Fletcher v Haas

From Volokh.com

"...holds that the ban violates the Second Amendment because “permanent resident aliens are among ‘the people’ for whom the Second Amendment the United States Constitution provides a right to bear arms.”

(Ooops thought I had breaking news... but someone beat me to it... Thanks for moving this...)

I will try to get more details.... Regards, Drd.

SAF Wins 2A Case in Massachusetts

BELLEVUE, WA - A Federal District Court Judge in Massachusetts has granted summary judgment in a Second Amendment Foundation case challenging that state's denial of firearms licenses to permanent resident aliens.

U.S. District Court Judge Douglas P. Woodcock concluded that "the Massachusetts firearms regulatory regime as applied to the individual plaintiffs, contravenes the Second Amendment."

The case involves two Massachusetts residents, Christopher Fletcher and Eoin Pryal, whose applications for licenses to possess firearms in their homes for immediate self-defense purposes were denied under a state law that does not allow non-citizens to own handguns. SAF was joined in the case by Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. and the two individual plaintiffs. The case is Fletcher v. Haas. MORE

I'm curious, how does the chicago machine influence judges? does it hurt their re-election?

No. It helps them immensely by funneling money to their campaigns. They also are usually former lawyers and consultants to city connected law firms (The ones that the city contracts to represent the city in civil cases.) The web of corruption in Chicago/C®ook county is quite tangled. And filled with dirty little spiders.

The Democratic organization have their minions vote for them. Most people don't pay attention to judicial races, even though they have more of an impact on their lives that they will ever realize. I ruffle lots of feathers when I tell those who ask that I don't vote for machine judges.

It takes a world of GUTS to stand up to the what ever powers that be it you might overturn potentially whole state laws that have been established for years.... It takes GUTS! You already know that you will be vilified denigrated cussed and discussed by the movers and shakers of the State of Illinoisistan.... That is the Chicago Machine!

It doesn't seem to bother judges to go with flow and just cave in to the so called honchos. It will help if they get three judges who think alike at the 7th... At least they can get a consensus and go from there...

Regards, Drd

Archived