Pro 2A resolution - Archive

Ashdump

How's this for the map update.

The map on Pro2a shows RED counties as FAILED, an many of us disagreed because those counties did not fail board approval, the just did not make it to the board for voting. So I put the counties that have been proposed, but did not pass commitee in blue. Because we agree that they HAVE NOT actually failed.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j56/tplane37/Pro2AMap.jpg

I like it! :thumbsup:

The map on Pro2a shows RED counties as FAILED, an many of us disagreed because those counties did not fail board approval, the just did not make it to the board for voting. So I put the counties that have been proposed, but did not pass commitee in blue. Because we agree that they HAVE NOT actually failed.

I like it too - it shows some action has taken place but not an open and shut failed vote. I agree the colors are basically just to inform and shouldn't be a devisive issue.

Molly B.

I like it too - it shows some action has taken place but not an open and shut failed vote. I agree the colors are basically just to inform and shouldn't be a devisive issue.

Molly B.

I think this is an excellant idea. Red should be for those counties that have out right voted against it.

Okay, adding that map may have been a mistake. Though I like it, and apparently many of you do as well, we seem to be getting off on a tangent because of it. I'd like to see us get back on track with the real issue at hand. It's my fault for causing a stir here, and I would like to see us find a way to fill the map with green, I think it could even be possible to get Cook County GREEN as well once we get the rest of the state. Instead of saying it's not going to happen, let's find a way to make it happen.

The old saying "Where there's a will, there's a way" comes to mind. There is an ample amount of will here, now it's time to find a way!

The old saying "Where there's a will, there's a way" comes to mind. There is an ample amount of will here, now it's time to find a way!

Please remember that a lot of us have been working on this for a long time. Some are extremely intelligent, while others, like myself, are not so intelligent, but extremely dedicated!

We DO want to get this done, but have learned it takes a certain amount of patience. We DO have a game plan.

I for one, love your exhuberence and will. Keep workin' with us, friend. IT IS GONNA HAPPEN!

Read my "signature" below.

OC, I have no doubt in my mind that this will happen. My emails went out this morning to a number of county board members for Macon County, in fact, I noticed that on of them was my neighbor. I had towed his truck home on my trailer recently, and I know for a fact that he is a gun owner, and that his grandchildren and children shoot with him out back....I don't believe I know any of the others.

Now awaiting responses and will keep this board informed.

My emails went out this morning to a number of county board members for Macon County, in fact, I noticed that on of them was my neighbor. I had towed his truck home on my trailer recently, and I know for a fact that he is a gun owner, and that his grandchildren and children shoot with him out back....I don't believe I know any of the others.

Great and good work Sir! You already have reason to be optimistic! We will look forward to updates when you have them.

OC, I have no doubt in my mind that this will happen. My emails went out this morning to a number of county board members for Macon County, in fact, I noticed that on of them was my neighbor. I had towed his truck home on my trailer recently, and I know for a fact that he is a gun owner, and that his grandchildren and children shoot with him out back....I don't believe I know any of the others.

Outstanding! :thumbsup:

Bond County passed the resolution tonight and goes GREEN!!

That's 61!

Good old Bond, Shadrack that is!!!!!!

Let's see, if you allow us to round up a couple of tenths, that's 60%!!!!!

Have you heard anything from Clinton or Madison?? I have a friend that was going to do some checking for me and hasn't gotten back yet!!!!

I'll drop him a note with the news of Bond and maybe it'll remind him to do that for us.

That's 2/3 of the way to 90!!!!!

AB

Awsome, I updated the Macon County Board as to this achievement. I asked them to be #62...we'll see. I have had no replies as of yet, also no board meetings since I sent the request. Only time will tell.

Congrats on Bond County, did you encounter any issues? If you did, how was it handled? In case I need it for Macon County...

One more county and we break 60%. That will move us out of the "half of Illinois counties" territory into "the majority of Illinois counties" territory!

How many townships are in Kendall County? If there are five (including Oswego), then Oswego Township gives us 61.2 counties, or exactly 60% :tongue: . If it's more than five, we still have work to do on that 3/5ths supermajority.

One more county and we break 60%. That will move us out of the "half of Illinois counties" territory into "the majority of Illinois counties" territory!

How many townships are in Kendall County? If there are five (including Oswego), then Oswego Township gives us 61.2 counties, or exactly 60% :tongue: . If it's more than five, we still have work to do on that 3/5ths supermajority.

I believe there are more than 5 in Kendall Co. there is Plano, sandwich,yorkville,Oswego, and Boulder Hill which I used to live in. Boulder Hill has a Montgomery or Aurora Mailing address, but it is in Kendall Co. Yorkville is the County seat. I think there are a few more but I can't recall their nemes.

Mac

Yeah--I was kinda kidding about the idea of there being only five townships.

Still, it might be worth a serious look at the nibbling-away-at-the-edges approach (township by township in the tough-going counties). In the counties where gun rights are a tough sell, maybe we need to take a closer look at the long term approach, and see if we can make any inroads at the township level.

i thought you might find this intresting to read.

Resolution Revolution!

a Letter to the Editor, published by the Champaign-

Urbana News-Gazette, 10-15-07

A grassroots Resolution Revolution is sweeping

across the state of Illinois county by county in the

form of a Pro-Second Amendment Resolution!

Originating in mid-April of this year, as of October

10, 2007, fifty-two (52) counties in the state of Illinois

have passed the Resolution and none have vetoed it!

In November, 2006, Cook County adopted virtually

word for word the firearms ban in place in Chicago

since 1989, a ban which infringes upon the inalienable

rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear

arms as guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment of the

Bill of Rights and the Constitution of the State of

Illinois.

Annually, attempts are made by Cook County legislators

to pass bills that would force these same bans

upon the other 101 counties of the State of Illinois.

Not only would such proposed legislation ban firearms

used for the protection of family, self, and property,

it would ban the possession and use of firearms

by law-abiding citizens for safe forms of recreation,

collecting, and hunting within each county.

This is not a political issue, nor is it a matter of

religion, race, sexual orientation, or ethnicity! It is a

CIVIL RIGHTS issue!

Each county, according to an oath taken by its

County Board members has an obligation to support

the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of

Rights; thus, when one county attempts to deprive

the other 101 counties of their civil rights, it IS the

responsibility of each county to state, “Enough is

enough!”

The Policy Committee of the Champaign County

Board is on record as stating, “This is not a county

matter,” and has refused to pass the resolution to the

Champaign County Board for a vote.

Do you agree?

As of October 10, fifty-two other county boards don’t!

Gene Martin

Urbana,

http://www.gunssavelife.com/Newsletter/Nov.4.pdf

In the counties where gun rights are a tough sell, maybe we need to take a closer look at the long term approach, and see if we can make any inroads at the township level.

If the recent effort here (Champaign County) gets no results, that's the next step!

Has anyone who is working on Macon County received and response at all from any of the board members? I have yet to get a reply to any of the emails I have sent...good or bad...Maybe I am going about this the wrong way, I don't know. I am thinking about walking into the office tomorrow during lunch and asking them for the exact procedure that must be followed to get the Res on the board's agenda...along with contact information. But I am curious if it is just me they are not responding to or if it is everyone.

Has anyone who is working on Macon County received and response at all from any of the board members? I have yet to get a reply to any of the emails I have sent...good or bad...Maybe I am going about this the wrong way, I don't know. I am thinking about walking into the office tomorrow during lunch and asking them for the exact procedure that must be followed to get the Res on the board's agenda...along with contact information. But I am curious if it is just me they are not responding to or if it is everyone.

Going in for a personal visit would be the right thing to do. Inquire as to how to get the ball rolling in that county. Thanks for all your hard work and determination! :thumbsup:

Okay, I spoke with the Macon County Executive Assistant today. She was very helpful in assisting me with locating the proper channels to get the Res presented to the board. My impression from speaking with her was that she may be on our side, though she did not directly say so. She was fully aware of the Resolution and stated that she had also recieved information from other people, but said "...but you're the one who lives locally, right?" She didn't know exactly what committee to present this to, so took down my number to contact the Chairman, he instructed her on where to send me and I was provided with contact information. I sent a more personal email to my representative asking for his assistance.

And no one told me I was going to have to speak in front of the committee and the board!! You guys could have warned me ahead of time. LOL Anyway, I guess I need to get educated quickly....unless someone wants to write my presentation for me (hint hint) I have already committed to the cause, and I will follow through.

She also seemed to be comparing the Pro 2A Res to the statewide smoking ban...and didn't sound to thrilled with the smokers having their rights violated...I walked away with a slight feeling of confidence that this is going to go through.

Okay, I spoke with the Macon County Executive Assistant today. She was very helpful in assisting me with locating the proper channels to get the Res presented to the board. My impression from speaking with her was that she may be on our side, though she did not directly say so. She was fully aware of the Resolution and stated that she had also recieved information from other people, but said "...but you're the one who lives locally, right?" She didn't know exactly what committee to present this to, so took down my number to contact the Chairman, he instructed her on where to send me and I was provided with contact information. I sent a more personal email to my representative asking for his assistance.

And no one told me I was going to have to speak in front of the committee and the board!! You guys could have warned me ahead of time. LOL Anyway, I guess I need to get educated quickly....unless someone wants to write my presentation for me (hint hint) I have already committed to the cause, and I will follow through.

She also seemed to be comparing the Pro 2A Res to the statewide smoking ban...and didn't sound to thrilled with the smokers having their rights violated...I walked away with a slight feeling of confidence that this is going to go through.

Outstanding! The folks who are skilled in the areas you need assistance will be more than happy to lend their support!

Archived