Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

Ranger

WTH!!?? It's not bad enough to live in a sucky state but I have to live in 1 of 4 sucky counties IN this sucky state to vote NO!? Way to go Will county. This just ruined my day

I posted it because the "other side" will try to use this in any way they can against the sanctuary counties, since that's the county it all started in. Especially because the Effingham police chief was so vocal in supporting the sanctuary county movement.

I see it as a "sanctuary county" related issue and thought others might like to know about it.

The Effingham CITY POLICE CHIEF is apparently not well liked by some of his staff.

The Effingham COUNTY SHERIFF has been an outspoken advocate of 2nd amendment.

To my understanding the police chief has also been a supporter of the sanctuary county movement starting in Effingham.

Any evidence to the contrary?

• 3 weeks later...

The Crawford County State's Attorney publicly announced a few weeks ago that he would not prosecute violations of SB 107 if enacted because the bill violates the Second Amendment. It was on the local radio station and newspaper in Robinson, Illinois.

https://www.wtyefm.com/2019/05/23/states-attorney-answers-gun-registration-questions/

http://www.robdailynews.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=2&ArticleID=17843

I counted 65 counties, along with 2 townships and 2 towns.

That's even better! More than 3/5 of the state, not to mention an even dozen SAs who won't prosecute for specious violations of SB107. Ideally, the overwhelming majority of the state does the same, to offset the the Chicago area and northern IL anti-firearm contingent.

That's even better! More than 3/5 of the state, not to mention an even dozen SAs who won't prosecute for specious violations of SB107. Ideally, the overwhelming majority of the state does the same, to offset the the Chicago area and northern IL anti-firearm contingent.

The dozen state's attorney who have publicly come out for nullification are just the tip of the iceberg. Twice that many have indicated agreement privately.

;)

The dozen state's attorney who have publicly come out for nullification are just the tip of the iceberg. Twice that many have indicated agreement privately.

;)

If they would come out publicly, that would be even better, because it would add momentum and weight to the whole legal aspect of it. If eventually a large majority of SAs tell the State that they aren't going to enforce unconstitutional laws, and stick to their guns if push comes to shove, then it would be a game-changer.

The dozen state's attorney who have publicly come out for nullification are just the tip of the iceberg. Twice that many have indicated agreement privately. ;)

If they would come out publicly, that would be even better, because it would add momentum and weight to the whole legal aspect of it. If eventually a large majority of SAs tell the State that they aren't going to enforce unconstitutional laws, and stick to their guns if push comes to shove, then it would be a game-changer.

We're working on it...stay tuned. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived