Website Censorship

Jeckler

I was exchanging information with another member via PM and Illinois Carry has censored my communication. Why?

Your PM privileges were suspended because of abuse of the privilege. As for the other issues you brought up, that was explained to you also. To continue to do so will result in a suspension of posting privileges as well.

I was exchanging information with another member via PM and Illinois Carry has censored my communication. Why?

Your PM privileges were suspended because of abuse of the privilege. As for the other issues you brought up, that was explained to you also. To continue to do so will result in a suspension of posting privileges as well.

Molly,

I think you may have copied the wrong quote/posting. To the best of my knowledge, I have never been suspended. I have never had a conversation with you regarding other websites and forums. In fact, I don't think we have ever had the privelge of speaking. I look forward to the day when we can meet and talk. I'd love to shake your hand.

I suspect you are referring to someone else...

is that the site that someone from here exposed the Sub-forrum that we are not privy to and got banned? The one you have to be admin to get into? Watch I brought it up again and I will probably disapear too! LOL

I can't edit my original post, but let me be clear. What I meant to say was that Someone Claimed to be booted from here for exposing a sub forrum and started annother forrum Obviously I have no clue wheather or not it's true, but quite frankly I don't care if they have one or not . I'm told they don't , but If it does exist it's probably to just notify mods of certain things and admin stuff so they don't have to type out a kajillion pm's or e-mails to each other. But that seems like an in efficent was to do things so I would be inclined to think that it doesn't exist.

The same language filters set on the forums will apply to PMs. The pm function is, essentially, a private user forum/session - if that makes sense...

We dont monitor member's PMs, and although anything in technology is possible, the board software does not permit access to any private PMs.

Besides the technical, it would be unethical for us to read your PMs - we simply dont do that.

So... on that note, PM's make a good option for those who wish to vent, provided the other recipients are ok with that and the content of such PMs do not violate the law, or the forum rules.

Its sometimes the better option for those with dirty laundry to air...

...this concludes this public service announcement.

Molly,

I think you may have copied the wrong quote/posting. To the best of my knowledge, I have never been suspended. I have never had a conversation with you regarding other websites and forums. In fact, I don't think we have ever had the privelge of speaking. I look forward to the day when we can meet and talk. I'd love to shake your hand.

I suspect you are referring to someone else...

Jeckler,

My most sincere apology. After checking into this I think I did indeed have you confused with someone else.

I do not see any restrictions placed on your account and see no reason why there should be a problem with

sharing PM's with other members - unless maybe the other member has had PM privileges suspended?

As for the other issue, I will send a PM to explain.

Again, my apologies for the mix up on your status.

I used to get on my wife will all the drama shows she watches on TV.

I explained that I was not telling her what to watch, but that I was mildly concerned with drama being so entertaining.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't been doing the same thing...

IMO - we should pick our battles. There are all sorts of targets, worthy of our attention. The infighting and added static isnt really helping anyone...

Try to keep a broader perspective, I say. I am absolutely certain that none of the staff here is sitting behind a keyboard, rubbing their hands together, building great anticipation for hitting the "ban key".

There is no power trip here... We're working hard for a common cause, and being incrementally successful in doing so.

Moderation is a burden that some have to carry - I believe that there should be some consideration and appreciation for that.

Some of the sh!t we bicker about here makes me feel like I should be watching grey's anatomy...

Just another opinion of mine...for what it may be worth.

I used to get on my wife will all the drama shows she watches on TV.

I explained that I was not telling her what to watch, but that I was mildly concerned with drama being so entertaining.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't been doing the same thing...

IMO - we should pick our battles. There are all sorts of targets, worthy of our attention. The infighting and added static isnt really helping anyone...

Try to keep a broader perspective, I say. I am absolutely certain that none of the staff here is sitting behind a keyboard, rubbing their hands together, building great anticipation for hitting the "ban key".

There is no power trip here... We're working hard for a common cause, and being incrementally successful in doing so.

Moderation is a burden that some have to carry - I believe that there should be some consideration and appreciation for that.

Some of the sh!t we bicker about here makes me feel like I should be watching grey's anatomy...

Just another opinion of mine...for what it may be worth.

that+1

I need to temper my temper or maybe spending more time reading instead of responding

Archived