• 1,751 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

Works for me https://www.lee.com/...ationId=2015276

Kid's that Hunt and Fish don't Mug old Ladies 

#3 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

For IWB, just about any denim pair of pants will do. I had to 'bump' the waist number up a size to fit the holster without looking like a squeezed hourglass. More importantly, you will need a good, strong purpose designed and made CCW belt to hold the weight and keep the holster/firearm close to the body.

As to the brand of pants, I do like the Eddie Bauer classic fit jeans.

Edited by Kaeghl, 06 December 2017 - 07:55 PM.

#4 capotwosix

• Supporting Members Team
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

Get a quality gun belt. Leather or nylon, whichever you prefer. This will allow you to carry any size firearm without having to change pants.

"We will no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of globalism" - President Donald J. Trump

#5 Jeckler

• 1,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

Costco. Urban Star brand jeans.
They have a little bit of stretch in the waist. Makes it perfect for IWB.
And...they are inexpensive. Under $20

#6 kevo88

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

Most all pants should be just fine. I like my levis, 514 and 559's. Also, fyi, magpul has 50% off on their pants right now. I have a pair for hiking and like them.

#7 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• 6,889 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

https://totersjeans.com
I don't have these, but maybe what you're looking for.

#8 chicagoresident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

Duluth trading puts a little bit of elastic in all their pants which is really nice for IWB. Their pockets are also big enough to pocket carry in a holster for those times your going in and out of your car a lot.

Also another vote for a good gun belt. I actually wear my leather gun belt whether I'm carrying or not because it looks like a nice belt.

#9 Frank

"Frank can Glock"

• 2,382 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

$$$ Unless you're trying to pull a Harvey Weinstein, why would you try to conceal your pants? $$$

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#10 ceff7711

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

Sorry...I wasn't specific in my OP.  I am looking for pants that don't require a holster.  I saw one version https://coverttacticalsystems.com/ but the reviews were mixed.

Thanks

Edited by ceff7711, 07 December 2017 - 07:23 AM.

#11 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

Any jeans are fine. It's the belt that matters.

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#12 kevo88

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:37 AM

Sorry...I wasn't specific in my OP.  I am looking for pants that don't require a holster.  I saw one version https://coverttacticalsystems.com/ but the reviews were mixed.

Thanks

Those seem a little sketchy to me. What model pistol will you be carrying? If it's small enough, standard pocket carry with a good holster would be fine. If it's too large for that, then a proper holster that safely protects the trigger is a must.

Personally, I prefer single clip kydex holsters due to their ease of putting in and taking off. I can remove the whole thing at once, which cuts down on administrative handling of the loaded pistol.

#13 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 13,047 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

https://www.lapolice....com/pants.html

Have all boated who fish?

#14 ming

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:11 AM

I really like the Urban Ops pants.  Very comfortable and it's hard to beat the price.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol and PPITH Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor

#15 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,317 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

Are you looking for pants with a "built-in-holster"  ?

I don't think there is such a thing.  But if someone were advertising pants that way - I still wouldn't just put an unholstered gun in a pocket even if the pants makers called the pocket a "holster".

I recommend always carrying the gun in a holster that covers the trigger and if you're pocket-carrying an SA gun cocked and locked, the holster should cover or protect the safety also.

I would advise people to get an actual gun belt made by a company that makes gun belts.

The belt is always more important that people initially think.  I saw a fairly thick leather belt at Kohls, it was around $32.00 so I thought I'd try it and save some money. I bought it and two weeks later the buckle sheared off.  It looked like ZAMAK to me. 

If you want to go cheap with the leather, some belt makers make belts from imperfect leather - this may be where a bull has a scar from fighting or running into barbed wire or such. If you don't mind that, you can get a cheap gun belt made of sturdy materials for cheap(er).

I have another Kohls leather belt and the thing definitely has stretched.  It came with 5 holes, I started on the third belt hole and I am now at the last hole on the belt, and I haven't lost weight.  If it stretches anymore I won't be able to use it. 

It really is something to take seriously - what happens if your choice of gunbelt fails?  Is your firearm going to be exposed? Will it fall to the ground?

If you pickup a belt at a department store do you know what the buckle is made of?  I didn't and I didn't expect the buckle to break.

Most places that specialize in gun belts will have their buckle material in their spec sheet - for instance BullHide Belts identifies their buckles - brass or stainless steel.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#16 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,317 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

I do wish someone made pockets reinforced with hemp or nylon or something.

I use the DeSantis Nemesis and the butt of my R9 wears holes in my jean pocket.  It has a heel magazine release which probably contributes to the wear.  I could switch to a different holster to prevent it.  But a sturdier pocket lining would prevent it too.

post-3474-0-01407200-1512658397.png

post-3474-0-79156900-1512658468.png

Attached Thumbnails

• jean pocket 1 png.png
  • jean pocket 2 png.png

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#17 chicagoresident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

Thanks

Another emphasis that you need a quality kydex or Kydex hybrid holster made specifically for your gun and a good gun belt. This is the only way you will get SAFETY, retention, and the ability to deploy quickly if needed.

I hate to quote Thunder Ranch's Clint Smith because he's kind of a tool, but one smart thing he said is "Conceal carry is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable".

Don't look at stuff that claims to reinvent the conceal carry wheel. Gimmicks and gadgets might be cool in other consumer markets but with guns it's a good way to shoot your dick off.

#18 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 2,908 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

If you live in Chicago, these are the standard issue concealed carry pants for a goodly percentage of the population:

ol3389.jpg

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#19 soundguy

• 4,684 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

Conceal Carry Pants... It just sounds funny!

Go with a proper IWB holster, designed for your gun, and a good gun belt. In the long run, it will cost you FAR less cash and you won't look like a Pants Geek with odd pockets. Also, carrying something like a gun flopping around in your pants pocket all day will lead to annoying muscle fatigue where the gun rides on your thigh. And it won't go away when you empty your pocket.

I'd really hate to leave my gun at home because my pants were dirty.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#20 luckydawg13

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

Thanks

That just screams GUN to me I try and down play that I'm carrying as much as i can things like this https://www.spreadsh...BCABEgIQSvD_BwE

Kid's that Hunt and Fish don't Mug old Ladies 

#21 Camar10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:28 AM

good ol' pair of Wrangler Cargo pants with opening behind cargo pockets, works perfect for me. I have "tactical pants" that cost 3 times as much but still like the Wranglers better for everyday use. All the storage you need and doesn't draw any attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users