FOID/FCCL address change problem

MrTriple

I went to change my address tonight, but clicked the "proceed" button thinking that I had to add the new address on the following page.

Apparently not.

Now my address change application is locked up and I can't go back to change the address. The system is now requiring me to pay the $80 fee, but the address hasn't been updated. I don't see a way to correct this. How do I get this taken care of? Both my FOID and FCCL are now in "pending payment" status, whatever that means.

I'm very concerned because I'm worried if this invalidates my FOID and FCCL until it gets cleared, and the website is saying I have 30 days to make the payment before the request is cancelled. Until then, does this mean my FOID and FCCL are no longer active?

Thank you. But let's say I get it unlocked again, am I supposed to change the address right there on the first page where they show my address history? Or on the next page, the payments page? They don't make it clear.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything in the law that states that you have to change your address on the FOID/CCW or is it a convenience thing? Lets say one has their FOID/CCW registered to their parents house, moves out and updates their drivers license but not FOID/CCW.

Yes, its written in the FCCA. If you don't change your address I believe there is a $150 fine. You have 30 days to do the address change.

Is there anything in the law that states that you have to change your address on the FOID/CCW or is it a convenience thing? Lets say one has their FOID/CCW registered to their parents house, moves out and updates their drivers license but not FOID/CCW.

Yes, its written in the FCCA. If you don't change your address I believe there is a $150 fine. You have 30 days to do the address change.
(430 ILCS 66/55)

Sec. 55. Change of address or name; lost, destroyed, or stolen licenses.

(a) A licensee shall notify the Department within 30 days of moving or changing residence or any change of name. The licensee shall submit the requisite fee and the Department may require a notarized statement that the licensee has changed his or her residence or his or her name, including the prior and current address or name and the date the applicant moved or changed his or her name.

(c ) A violation of this Section is a petty offense with a fine of $150 which shall be deposited into the Mental Health Reporting Fund

(430 ILCS 66/55)

(a) A licensee shall notify the Department within 30 days of moving or changing residence or any change of name. The licensee shall submit the requisite fee and the Department may require a notarized statement that the licensee has changed his or her residence or his or her name, including the prior and current address or name and the date the applicant moved or changed his or her name.

(c ) A violation of this Section is a petty offense with a fine of $150 which shall be deposited into the Mental Health Reporting Fund

Message Rec'd. Stupid for $80 fee to type a new address in

(430 ILCS 66/55)

That is insane.

Archived