Anyone Use the VirTra System at On Target Range in Crystal Lake?

soylentgreen

Yes. My son and I did it together. We had a real good time and it does get the adrenaline going. The instructor did basic stuff with my son and I did some speed drills myself. They used a Glock 17 if I remember right. It uses CO2 to operate the action with the trigger pull. I would definitely recommend it.

I tried it. Mix of target and real world scenarios. You could holster or not. The guy at the computer apparently has different scenarios/endings that he could choose from so you weren't sure what to expect. It didn't work consistently the day we were the there. This was many months ago that I went.

I got to use this program when I was a criminal justice student at College of Lake County.

Not only did we have the option to employ firearms but we also had duty belts where we had the option of using a taser, OC spray, etc.

There are literally hundreds of scenarios, probably more. The scenario based training really gets your adrenaline pumping, especially if the volume is cranked all the way up.

Most of the scenarios were geared towards law enforcement but there were numerous scenarios which could also be applied to concealed carriers.

Anyways, if your range is offering it then I recommend it. I know that Article II in Lombard also has a scenario-based simulator like the VirTra system and I believe the charge a similar rate by the hour.

Archived