"Inspect Element" ?

JTHunter

Can be done under any version of Windows.

Go to your status, right click on the status, and select "inspect element"

There is a hidden status.

"QC_Verified" means that there is nothing wrong with your application in terms of data entry.

"Submitted" means you just submitted it, so this is initial status

"Approved" means you got it, you just need to wait for it.

This should work with any browser. Just right click on some part of the browser window and select "inspect" or "inspect element". You can also hit F12 in any browser which will bring up the dev tools and you can do ctrl-F to find the thing you're looking for or they should have a tool that allows you to select a particular element in the main window.

this thing cut out my images but I have a couple screenshots if you want 'em

Can be done under any version of Windows.

Go to your status, right click on the status, and select "inspect element"

There is a hidden status.

"QC_Verified" means that there is nothing wrong with your application in terms of data entry.

"Submitted" means you just submitted it, so this is initial status

"Approved" means you got it, you just need to wait for it.

Thanks Bob. I'm asking as an elderly relative just got "the letter" reminding them and, as they don't have a computer, they will have to come use mine to renew their FOID.

Or does this only work on CCL applications?

I just checked my FOID renewal. It shows QC_verified. I also checked the status on my CCL, which I renewed last year. The Inspect Element shows "active".

It may be obvious to most, but to cover the less computer knowledgeable.

When you right-click something on the screen, a popdown menu appear. "Inspect Element" is on the bottom of the list.

This should work with any browser. Just right click on some part of the browser window and select "inspect" or "inspect element". You can also hit F12 in any browser which will bring up the dev tools and you can do ctrl-F to find the thing you're looking for or they should have a tool that allows you to select a particular element in the main window.

this thing cut out my images but I have a couple screenshots if you want 'em

I just checked my FOID renewal. It shows QC_verified. I also checked the status on my CCL, which I renewed last year. The Inspect Element shows "active".

It may be obvious to most, but to cover the less computer knowledgeable.

When you right-click something on the screen, a popdown menu appear. "Inspect Element" is on the bottom of the list.

Thanks for all your tips and explanations. Your help is appreciated. While I have used Windows OSs from 3.1 to 7 (except ME) and taken some web design classes 18 years ago, the actual coding of an OS is beyond me. Certain "finer aspects" (like this) are something I haven't encountered before so I appreciate your "educating" me.

Archived