Concealed Carry Instructor Certification Info and Wait time?

DrillGun

1st. Greeting! and Thank you! to all members and moderators who provide invaluable information and advocacy for the second.

My topic is in regards to instructor certification by the ISP. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Applied with all creditentials -NRA Cert, fingerprints, etc. submitted 2/27/18

On 3/12/18, I received curriculum approval in the mail by letter.

As of this date 4/04/18 the CCT ID is pending

Application is UNDER REVIEW

I called ISP and emailed the instructor section and they told me the application is under review, we have 90 days to process the application.

Should be noted I changed my address on my FOID and CCL at the same time 2/24/18.

Received FOID the 3rd week of March.

CCL is UNDER REVIEW

How long did most of the instructors wait? What is SOP?

What could be the delay? Anything I can do at this point?

Thank you

You have to be a CCL holder before you can be an instructor So you will have to wait until your CCL is active again and you have it.

Thanks.Makes sense.The CCL is still active until the new one comes. I just changed the address. FOID came back in the mail with new address. Why is the CCL taking longer? Why would they approve the curriculum and not the ID at the same time?

Because this is Illinois. Not much is logical.

Thanks.Makes sense.The CCL is still active until the new one comes. I just changed the address. FOID came back in the mail with new address. Why is the CCL taking longer? Why would they approve the curriculum and not the ID at the same time?

Because this is Illinois. Not much is logical.

Facts. I thought perhaps emailing and asking nicely might help but I got a cold response of "we have 90 days to process the application". Definitely getting the vibe the ISP is just sitting on it deliberately.

Thanks for the replies.

Definitely getting the vibe the ISP is just sitting on it deliberately.

I see this posted a fair amount. Perhaps I am naive but I don't really believe this to be the case. I'm more in the they are not very efficient category and while there is ?much? more they could do to improve processes, software, etc it is not high on their priority list.

We really dont know how many people they have doing these, work flow, guidelines, timeline goals, etc.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, April 6, 2018 at 03:54 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, April 6, 2018 at 03:54 PM - No reason given

I see this posted a fair amount. Perhaps I am naive but I don't really believe this to be the case. I'm more in the they are not very effecient category and while there is ?much? more they could do to improve processes, software, etc it is not high on their priority list.

We really dont know how many people they have doing these, work flow, guidelines, timeline goals, etc.

He just don't get it, he changed his address then applies for an instructor permit before all of that has been processed now hes whining its taking too long. Not a professional attitude, I don't think I'd want you as an instructor for myself or anyone I cared about.

I see this posted a fair amount. Perhaps I am naive but I don't really believe this to be the case. I'm more in the they are not very effecient category and while there is ?much? more they could do to improve processes, software, etc it is not high on their priority list.

He just don't get it, he changed his address then applies for an instructor permit before all of that has been processed now hes whining its taking too long. Not a professional attitude, I don't think I'd want you as an instructor for myself or anyone I cared about.

Be easy. I have already received FOID with address change and was asking other pros on the forum for additional info on the matter. Like many others on this forum who wait patiently yet are still concerned about wait times. I am sorry if this offends or troubles you. Have a nice day.

He just don't get it, he changed his address then applies for an instructor permit before all of that has been processed now hes whining its taking too long.

Sigh...was there any value in the second sentence? Nice response to a new member and not sure Id categorize it as whining. (<---Rhetorical - no reply needed)

He just don't get it, he changed his address then applies for an instructor permit before all of that has been processed now hes whining its taking too long.

Sigh...was there any value in the second sentence? Nice response to a new member (<---Rhetorical - no reply needed)

I agree that was totally out of line. Whatever happened to manners? This place is turning into a bunch of self righteous know it alls.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, didn’t realize you were so sensitive.L

Look guy I know I your trying to push buttons but why don't you take your negative comments and cynical attitude elsewhere.

I personally don't think the address change has anything to do with the instructor application. In 2013, hundreds of instructor certifications were issued before CCLs even existed. The only difference now is that the applicant must have a valid CCL (or other qualifications) before applying to become an instructor. The OP has a valid CCL, regardless of the addresses on his card.

I believe the state is slow in processing these things because they have no incentive to be quick and efficient. If they are allowed 90 days, they will take as many days as they like. There's no hurry for them.

I don't recall anything giving them a certain number of days to act on an instructor application.

<<removed>>

Sigh...was there any value in the second sentence? Nice response to a new member (<---Rhetorical - no reply needed)

I agree that was totally out of line. Whatever happened to manners? This place is turning into a bunch of self righteous know it alls.

There's no reason for it and the posts you're referring to have been removed (as well as a couple of yours that quoted the removed content).

It seems we have to remind a few people of this every year, so here it goes again. We have a code of conduct we expect people to abide by. This is especially true when the Legislature is in session, or approaching a potentially contentious session as it is now. The moderators have little time to put these fires out. We must prioritize the fires breaking out in Springfield, instead.

If that isn't going to work there are steps we can take to make sure problems don't continue to crop up, but we genuinely prefer that our members exercise enough restraint that those things don't become necessary.

Thank you to those who are trying to help our new member.

I personally don't think the address change has anything to do with the instructor application. In 2013, hundreds of instructor certifications were issued before CCLs even existed. The only difference now is that the applicant must have a valid CCL (or other qualifications) before applying to become an instructor. The OP has a valid CCL, regardless of the addresses on his card. I believe the state is slow in processing these things because they have no incentive to be quick and efficient. If they are allowed 90 days, they will take as many days as they like. There's no hurry for them. I don't recall anything giving them a certain number of days to act on an instructor application.

This. Calling ISP and emailing the instructor division is leading me to this conclusion. In fact, person on the phone stated something similar; when I asked certain number of days to act on an instructor application? Person stated they are not aware of any certain number of days in regards to the instructor application.

Thanks to all the supportive members! Appreciate all information in regards. Thanks for welcoming/ supporting a new member. When I get approval and such I will inform the community for future instructors/ CCL holders who want the info. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Close to 60 days. The status is unchanged. The instructor status is under review with inspect element at SUBMITTED. UNDER REVIEW

The CCL address of change I submitted 60 days or so ago is still at UNDER REVIEW in the dashboard and inspect element says APPROVED.UNDER REVIEW. for about 5 days now.

So when the CCL goes through approval for the address change then the department will take a look at the instructor application and go through the motion to approve that?

So I'm looking at a possible 90-120 days on that part or?

Archived