ICHV - New Website (concealed carry and me)

Rivemor

This does not sound anti to me.

Are there any restrictions on the number of rounds of ammunition that may be carried by a concealed carry license holder?

No. Under the Illinois Concealed Carry Law, there are no restrictions

on the size of the magazine or number of rounds of ammunition that

may be carried in a concealed manner by an approved concealed

carry license holder.

They are being very careful on what they say, as it pertains to the law. That's more than I can say for our politicians.

If you go to the "about us" page it talkes about us it is clearly ANTI Quote below

"ICHV successfully advocates for policies designed to minimize the impact gun violence has on Illinois residents. As a result, Illinois has some of the most progressive gun laws in the country, and we are recognized as a model for other state based gun violence prevention groups. Over our long history working together with our dedicated members and coalition partners, not only have we defeated many of the gun lobby’s key measures"

If you go to the "about us" page it talkes about us it is clearly ANTI Quote below

"ICHV successfully advocates for policies designed to minimize the impact gun violence has on Illinois residents. As a result, Illinois has some of the most progressive gun laws in the country, and we are recognized as a model for other state based gun violence prevention groups. Over our long history working together with our dedicated members and coalition partners, not only have we defeated many of the gun lobby’s key measures"

^This IS anti.

My 2cents, be very careful what is said here. I suspect we could be a GREAT source of info for the "anti" mind(less) set.

Breaking my own suggestion. I believe that if your company prohibits carry, you are responsible for the safety of all who enter.

Also sticking a gun inside your belt is a very poor way to carry.

Looking at the pictures on their website show the ignorance of gun safety with that group. One picture shows a man with a pistol in his hand pointing at the ground with his finger on the trigger, big no, no. Another picture shows a person with a pistol tucked in their pants with no holster, no thanks.

I'm all for reducing gun violence http://amanandhisjeep.com/g/albums/userpics/10001/shrug.gif

Justified self-defense shootings, target practice, combat shooting, etc. is not gun violence.

Some stupid jackass that fires into a car full of "kids" is not justified.

But successfully reducing gun violence makes MAIG, the Brady campaign, Mom's Demand Action, etc, etc, etc. kind of irrelevant. Can't have that, there's no funding in that.

'WillT'

I'm all for reducing gun violence
http://amanandhisjeep.com/g/albums/userpics/10001/shrug.gif

Most law abiding gun owners are

Justified
self-defense shootings, target practice, combat shooting, etc. is
not
gun violence.

But if someone is shot, due to suicide, or because a LEO or law abiding citizen shot you while you were committing a felony, they include you as a "gun victim" to artificially inflate the numbers and pull heartstrings.

Some stupid jackass that fires into a car full of "kids" is not justified.

But the gun grabbers will equate that criminal activity with lawful gun use whenever they can, again, to inflate the numbers.

But successfully reducing gun violence makes MAIG, the Brady campaign, Mom's Demand Action, etc, etc, etc. kind of irrelevant. Can't have that, there's no funding in that.

Agreed, but consider the actual level of gun violence now compared with 20 years ago. Reducing violence isn't their goal, gun control is.

I'm well aware of their agenda.

But no gun violence, no gun violence groups

It's a cute catch 22

ICHV is probably the least offensive of the groups

Least offensive?

How about the most dangerous?

This is like the "strong 2A supporter" who thinks it's great to enjoy our great heritage and enjoy sporting guns, but who really needs 30 rounds? Why would anyone need to carry a gun everywhere? I've got nothing to be afraid of, why wouldn't I register my guns?

Fletcher969 made a very good post the other day. Look it up.

Oh, my word. Download the handbook. It's very plain on it's face that ICHV did their dead-level best to come up with ways to encourage MWG and ParanoidMom calls. Topics in the handbook include such choice tidbits as:

"If I feel threatened by an individual carrying a loaded, concealed gun in a public place, how should I handle the situation?"

"Who has the legal authority to prohibit firearms from being carried on the grounds of a business - the owner of the property, or the tenant? If I am the business owner, but I don't own the property, can I still prohibit concealed carry?"

"How do I let customers know that guns are prohibited at my business? Are there any legal requirements for how to communicate this policy?"

"If I allow customers to carry guns, and one of them becomes intoxicated and later commits a shooting, what is my liability as a business?"

"Are people allowed to cary guns where I work? What can I do if I don't want people to carry guns where I work?"

As my 8 year old daughter would say... SERIOUSLY??????

Nope. This isn't even CLOSE to being even handed. It's a reasonably camouflaged attempt to raise the scaremongering about the FCCA to a whole new level.

ETA: missed one of the choice tidbits.

Nope. This isn't even CLOSE to being even handed. It's a reasonably camouflaged attempt to raise the scaremongering about the FCCA to a whole new level.

I would expect NOTHING less from that group. Like I said when I saw the site, it's a thinly veiled attempt to propagate misinformation and scaremongering.

What else can they do now that they've lost?

I would expect NOTHING less from that group. Like I said when I saw the site, it's a thinly veiled attempt to propagate misinformation and scaremongering.

What else can they do now that they've lost?

+1

Gosh if they could only get it through their heads...We are LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!! We spend the money to be trained and to be responsible with firearms and the last thing we want to do is have to use our firearm for self defense. The firearm is a LAST RESORT!!

Oh c'mon.... this is like dealing with the functional idiots in the Legislature.

It's not like the statistics showing no increase in crime due to concealed carry actually exist

in Washington

Georgia

Florida

Indiana

Texas

Ohio

Utah

Iowa

Wisconsin

Gosh if they could only get it through their heads...We are LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!! We spend the money to be trained and to be responsible with firearms and the last thing we want to do is have to use our firearm for self defense. The firearm is a LAST RESORT!!

They know, they are collectivists, they hate that you are self sufficient and can take care of yourself and your family, they want [need] you to depend on the government for protection [and everything else]. The only reason they say what they say is because it works and people buy it.

If they publicly admitted what they really think, they'd be tarred and feathered long ago.

Relax everyone. The only people who will be visiting that site is us. :Loony:

LOL, probably logging our IP's too.

I disagree. We tend to forget how new this concept is to the vast majority of people in this state and I think there's going to be a huge demand for simplified information on the topic once permits start being issued. This was a very smart thing for them to do - something we should have organized, frankly.

Archived