Unable to add previous address

wilf355

During the process of renewing my CCL on the ispfsb website, the renewal process gets stuck at 55% on the page where it asks you to enter a previous address if less than 10 years at my current address. What seems to be odd is that no matter what computer I use (or web browser), the website will not allow me to enter information such as country, state, etc. In other words, the drop down boxes are empty, thus not allowing me to enter this information to proceed to the next step. Anyone else running into this problem? If so, what have you done to work around this issue? Thanks in advance.

One of my students had the same issue. Finally got it resolved when I think the previous page we put in the correct (different from when he originally registered) phone number.

Not sure how or why that affected it but it worked for that guy.

Weird bug problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Potential Solution

Over the weekend, I completed the CCL renewal process at Gat Guns in East Dundee. During the class, Gat Guns representatives were available to complete the registration process on www.ispfsb.com. I figured, since they have experience with this process, they would not run into this problem. Sure enough, they too ran into the inability to choose from the dropdown boxes, of which they notified me. They were however able to complete the registration by essentially starting the registration from scratch...meaning, any pre-populated entry was deleted, saved, then information re-entered. After completion of the class, I received an email confirming a completed registration. Note: my current CCL expires 21JUL19. I initially had concerns I would no longer be able to carry until I receive my new license but the instructor (current LEO) informed us that we could carry in the state of IL, even with an expired license, as long as an application for renewal has been submitted. This statement was supported by an email receipt from the State of IL.

"Under the authority of 430 ILCS 66/70 ©, A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act."

Archived