Is there actually a way to contact a person at ISP?

Just did a change of address for both my FOID and CCL and received the new cards late last week. On both of them there is a statement on the paper they were attached to stating to verify all info is correct and to contact the ISP firearms division if there are any discrepancies. Well, both cards have my old weight on them still instead of my new weight that would match my DL.

I tried several times to call the number listed but it just gives me a brief message when I call and then the call says goodbye and hangs up. I have yet to actually get a chance to talk to someone at the ISP. If this keeps up then I suppose it's not important enough to them then it isn't important enough for me to keep trying just to get hung up on. At least the pics all match on the cards....just lists two very different weights. I know I updated it when I submitted the change of address last month...it just didn't make it to the cards for some unknown reason.

Just did a change of address for both my FOID and CCL and received the new cards late last week. On both of them there is a statement on the paper they were attached to stating to verify all info is correct and to contact the ISP firearms division if there are any discrepancies. Well, both cards have my old weight on them still instead of my new weight that would match my DL.

I tried several times to call the number listed but it just gives me a brief message when I call and then the call says goodbye and hangs up. I have yet to actually get a chance to talk to someone at the ISP. If this keeps up then I suppose it's not important enough to them then it isn't important enough for me to keep trying just to get hung up on. At least the pics all match on the cards....just lists two very different weights. I know I updated it when I submitted the change of address last month...it just didn't make it to the cards for some unknown reason.

I always get a live person when I call ISP at (217) 558-4684. If they need to transfer me, I always get through to a live person as well. Good luck

Now that all eyes aren't on them anymore, the ISP has reverted back to being rude and disrespectful.

And you base this on . . .?

I forgot....they read here...the ISP is an outstanding organization that bends over backwards to help the citizens of this state in any way they can.

I'm thinking they could use a tip jar.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been unsuccessful in recovering my account to change my address. I can't get a call in, either.

Will the email address in post 5 get me a response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did that work for you? I seem to be in the same boat.

Worked fine. I was directed to simply create a new user account, and was able to complete the address change.

Archived