighbor! ;)

I don't know much about Hultgren, but Tim Schmitz and Chriz Lauzen have been very responsive whenever I have contacted them.

Lauzen just won the Rep primary for Kane County Commissioner - he's done with state politics.

Do we know who's going to be running in his place?

I don't know much about Hultgren, but Tim Schmitz and Chriz Lauzen have been very responsive whenever I have contacted them.

Lauzen just won the Rep primary for Kane County Commissioner - he's done with state politics.

Do we know who's going to be running in his place?

I think a guy named Surges whose webpage, if I remember correctly, states strong support for carry.

Okay, looks like Surges is out after the recent primary. Running for senate is Karen McConnaughay. She has the NRA as one of her Likes on Facebook. So I reckon she's good to go.

I sent her a short message via Facebook asking where she stands. I'll let you all know what she says.

Okay, looks like Surges is out after the recent primary. Running for senate is Karen McConnaughay. She has the NRA as one of her Likes on Facebook. So I reckon she's good to go.

I sent her a short message via Facebook asking where she stands. I'll let you all know what she says.

She's running for the 33rd. I will be in the 25th as far as i know.

Check out this thread for a list of the House and Senate candidates and their stance on RTC:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28573

Thanks, Lou.

Since Chris Lauzen is retiring from his senate post, I researched a bit and found that Oberweis, Slocum, and Richmond are all running for the republican nomination for the soon-to-be vacated seat.

I am an Elgin resident and I can tell you this. I was Cliff Surges campaign manager in the 33rd Senate District. Karen McConnaughay beat us in the recent Primary and is now unopposed in the General Election for the new 33rd Senate Dist.(unless the Democraes or Libertarians decide to slate someone). One thing I will say about Karen McConnaughay, is she is solid pro-2A and pro-concealed carry in Illinois. Although I certainly have many other problems with her, which is why I was opposed to her in the recent primary and actively worked for her defeat, I have no problem with her on gun issues.

Our State Rep is Tim Schmitz, who is another solidly pro-2A and pro-concealed carry. He is running unopposed in the primary and the general. Sen. Chris Lauzen is our current Senator, and he can be counted on as a solid pro-2A and pro-concealed carry. He did not run for re-election in the new 25th Senate Dist., instead he ran for Kane COunty Board Chairman, and he won the Republican primary. Lauzen has a Democrat opponent in the General, but this is Kane County and Lauzen will win the General. In the new 25th Senate Dist., the Republican candidate is Jim Oberweis, he is solidly pro-2A and pro-concealed carry, he does have an anti-2A democrat running against him in the General, but it is a solid GOP district and he will win easily.

Now to the Federal, I've known Cong. Randy Hultgren for over 20 years from back in my days in the DuPage GOP when he was on the County Board, then a State Rep and then State Senator. He is generally pro-2A, but it's always a good idea to keep the pressure on him. I personally have always felt he kind of goes with whatever the way the current wind is blowing, if you understand my meaning. He is pro-2A, but we have to keep an eye on him.

Based on where you will live, the 6th Cong. dist. takes up part of South Elgin, I have been redistricted into the 6th Dist. out of Hultgrens 14th, and I have also known Cong. Roskam for 20 years and he is as solid a pro-2A guy as you can get.

Hope that helps.

Chris Lauzen was my state Senator for the last 10 years - He's a true statesman, but is moving on to the Kane Co Board.

Randy Hultgren is solid too. I'm glad Walsh chose to go after Duckworth. I'd see Walsh at the gun events, and I'd see Randy at all the Tea Party events.

Both are strong supporters of our cause, I'd vote again for either. In fact, I'll be voting again for Hultgren. I'm Kendall, so I was not able to vote for Lauzen, but he all but trampled the incumbent in the primary.

My only problem with Hultgren is that I wrote him asking him to urge Daryl Issa to begin contempt proceeding on Eric Holder immediately for stonewalling with Fast & Furious, and I didn't hear back from him, but now he's hitting me up for money.

At least shmooze me with some nice sounding non-answer answer before asking for money OK?

I wrote Issa too, and I didn't hear back from him either but at least he's not asking for money.

I can't complain too much about Hultgren though.

I wish we could replace Dick in the Senate...

I am an Elgin resident and I can tell you this. I was Cliff Surges campaign manager in the 33rd Senate District. Karen McConnaughay beat us in the recent Primary and is now unopposed in the General Election for the new 33rd Senate Dist.(unless the Democraes or Libertarians decide to slate someone). One thing I will say about Karen McConnaughay, is she is solid pro-2A and pro-concealed carry in Illinois. Although I certainly have many other problems with her, which is why I was opposed to her in the recent primary and actively worked for her defeat, I have no problem with her on gun issues.

Our State Rep is Tim Schmitz, who is another solidly pro-2A and pro-concealed carry. He is running unopposed in the primary and the general. Sen. Chris Lauzen is our current Senator, and he can be counted on as a solid pro-2A and pro-concealed carry. He did not run for re-election in the new 25th Senate Dist., instead he ran for Kane COunty Board Chairman, and he won the Republican primary. Lauzen has a Democrat opponent in the General, but this is Kane County and Lauzen will win the General. In the new 25th Senate Dist., the Republican candidate is Jim Oberweis, he is solidly pro-2A and pro-concealed carry, he does have an anti-2A democrat running against him in the General, but it is a solid GOP district and he will win easily.

Now to the Federal, I've known Cong. Randy Hultgren for over 20 years from back in my days in the DuPage GOP when he was on the County Board, then a State Rep and then State Senator. He is generally pro-2A, but it's always a good idea to keep the pressure on him. I personally have always felt he kind of goes with whatever the way the current wind is blowing, if you understand my meaning. He is pro-2A, but we have to keep an eye on him.

Based on where you will live, the 6th Cong. dist. takes up part of South Elgin, I have been redistricted into the 6th Dist. out of Hultgrens 14th, and I have also known Cong. Roskam for 20 years and he is as solid a pro-2A guy as you can get.

Hope that helps.

Great info there thanks!

Archived