Illinois General Assembly 2/22/2011

mauserme

The House is scheduled for 12:00 Noon today. The Senate , previously scheduled for session today, is not in.

On the House Calender:

HB0143 - Crim CD Military Reenactor

Green/Good

House Sponsor: Reitz

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Exempts, from provisions prohibiting the sale, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of specified weapons, an active member of a bona fide, nationally recognized military re-enacting group possessing a vintage rifle or modern reproduction thereof with a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches in length for the purpose of using the rifle during historical re-enactments if: (1) the modification is required and necessary to accurately portray the weapon for historical re-enactment purposes; the re-enactor is in possession of a valid and current re-enacting group membership credential; and the overall length of the weapon as modified is not less than 26 inches; or (2) the person has been issued a Curios and Relics license from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Effective immediately.

The House Agriculture & Conservation Committee has the following bills on their calender today. They are scheduled to meet at 2:00 PM.

HB0003 - Firearms Municipal Regulation

HB0004 - Firearm Owners Preempt Loc Gov

HB0005 - Wildlife Code Case Definition

HB0006 Wildlife Code Muskrat Hunting

HB0008 - Firearm Owners ID Premption

HB0112 - Firearms Concealed Carry

HB0142 - Firearms Municipal Regulation

HB0148 - Firearms Concealed Carry

HB0264 - Firearm Owners Preemt Loc Gov

HB0265 - Crim Cd Firearm Transport

HB1163 - Wildlife Powder Cartridges

HB1403 - Concealed Carry Permits

Although there are quite a few of our bills on the committee schedule today it is worth remembering that not all bills will necessarily be heard at their first opportunity. This will likely be a day for patience as groundwork is laid for the future.

That means 5 more people are jumping on the winning bandwagon!! :thumbsup:

Why did Michael Unes remove himself as cosponsor? Was it because he is sponsoring a different LTC bill?

2/15/2011 House Added Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes

2/17/2011 House Added Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes

2/17/2011 House Removed Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes

he a Chief Co-sponsor now not just a Co-sponsor

1/21/2011 House Added Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz

2/17/2011 House Remove Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz

2/17/2011 House Added Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz

Reitz went the other way form a chief to just a co

we now have

Phelps as filer

4 Chief Co-Sponsors

20 Co-Sponsors

The times, they are a changing. Who woulda thunk it that RTC was 'the bandwagon' to be on. I would love, love, love to be able to get an IL carry permit this year, especially with the Thune amendment looking to become law. Otherwise, it's going to be a l-o-n-g couple of years.

The House has adjourned.

HB0143 is still showing staus as Second Reading. I'll check again later.

What do these guys do with the other 4 or 5 hours of the work day? Are they lazy or are there other things they are actually working on?

While I won't say they are the hardest working folks in the world, but in their defense, they do attend committee meetings, meet with and correspond with constituents, return calls, etc. during the rest of the day. What they do on the floor is but a very small part of their job. Oh, they also meet with the NRA and ISRA lobbyists to discuss RTC and statewide pre-emption!!

The following bills have been passed in committee, all on a vote of 13/1/0:

HB0003 - Firearms Municipal Regulation

HB0004 - Firearm Owners Preempt Loc Gov

HB0005 - Wildlife Code Case Definition

HB0008 - Firearm Owners ID Premption

HB0264 - Firearm Owners Preemt Loc Gov

HB0265 - Crim Cd Firearm Transport

Patience on the rest.

Edited 2/24/2011 to add that HB0142 - Firearms Municipal Regulation was also moved to second reading on 2/22/2011

Kelly Burke D

Mary E. Flowers D

Frank J. Mautino D

Jack McGuire D

they are the only ones on the committee that arnt listed as supporters of RTC, i would believe it is one of them...

Kelly Burke D

Mary E. Flowers D

Frank J. Mautino D

Jack McGuire D

they are the only ones on the committee that arnt listed as supporters of RTC, i would believe it is one of them...

I just dropped a note to my contact at the clerk's office. He has always been good about getting me the committee votes. We'll see what come up. I'll be surprised if Mary Flowers voted FOR it. Actually is surprising that we got only one NO vote. That is encouraging.

AB

That means 5 more people are jumping on the winning bandwagon!! :thumbsup:

Why did Michael Unes remove himself as cosponsor? Was it because he is sponsoring a different LTC bill?

I believe it's because Unes is NOW a Chief Co-sponsor. It may be Unes and Reitz wanted to trade.House

Remove Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz

Added Co-Sponsor Rep. Dan Reitz

Added Chief Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes

Removed Co-Sponsor Rep. Michael Unes

While I won't say they are the hardest working folks in the world, but in their defense, they do attend committee meetings, meet with and correspond with constituents, return calls, etc. during the rest of the day. What they do on the floor is but a very small part of their job. Oh, they also meet with the NRA and ISRA lobbyists to discuss RTC and statewide pre-emption!!

Thanks, I was genuinely curious. It has always seemed that they were there briefly and then out of session, I assumed they had other duties of course but was unsure as to what a normal day looked like for them.

Kelly Burke D

Mary E. Flowers D

Frank J. Mautino D

Jack McGuire D

I just dropped a note to my contact at the clerk's office. He has always been good about getting me the committee votes. We'll see what come up. I'll be surprised if Mary Flowers voted FOR it. Actually is surprising that we got only one NO vote. That is encouraging.

AB

i honestly think it was Flowers for the no...

Archived