Question about foid /ccw

Wccmikey

I wasnt sure where to post this so if wrong place I apologize.Well I did a name change in June of this year so I waited till then to renew my ccw.My ccw expired in February so Im not sure if its extended cause of this whole covid issue .I also changed my name on my food well its nov still no word from anyone it says pending .My question is my foid /ccw active or since its under my old name its invalid just to be safe Ive avoided carrying

Check the FAQ page.

"My FOID/CCL expired three months ago, and I haven't submitted a renewal application as of today. Can I submit my late FOID/CCL renewal application now in order for my expired FOID/CCL to remain valid, or was there a specific time frame I needed to do this in, in order for it to remain valid?

If your FOID/CCL expired on or after March 9, 2020: During the COVID-19 pandemic, and under the emergency administrative rules issued as a result of the state's disaster declaration, FOID card holders and CCL card holders who submit their renewal applications will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration." https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

If the CCL expired in February you may have to completely reapply again.

The emergency order called for a March day for forgiveness on expired cards.

If you check the ISP portal you may find the status of each card. But based upon what you posted you let the CCL expire and then did a name change 4 months after the expired date. If the FOID was still valid and you did a simple name change then that card should get processed as normal. Provided that the FOID wasn’t expired also.

Issue here is that the time delays everyone is going through currently you shouldn’t expect the new name FOID for almost 6 months!

Good Luck and Welcome to the Forums

Archived