Will Most of the Republicans Leave Illinois?

chancemccall

This is a bothersome question to me. What happens if some - most -all of the income producing Republicans leave Illinois?

There is no doubt that we (my wife and I) are serious about leaving. The only question is direct to Tennessee or a short time in South Dakota because of taxes. I queried the primary Tennessee gun forum. Take a look at this response:

>>Hi Chance, get on down here to Tennessee. We got here a few weeks ago from Streamwood ILLannoy, and absolutely love it. We live about 4 miles outside of Maryville.

The TN tax on investment income will be 2% for tax year 2019, 1% for tax year 2020, and then gone. Would expense and hassle of moving to SD and then TN be worth it to avoid those low rates?
You'll quickly see that the members on this forum are a MUCH happier group than our poor old buddies on the IC forum.
Let us know how your plans progress. Happy to answer any questions you may have about the IL to TN transition. Every single surprise we've had has been a good one.
Just sent my IL CCL and FOID card back to the IL State Police today. Sayonara! So glad to be out of the nuthouse they call Illinois (and Chicago.)<<
We have 14 relative family groups that have already moved or are in the process, mostly to Tennessee. We have so many families of friends that have already moved, I've lost count. Some are going to Idaho and a couple to South Dakota because of taxes. Almost all of them owned their own farms or businesses and have move them as well. One is a MD who is moving from Rock Island to Davenport. All of them have been making these moves in anticipation of JB winning. They are from Peoria, Dixon, Rock Island, Moline, Galena, Springfield, and Urbana.
Will JB and Madigan drive the majority of Republicans out of Illinois? Is that perhaps their plan? What will happen to Illinois?

If cancer takes my wife, I may consider a move. It depends on what JB, Madigan, Cullerton and their evil minions decide to pass for laws in their wrongminded, mistaken solutions to gun gang violence, murder and crime here in Illinois.

Buzzard, you stated my exact feelings. We make good money here, but the state and county take it. As soon and if they go after my toys, then the whole family is gone leaving others to pay for these idiotic laws and taxes. B.J, a "man" of the people my behind! Heck, I could save 20k+ not having to send my favorite thing to private school where she actually learns things that matter, not the left leaning b.s. CPS teaches today!

I still can't believe Wisconsin voters tossed out Scott Walker. Just proves that Wisconsin gun owners are on thin ice. And NOT due to global warming either! I would have strongly considered Wisconsin until this last election. Now they're off the table!

I still can't believe Wisconsin voters tossed out Scott Walker. Just proves that Wisconsin gun owners are on thin ice. And NOT due to global warming either! I would have strongly considered Wisconsin until this last election. Now they're off the table!

The big city/rural conflict is trashing so many states. Madison/Milwaukee. Mpls/St Paul. Chicago/Cook Cty. Denver/Boulder. Houston/Austin/Dallas. NYC. Va. near D.C. Miami/Talahassee/Ft Myers. MO may be ok for awhile, but KC and StL need to be contained. Vegas. Phoenix. Seattle. Portland. Detroit. Cleveland/Columbus/Cincinnati. DesMoines runs Iowa, etc etc etc. Damn these big cities!

Etc, all around the country, in different degrees, but consistent as to trend just about everywhere.

The Founding Fathers saw this coming over 200 years ago. Thank God for that. Their solution was the Electoral College. Thank God for that too!

We will stick it out as long as we can due to the wife's job, but no way in heck we are going to retire in this state even though it is 'home'. And if the downhill trend picks up any faster, it just might force us to jump just over the border into WI until retirement.

Also I have been looking at a bug out 'emergency' land purchase out of state so if push comes to shove, we have an immediate out of state residency option open to us. I mean seriously I just looked at a lot the other day complete with drilled well and electric service for $1600 with zero percent owner financing, for 16 months!

The wealthy who are fleeing Illinois in pretty large numbers better pay attention. It's going to get a lot worse if JB and the progressive's have their way. Here's a link to an article i read today on Zerohedge dot com. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-13/progressives-zero-exit-tax-illinois-wealth

For the rest of us, here's something that should scare the heck of every homeowner in Illinois. This is from the same author, the website is wirepoint dot com.

http://www.wirepoints.com/chicago-feds-answer-for-illinois-pension-crisis-is-a-statewide-property-tax-wirepoints-original/

My great great grandfather settled Wheaton Illinois in the1830s. Illinois has been good to my family for generations. I just sold my farm in Mchenry county and tried to convince my wife to retire down south, we both have family in Tampa area. Both sides of her German family immigrated to the Chicago area over 100 years ago. She will not leave our children/ grandkids to save my guns. Which is basically the premise of my argument. Taxes we can afford, our new home is paid for. So for now we stay.

We will stick it out as long as we can due to the wife's job, but no way in heck we are going to retire in this state even though it is 'home'. And if the downhill trend picks up any faster, it just might force us to jump just over the border into WI until retirement.

Also I have been looking at a bug out 'emergency' land purchase out of state so if push comes to shove, we have an immediate out of state residency option open to us. I mean seriously I just looked at a lot the other day complete with drilled well and electric service for $1600 with zero percent owner financing, for 16 months!

That's a nice find man.

Others available ?? I’ll take 10 !!

Others available ?? I’ll take 10 !!

Plenty, just go to a site like zillow.com and search for lots/land in surrounding states, set the minimum price to $100 and whatever max, this removes all the listings where people don't specifiy a price, and browse away for a lot to park an RV and setup a mailbox for residency.

Will most of the Republicans leave Illinois?

No.

Many leaving don't have strong leanings politically but they are reacting to their pocket book.

IMHO-Lots of metaphors and analogies have been used to describe the financial conditions here. Mine is of a big heavy honkin' fat pig of a 767 airbus in an accelerated descent which has turned into a nosedive. All the efforts to level it out are required and needed, but in the end, the only correction available to this state is after the crash. Liberal Democrats will deny and point fingers until the very end although few will go down with the plane.

I have no date or prediction how it will happen, but for Illinois to resurrect itself in some form of responsible image of it's former glory will require the end of the state as we presently know it. That we are in such a poor fiscal condition sadly gives us hope over other gun hating states like Maryland.

I was born in IL. I am not leaving *my* home I'm actually the 4th generation to live in my house (while raising my own children).. I'm not going to be run off my home by some Chicago crooks.

I get how you feel. My family came to Illinois in the 1820s. They fought Indians over their land. My mother's family showed up in the 1930s. My wife and I have both friends and family here. (Although most of my remaining family is now fleeing Illinois and considering I have 48 first cousins on my mother's side, between them and their families that is quite an exodus.) Many of our friends are also leaving as well, and that means they are moving their businesses and farms as well. One of our friends has a business in Dixon, Illinois with over 80 employees and that business is being relocated to Tennessee. I am relocating my remaining business with 57 employees to Tennessee. (I'm semi retired.) I sold my farm earlier this year and bought one in Tennessee. It isn't just people leaving, it is also businesses and capital.

According to studies done by the moving industry, they expect that 11% of the Illinois population will leave the state in 2019.

What bothers me most is that if this keeps up, there will be very few Republicans left in Illinois to mount any real challenge to the Chicago power brokers.

What bothers me most is that if this keeps up, there will be very few Republicans left in Illinois to mount any real challenge to the Chicago power brokers.

I couldn't believe all the yard signs for JB in front of farms in Lee and Bureau counties while I was driving through them. What on earth do they think JB will do to improve their situations?

As i commented elsewhere, I am now looking at going over the line to Indiana. Somewhere in Lake County I think so I am still close to friends and other contacts, but away from the politics and taxes of Illinois. Been looking on the Crown Point/St John area but open to others. I have been involved with the shooting sports since I was ten years old. i am now retired. I am not going to just sit back and wait for the government in this State to take way a lifetime of memories and the only activity still left to me on a weekly basis. And for those who said "no one is trying to take away your guns", guess what. Yes they are.

I'm the third generation to live on the farm I own, our family has been in the area for 200 years. I'm the last male of all my cousins with our last name on this end of the state. My kids are still young but I do not see a future for them here and the light in the tunnel is getting dimmer by the year on me staying. If it weren't for the good job I have, my parents and my sister and her family I'd be looking to move.

The Dems now have a supermajority in Illinois, a corrupt Speaker who has been in power most of his life and shows no sign of leaving, and a liberal governor who will be a lapdog for anything Madigan wants.

Is there anybody out there who seriously thinks the situation in Illinois will improve?

I can answer that last question for you. Just yesterday I was talking to my brother-in-law . He is a die hard Democrat . He said , " Well at least with J. B. elected maybe things can get straightened out in this state. " I told him there were several Democrats on this forum who had stated J B wasn't the one to put in office. That he had said he was for union labor then used non-union labor to work on his mansion. He had pulled all the toilets out of another mansion he owned so he could claim it uninhabitable and pay less taxes. His reply .... well we sure couldn't let that d#*m republican continue to ruin the state.

Then we got on the subject of gun laws. He said all these gun people talking about the guns they want to take but they aren't after the guns like you had and my grandson has , they are wanting to get rid of those full automatic AR 15s that are causing so much damage. :o So I had to straighten him out about that . He tried to argue with me but I won. He did acknowledge it isn't the guns but the person pulling the trigger that is the problem.

He is one of those people who has always said the democrats are for the working man. There are plenty more like him and my sister. :rolleyes:

The Dems now have a supermajority in Illinois, a corrupt Speaker who has been in power most of his life and shows no sign of leaving, and a liberal governor who will be a lapdog for anything Madigan wants.

Is there anybody out there who seriously thinks the situation in Illinois will improve?

I can answer that last question for you. Just yesterday I was talking to my brother-in-law . He is a die hard Democrat . He said , " Well at least with J. B. elected maybe things can get straightened out in this state. " I told him there were several Democrats on this forum who had stated J B wasn't the one to put in office. That he had said he was for union labor then used non-union labor to work on his mansion. He had pulled all the toilets out of another mansion he owned so he could claim it uninhabitable and pay less taxes. His reply .... well we sure couldn't let that d#*m republican continue to ruin the state.

Then we got on the subject of gun laws. He said all these gun people talking about the guns they want to take but they aren't after the guns like you had and my grandson has , they are wanting to get rid of those full automatic AR 15s that are causing so much damage. :o So I had to straighten him out about that . He tried to argue with me but I won. He did acknowledge it isn't the guns but the person pulling the trigger that is the problem.

He is one of those people who has always said the democrats are for the working man. There are plenty more like him and my sister. :rolleyes:

All spoken like a typical, liberal democrat who doesn't know anything about guns, but claims to.

Archived