Appealing CCL Review Board Denial

Molly B.

If it wasn't for this site, topic, and all the help we've received, the outcome would be quite different.

I sincerely thank the staff and members for all the work involved in doing this.

Some virtual flowers for a certain lady here that really went above and beyond! :flowers:

Can I go look at fun gun topics now?

This!! Thank you all so much!!

Just checked my Application #: 000007235 Still CCL (Under Board Review) Instructor (Revoked)
CCL Submitted: 1/24/2014 Still I have not received a letter in the mail from CCLRB or ISP as of yet.

Anyone here have the remand court dated August 26th ,2014 or Aug 25th or Aug 27th.

Can it be they haven't got to my remand Court Order yet?

Just checked my Application #: 000007235 Still CCL (Under Board Review) Instructor (Revoked)

CCL Submitted: 1/24/2014 Still I have not received a letter in the mail from CCLRB or ISP as of yet.

Anyone here have the remand court dated August 26th ,2014 or Aug 25th or Aug 27th.

Can it be they haven't got to my remand Court Order yet?

What's with the Instructor Revoked? Did you have to redo your training? So many cases, I get the details mixed up sometimes.

No Molly since my ccl was denied my instructors license was revoked also.

Since when does the government have the power to take away your livelihood without due process?! How does being denied without due process make you incapable of teaching? heck, how many teachers teach because they can't do! This can't be Constitutional! How is there not an Attorney chomping at the bit to start a class action suit?

Stay Safe and Carry Responsibly

Since when does the government have the power to take away your livelihood without due process?! How does being denied without due process make you incapable of teaching? heck, how many teachers teach because they can't do! This can't be Constitutional! How is there not an Attorney chomping at the bit to start a class action suit?

Just guessing here, but as Pepeskids is also an instructor, then iirc there was a requirement that all instructors have a valid CCL by a certain date. Therefore, if denied for a CCL, then they no longer hold the qualifications for instructor either.

ETA fix typos

Just guessing here, but as Pepeskids is also an instructor, then iirc there was a requirement that all instructors have a valid CCL by a certain date. Therefore, if denied for a CCL, then they no longer hold the qualifications for instructor either.

ETA fix typos

I get that. What I don't get is how you pull someones income without due process. Without them being able to refute the problem. As a former truck driver, they don't get to just send me an email and say "Just so you know, we pulled your CDL. No, we won't tell you why. No, you have no recourse. Yes, you are now out of work and unable to pay your bills. Ta Ta for now!"

BC1: Your story is amazing! After all of that its sad they wont just do whats right and grant your license. I went active on 10/29 and am still waiting for my card. It became obvious to me during my fight as I'm sure it has to you as well that the powers that be will use whatever stalling tatics they can to keep "certain people" from their rights for as long as they can! I'm sure that I will one day get my card in hand (applied 2/4/14 active 10/29/14) and so will you! Stay positive and look at the bright side, you wont have to deal w/this mess again until 2020 maybe by then they'll have this in order.lol

Alright sportsfans, I just checked my status and it went from, 'Under Board Review' to 'Under Review' I applied in Jan 2014, was denied because of a Law Enforcement Objection in April of 2014. Appealed it in DuPage county Court in May 2014, was remanded back to the CCLRB in August 2014, received the letter for review 092714, sent in 12 different documents including my FFL, IL. Business License, Diploma from the Cook County Police Academy, my range officer, and use of force instructor certificates, and a freakin Christmas Card!!! I sent all that in on the 26th of Sept. I had checked out my status before I had received the letter and sent in the documents.

I just checked my status for the 2nd time today and I have gone to Under Review. I also noticed a button to apply for an instructors cert. that was not there before. Hopefully I will get the letter in a couple of days stating that I am not a danger to those around me and my license a few days after that. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I just checked I went to "under review"

I also noticed the apply for instructor cert

I applied 1/2/14

Denial letter came in April

Filed a suit in court in April

Court in early June

Got pushed back to the review board in aug

Received letter to send info back to ISP review board 10/17/14

Reply back 10/21/14

Went back under review 12/2/14

Keeping my fingers crossed

Just wondering what my next step should be. I was going to court pro se until my application was remanded back to the ISP. they requested additional info that I provided and now it is coming up on two months and I am still Under Board Review. I was under the assumption that the board had thirty days to come up with a decision on whether to deny or approve my application.

The Board can get an extra 30 days and should notify you of that in a letter. Even if the Board finds that you are not a threat to yourself or others, the ISP can still deny you under other prohibitors in the law depending on what may disqualify you. Any Denial by the ISP should be accompanied by a letter spelling out the reason(s) under the Law for a Denial.

Archived