Sen. Tom "Turncoat" Rooney Town Hall Meetings June 11, 19, and 21st

Molly B.

There are approx. 20,000 - 40,000 FOID card holders in Sen. Tom "Turncoat" Rooney's district. Help get the word out to them that Sen. Rooney is NOT LOOKING OUT FOR THEM. Spread the word about these town hall meetings - show up, let him know you are not happy with his votes or the fact he has abandoned his party's platform to uphold and protect the Second Amendment rights of his constituents.

http://senategop.state.il.us/Events

He has three planned :

June 8 Arlington Heights Coffee Meet - 8 a.m., Dunton House Restaurant, 11 W Davis St., Arlington Heights

June 11 Mount Prospect - 7:00 p.m., Village Hall, 50 South Emerson St., Mount Prospect
June 19 Arlington Heights - 7:00 p.m., Village Hall, 33 South Arlington Heights Rd., Arlington Heights
June 21 Prospect Heights - 7:00 p.m. City Hall, 8 North Elmhurst Rd, Prospects Heights, IL

Rooney voted Yes on:
SB337 Dealer licensing
SB3256 Waiting Period
SB2387 version that would have instituted a felony for not using the FOID verify system
HB772 the worst version of the Lethal Violence Order of Protection
HB2354 Firearm Restraining order

If you cannot attend - share the info - meet him in his home office - send him message.
Senator Tom Rooney ®
27th District

District Office: 1 East Northwest Highway Suite 109 Palatine, IL 60067 (847) 776-1490 (847) 776-1494 FAX

I've voiced my opinions with Rooney via email on several occasions. He finally stopped replying.

In short, he may or may not agree with these laws, but claims he's voting for them because that's what the district wants. In other words, he's getting more calls in favor of the laws and than calls against.

I explained that it's his job to not simply follow the majority...but to understand the intricacies of the issues and vote accordingly. You wouldn't want an airline pilot to operate each of the aircraft's controls based on a majority vote from the passengers when you know those passengers don't know what they're talking about.

Anyone go for the coffee shop? In FB pics, it looked like a couple of attendees wearing People for a Safer Society shirts.

He has another planned Coffee conversation in addition to town halls.

..."State Senator Tom Rooney added 8 new photos.

This week, I hosted my first two legislative coffee chats for the 27th district. These are great events to come out, ask your questions and enjoy a cup of coffee. My next one will be held this Friday at Le Peep Cafe in Mt. Prospect at 8 a.m. Hope you can join me!..."

This would be the 15th, but there is the Town Hall tomorrow night.

Anyone go for the coffee shop? In FB pics, it looked like a couple of attendees wearing People for a Safer Society shirts.

He has another planned Coffee conversation in addition to town halls.

..."State Senator Tom Rooney added 8 new photos.

This week, I hosted my first two legislative coffee chats for the 27th district. These are great events to come out, ask your questions and enjoy a cup of coffee. My next one will be held this Friday at Le Peep Cafe in Mt. Prospect at 8 a.m. Hope you can join me!..."

This would be the 15th, but there is the Town Hall tomorrow night.

How about the schmuck wearing the "You are NOT a snowflake" t-shirt? Looks like a PERFECT example.

June 11 Mount Prospect - 7:00 p.m., Village Hall, 50 South Emerson St., Mount Prospect

June 19 Arlington Heights - 7:00 p.m., Village Hall, 33 South Arlington Heights Rd., Arlington Heights

June 21 Prospect Heights - 7:00 p.m. City Hall, 8 North Elmhurst Rd, Prospects Heights, IL

I live in the district and I will be at the Mount Prospect meeting.

Definitely interested in hearing about the attendance and discussion.

Ok, I was at the Mount Prospect meeting tonight (June 11, 2018)

22 people at maximum, 5 to 7 were 2nd Amendment people, one woman was a clear anti, yet had no t-shirt declaring affiliation
She was asking about any Assault Weapons bans or bump stock bans. So she was either asking leading questions or was genuinely ignorant ( mass media brainwashed educated ) on the subject.

A large portion (7:00 - 7:45 ) was budget (kicked the can down the road - shudder)
7:45 + to 8:30 was gun stuff, sorta monopolized time against his last slides of constitutional amendments that weren't even voted on, no less the slides listing some of the various bills passed and on the governor's desk.

There was a 2A presentation with a discussion / questions following.

He reported voting for:
SB1647 "Gun Dealer Licensing Act"
SB337 "Firearm Dealer License Certification Act".
HB1468 72 hour wait (really: AWB 72 hour wait)
HB2354 "Firearm Restraining Order"
HB4855 "FOID Renewal & Suspension"

His "guide" to his 2A votes is whether a bill has a "direct" effect (under 21 awb / confiscation - he voted NO)
or an "indirect" effect (gun dealer lic - he voted YES citing "so someone had to drive a few more miles to buy a gun")

He said he also voted NO (after "whipping" yes) when the subject of preemption removal was added to a bill in the last 24 hours before the vote.

There were gun bill explanations that missed some marks, could see things going astray from the important part of the issue, so I managed (without being too intrusive or disruptive) to clarify issues a bit.

In response to Ms. bumpstocks disappointment that there was no bumpstock ban, I managed to point out that the Governor's amendatory veto included BEAUTIFUL language to accurately define bump stocks, and had bills not used such grossly bad wide ranging language the resistance would have been far less.

There may have been a few more instances where I couldn't hold my tongue and I had to cut to the heart of the matter, where stuff was being glossed over as inconsequential (and minimized).

One of my questions was if there was a mandatory timer in sending a bill to the governor, once it passed all it's necessary votes.
His answer: There is none other than "sine die" at end of that session.

My "suggestion" was that he should list the gun bills he voted AGAINST, and why - to try to salvage something with gun owners...

Personable guy with good crowd presence.

edit - now that I think of it, I was a dunce - I had my camera and it does do video (16 gb card too) as well as my phone for recording audio and I did NEITHER as I wrack my brain to relay what went on.

Ok, I was at the Mount Prospect meeting tonight (June 11, 2018)

22 people at maximum, 5 to 7 were 2nd Amendment people, one woman was a clear anti, yet had no t-shirt declaring affiliation

She was asking about any Assault Weapons bans or bump stock bans. So she was either asking leading questions or was genuinely ignorant ( mass media brainwashed educated ) on the subject.

A large portion (7:00 - 7:45 ) was budget (kicked the can down the road - shudder)

7:45 + to 8:30 was gun stuff, sorta monopolized time against his last slides of constitutional amendments that weren't even voted on, no less the slides listing some of the various bills passed and on the governor's desk.

There was a 2A presentation with a discussion / questions following.

He reported voting for:

SB1647 "Gun Dealer Licensing Act"

SB337 "Firearm Dealer License Certification Act".

HB1468 72 hour wait (really: AWB 72 hour wait)

HB2354 "Firearm Restraining Order"

HB4855 "FOID Renewal & Suspension"

His "guide" to his 2A votes is whether a bill has a "direct" effect (under 21 awb / confiscation - he voted NO)

or an "indirect" effect (gun dealer lic - he voted YES citing "so someone had to drive a few more miles to buy a gun")

He said he also voted NO (after "whipping" yes) when the subject of preemption removal was added to a bill in the last 24 hours before the vote.

There were gun bill explanations that missed some marks, could see things going astray from the important part of the issue, so I managed (without being too intrusive or disruptive) to clarify issues a bit.

In response to Ms. bumpstocks disappointment that there was no bumpstock ban, I managed to point out that the Governor's amendatory veto included BEAUTIFUL language to accurately define bump stocks, and had bills not used such grossly bad wide ranging language the resistance would have been far less.

There may have been a few more instances where I couldn't hold my tongue and I had to cut to the heart of the matter, where stuff was being glossed over as inconsequential (and minimized).

One of my questions was if there was a mandatory timer in sending a bill to the governor, once it passed all it's necessary votes.

My "suggestion" was that he should list the gun bills he voted AGAINST, and why - to try to salvage something with gun owners...

Personable guy with good crowd presence.

edit - now that I think of it, I was a dunce - I had my camera and it does do video (16 gb card too) as well as my phone for recording audio and I did NEITHER as I wrack my brain to relay what went on.

Good job. Thanks for being there. Did you press him on voting Yes on SB337 while it INcluded a back door registration of all private sales?

Good job. Thanks for being there. Did you press him on voting Yes on SB337 while it INcluded a back door registration of all private sales?

He proactively spoke about PART of that in SB337, and talked about a trailer bill that supposedly "fixes" things..

I pointed out that this DEALER licensing bill turns private citizen ME into a FELON should I lawfully sell MY gun,

and a fire, flood or tornado destroy the records I am required to maintain for 10 years.

He then illuminated that the bill had provisions for reporting / registering (which were his words???)

that transaction with the ISP, and that's where that (the bill's) problem started.

I'm sorry - I know (and knew) that this was a KEY issue

and I am unable to be more specific about separating the VERBAL interchange

with the INTERNAL dialog going on in my head at the time.

OR the order in which things were said.

Eh?

(a) Every bill passed by the General Assembly shall be

presented to the Governor within 30 calendar days after its

passage. The foregoing requirement shall be judicially

enforceable. If the Governor approves the bill, he shall sign

it and it shall become law.

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/lrb/con4.htm

shhhhh..............!!!!

We're almost halfway there!!!

WHY do you think I posted this:

HB2354 Lethal Order of Protection still waiting to be sent to the Governor.
5/30/2018 Senate Third Reading - Passed; 043-011-000
5/30/2018 House Passed Both Houses
(IF there is a 30 day rule, using May 30 as a start date, 30 days is Friday, June 29, 2018)

It would be interesting to see them MISS the deadline....

Madigan overlooks this during his office's sex scandal STAFFING troubles and Willis is a really dull pencil.

Well, I escaped HOSTILE territory with my scalp intact tonight...

I attended Sen Don Harmon and Rep Camillle Lilly's townhall tonight (6:30 - 8:30) in Oak Park

at Mann Elementary School's auditorium (921 n Kenilworth, Oak Park Il)

I have NEVER experienced such a large group of DieHard liberal progressive nannys in my LIFE!!

Attendance was 60 to 70, so was the age range, 65 - 80, late retiree,

When Harmon talked about SB337, towards the end of his "explanation" that ATF doesn't have the manpower to police the dealers,

I raised my hand. He KNOWS me and my agenda, but he called on me,

commenting that the crowd was probably a bit different than the crowd at Bensenville...

Lol - I said "I KNOW I'm in hostile territory"

I pointed out that these villified gun dealers who had fallen out of political disfavor for years - Chuck's Guns in Riverdale - had

been subjected to an UNPRECEDENTED compliance inspection just after the 2016 Presidential Election, involving ten to twelve

agents for THREE WEEKS, just ITCHING to find anything wrong - and had NOT been able to.

There was a little back and forth, and I formed an opinion - Senator Don Harmon DESPERATELY wants gun

sales information from the dealers. Ostensibly to find out if "HUNDREDS" of guns are being sold to the same person...

YES - HE SAID HUNDREDS.

I pointed out that ATF has a "multiple sales form" (that MUST be IMMEDIATELY faxed in) for things like that,

wouldn't that massive compliance examination seek to uncover violations of THAT reporting requirement as well?

I pointed out for the quiet but hostile crowd that these dealers cited are merely the closest dealers to the Chicago City limits,

and had many many customers from Chicago and that the law of averages

would show that stolen guns WOULD come from them disproportionately.

I also pointed out that gun owners did NOT condone or support the violent tragedies that the media has been harping on, but

that each and every time we get a LITTLE hope our legislators are doing something about it, that the language in the bills

has unintended (hopefully unintended) consequences with wide sweeping language that hits gun owners

disproportionately harder,

I pointed out that Governor Rauner's amendatory veto of SB1657 had a beautifully concise bump stock ban language,

and that had such language been in the bump stock bill, it may have had an easier passage.

Harmon played to the crowd there and dismissively said "that language came from the NRA"

- to which I said who cares who arranged the words if the law WORKS???

Time of the subject of guns barely added up to 5 minutes out of the two hours,

I just didn't press any further, and he moved on, to another non-gun subject,

When the Violence restraining order was reported passed out of both houses, to the crowd later on, the whole benighted bunch

burst out in clapping.

I looked CAREFULLY (I was not shocked) for non-clappers. Didn't find any...

Meanwhile I heard the sugary pop tax longed for, anger over the phone company's OK to drop running copper pairs to each

and every house, sugar regulation, restorative justice, old folks housing and a host of other nanny state issues, all universally intrusive in

controlling other people's lives. Guess the old folks were getting tired of not getting their way.

Of course at the start he was shilling for the progressive tax. And the crowd was eating it up.

edit - WARNING!!!!!!!!! the (lame duck) veto session is where Sen Harmon seems to be pinning his hopes of forcing the Gun Dealer act into law. Harmon seemed less focused on the other two bills - he didn't even MENTION SB3256 (72 hour wait) and HB2354 (order of protection) only rated a cursory comment...

Hopefully I didn't catch anything,

I AM well SELF vaccinated and have hard won immunity against the virus of progressive liberalism.

Archived