People NEEDED to attend Deerfield AWB DIscussion TONIGHT!

cybermgk

Just passing along the ISRA Alert.

URGENT ALERT -
DERRFIELD CITY COUNCIL TO PUSH FOR A BAN ON SEMI-AUTO RIFLES
YOU NEED TO BE THERE TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS

The Village of Deerfield, emboldened by the movement of recent anti-gun legislation in Springfield is now moving to ban semi-auto rifles in the village.

How can they do that, you wonder? There is state preemption of firearm regulations established as a result of the Illinois Concealed Carry Act, except for those local units of government that already had a local ordinance in place, or enacted one within a specific 10-day window in back in 2013.

Deerfield is attempting to take advantage of a loophole in that law and use it to amend a local ordinance regarding firearms transport and storage to turn it into a ban on America's favorite rifle.

Deerfield's leaders need to be reminded that turning today's law abiding citizens into tomorrow's criminals by the stroke of a pen is bad public policy.

Gun owners and especially those that live in or near Deerfield need to come to the Village Board meeting and offer testimony and voice their opposition on Monday night.

If you really, really care about your guns, be there.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM

1. Attend the Village Board Meeting at the Deerfield Village Hall, 850 Waukegan Road, Deerfield on Monday, March 19. The meeting starts at 7:30 pm, be there early to guarantee a seat and to ensure you have a chance to be heard.
2. Be prepared to vigorously defend your 2nd Amendment Rights. Refuse to be turned away.
3. If members of the press are there, seek them out, engage them, tell them that you are a law-abiding gun owner and turning you into a criminal overnight is not a cure for society's problems.
4. Pass this alert along to all your friends and family, tell them to be at the Deerfield Village Board Meeting
5. Post this alert to any and all Internet blogs, forums, or social media sites to which you belong.

REMEMBER – GUN CONTROL IS A DISEASE AND YOU ARE THE CURE

Personally, I would add, be prepared with talking points.

1. Their ban = semi-automatic ban, which includes almost all simple, hunting and target shooting rifles.

2. It will only accomplish making law abiding citizens into criminals.

3. DOJ studies showed 1994 Federal ban did not decrease gun violence or crimes. It had no effect.

4. Knives kill 5 times more people than rifles of all kinds yearly., hands and body parts twice as many.

5. Criminals, and those focused on causing harm disregard laws, all laws.

6. EVERY place that has instituted a ban on a class of firearm has seen in drastic increase of black market buying and selling of the banned class.

7. Evil will do evil, with whatever tool they can.

8. As bad as the Las Vegas shooting was, a killer killed more people with a truck in Nice France.

9. Your definition of "Assault Weapon" is made up and meant to scare the uninformed. If the rifle can not fire automatic, i.e. bullets fire as long as you hold the trigger, and burst fire, where pull the trigger at 3-5 bullets come out for 1 pull, the rifle is not "Military grade".

10. Semi automatic is the common use rifle used in hunting, sport and target shooting. All of the rifles on this ban, are no different in functionality, lethality than any of the other semi-automatics (or bolt or lever action for that matter). They just look scary.

11. Mass shooting frequency is actually on the decline.

12. Handguns are used in the commitment of 19x more homicides than rifles of any kind.

Just a few.

Watch this vid, for rebuttals and debunking for common antis conflation and stat misuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IULSD8VwXEs&t=6s

But, just being there in force will be a good thing.

A few things I always mention to liberals, which they find unbelievable:

The AR-15 has been on the U.S. civilian market since 1964.
Semi-auto rifles in general have been on the U.S. civilian market since 1910.
Semi-auto pistols have been on the U.S. market since 1893.
Per the last point, I doubt anyone in the U.S. bought a new 1893 Borchardt C93. But they did buy the 1896 Mauser C96.

Thank you for the video - frankly, it's fantastic. I wish he didn't take a jab at AIDS cases because then I could easily show this to the leftist of lefts I know. With that, I lose ground. Yes, it's a preventable disease, but I know people who died of it who had transfusions, for one. So that made me wince because here I thought I had a nice 20 minute video package to make our point to the left.

But the best part of this to me, having visited Switzerland multiple times, is the 50 guns per 100 people thing. What they don't mention is that of those 50 guns, probably 47 are fully automatic SIG 510/550 rifles that you are entitled to bring home with you after MANDATORY military service. That's right, turn 18, go into the military or pave roads. Do this for a few years and then you can pursue the rest of your life. When you leave, the government offers/encourages you to purchase your service weapons (if memory serves, you can have one rifle and one pistol) and take them home. Then they actually encourage people to keep shooting! That "buy in" in your country and community is key to the behavior of the people. Our ashats have no value system and as the video states (and we all know) the offenders are not rule followers anyhow... but I digress. The key here is that Switzerland has low crime because almost every house has a fully automatic .556, is given free ammunition (by the gov) and fabulous ranges and public parks to practice at. Yet somehow, very low crime shootings. Imagine that!

Anyhow, tired of seeing us listed with countries like that, who get it. Last time I was there there was a kindergarten, clothing store, weapons shop, frozen yogurt place all next to each other. Sadly the gun shop was closed on the days I was there - I desperately wanted to go in and chat with them. But the big picture window had full-on rifles, AR pattern rfiles and silencers in it. No bars, no overt security (I bet it was secure though). Just wow.

I forgot about start time. Is the AWB section of the agenda already done?

edit Looks like they are on item 1 for Catepillar. AWB is up 3rd after Massage establishment item which is next.

Massage item being discussed now. AWB should be next.

and the AWB is up now

herp and derp out of first mom speaker...toys, weapons of war, can't be stored safely, cant defend against tanks, rounds penetrate walls...ordinance needs harsher penalties

To the last HS student, the 94 ban didn't get swatted down, because A) the SCOTUS was left leaning at the time, was NO where as all encompassing as the Deerfield ordinance (Or Highland park). Unfortunately Heller works against us, as it states it didn't rule at the Nat level, because it did not want to eliminate a local level to legislate ofr itself. I suspect this will be the new approach, death by a million cuts

not sure why the concept of it's the person.is so hard to understand. Magically make all guns disappear, and your still not safe in your school from an evil person wanting to do evil. They will get guns via black markets, or use trucks, or explosives, or explosives in trucks.

There is no such "loophole". Sure it might loom like a loophole if you read one sentence of the statute out of context from the rest of the statute, but read the two sentences before it and there is no refuting the meaning.

If they pass an assault weapons ban, there will be an expensive lawsuit and they will lose. Hope someone said that.

There is no such "loophole". Sure it might loom like a loophole if you read one sentence of the statute out of context from the rest of the statute, but read the two sentences before it and there is no refuting the meaning.

If they pass an assault weapons ban, there will be an expensive lawsuit and they will lose. Hope someone said that.

Future lawsuits and court challenges came up with multiple speakers.

One of the high schoolers assured them it was legal.

I watched the entire video segment, and of course it gets brought up time and time again that it will affect the law abiding citizens, but I never heard it said and pounded into their brains that it doesn't affect the criminals. I seldom hear that said and repeated and repeated and repeated, except here and on other pro-2A forums. Let's just ban the gun, and we'll have have the nerve to be surprised when some nutjob doesn't comply. Right now, out there somewhere, is the next person contemplating another crime, and that person could give two craps about whether there is a ban on the firearm he or she plans on using. And when that does happen, and we all know it will, all I can think of is Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men," with just a slight variation... You'll want me with my gun. You'll need me with my gun...

The bearded gentleman that spoke about the courthouses was outstanding, by the way. (I didn't catch his name.) You'd think that these students would have given pause and started pounding the board about enacting his suggestions, but that's not the agenda...

• 2 weeks later...

Deerfield board meeting is tonight, correct? I can't find an agenda. Anyone know if the AWB is back up for voting after the two meetings allowing comment?

edit: found agenda

old business

18-24-2 Ordinance Amending Chapter 15 (Morals and Conduct), Article 11 (Assault Weapons), Section 15-87 (Safe Storage of Assault Weapons) and Section 15-88 (Transportation of

Assault Weapons) of the Municipal Code of the Village of Deerfield to Regulate the Possession, Manufacture and Sale of Assault Weapons in the Village of Deerfield 2R

Deerfield board meeting is tonight, correct? I can't find an agenda. Anyone know if the AWB is back up for voting after the two meetings allowing comment??

edit:

old business

18-24-2 Ordinance Amending Chapter 15 (Morals and Conduct), Article 11 (Assault Weapons), Section 15-87 (Safe Storage of Assault Weapons) and Section 15-88 (Transportation of

Assault Weapons) of the Municipal Code of the Village of Deerfield to Regulate the Possession, Manufacture and Sale of Assault Weapons in the Village of Deerfield 2R

A Jewish mayor is going to vote to pass a law to disarm other Jews on Passover. A holiday which remembers the Exodus of Jews from Egypt, because they were being killed and enslaved by their government. I'm sure the irony will be lost on them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived