No gun sign

kurt555gs

cops are exempt from the no gun signs. they can walk into any place with there guns.

Not private property. I have read stories where off duty LEO have been asked to leave Chuck E Cheese because they refuse to disarm prior to entry.

They hate cops?

If they are not there on official police business then they will violate the owners wishes just as much as any otherwise legal carrier.

It just reinforces the privileged class like WI, where off duty LEO's commit felonies on a daily basis carrying on school grounds. They have no legal exemption.

There are many anti-gun companies that just post as a matter of course. I guess they decided to do all locations, regardless of state. I've been working to compile listings of posted locations in various states. In fact, it'll be my next iPhone and Android app; hopefully coming out in a week or two. It doesn't matter yet in Illinois. But once we have CCW passed, loads of anti businesses will start putting up such signs.

There is also a 'no firearms' sign at the Chuck E Cheese in Batavia, but I'm pretty sure it's a corporate policy since IN.

if it is a corporate policy the one in Indy isn't posted I carried there last yr at my kids birthday party

it was pretty obvious too since IN allows open carry I don't put much effort into covering nobody even gave a second look

[q

uote name= Xwing' timestamp='1336252907' post='326962]

There are many anti-gun companies that just post as

a matter of course. I guess they decided to do all locations, regardless of state. I've been working to compile listings of posted locations in various states. In fact, it'll be my next iPhone and Android app; hopefully coming out in a week or two. It doesn't matter yet in Illinois. But once we have CCway you can put if on there W passed, loads of anti businesses will start putting up such signs.

[/quote

Any way you can put on there if the postings carry the weight of the law for example you can not be arrested in I N For carrying in a posted establishment unless it is a sensitive area covered under state and or federal law like a court house

Well, I'm pretty sure the next guy that robs the Waffle House is going to ignore the sign on the door. Not to mentio why is it not in Spanish also?
Well, I'm pretty sure the next guy that robs the Waffle House is going to ignore the sign on the door. Not to mention why is it not in Spanish also?

I wonder if a hispanic non-english speaker could use the defense that it wasn't in spanish and win? I noticed no -guns on the door of the Southern Illinois newspaper just recently. It may be corporate policy, they are owed by Lee Enterprises. Newspapers don 't seem to be outstanding supporters of our second amendment rights, of course. Are there any exceptions to that generalization?

I expect more p laces will be putting up those signs in the future when we get right to carry through.

This is like putting up NO PARKING signs in every store lot because from time to time, someone loses it and crashes through a store window. A store can avoid all liability by keeping vehicles 100' away at all times. It ticks me off royally when law-abiding citizens get thrown under the bus due to the actions of a few, or the ignorance of many. Worse, these signs send the emssage to the public that anyone carrying a firearm is a threat, rather than a potential solution to a Lane Bryant type incident. So, instead of the public getting used to the idea of concealed carry when it passes, the public will be conditioned to freak out, and will not recognize that there could be a "good guy" who draws in a situation where he/she could save lives.

The "educational" response could be a bumper sticker like this:

"2nd Amendment supporter reserves the right to not assist anyone who would deny my 2nd Amendment right to defend myself.

A bit over the top, sure, but the alternative is letting the MSM and mall owners condition the public in a biased way.

You guys in chicago need to get your cross breed super tuck IWBs now and start experimenting with what position on your waist is comfortable and what position hides it best. If you tuck your shirt it is going to take some trial and error to find the right spot and it takes a lot of practice to be able to rip, access, draw and fire in 2 1/2 seconds. Some people give me crap about carrying everywhere I can under 182 but I'm doing so I can be best prepared for when we can carry everywhere. There are some types of jeans that I can't wear because the belt loops don't match up with where the clips need to be on my iwb and some pants make it ride higher or lower. There's a lot more to it than just slapping it on and walking out the door.

. Newspapers don 't seem to be outstanding supporters of our second amendment rights, of course. Are there any exceptions to that generalization?

I'd guess that once you get away from the locally owned newspapers, this holds mostly true. I've seen several examples of Pro 2A stuff from the editor of our local paper anyway, our local radio is the same way.

I don't read The Southern regularly, but the few articles I've read over the years in it have been well balanced at least.

In the time I've spent in IN and MO and when we went of vacation in TN I've always tried to find a no guns sign and have never seen one. I wonder if businesses in those states started out posting but then took them down after a few years. I venture to guess that IN businesses have never posted but I do wonder about NO, TN and some of the other fairly young shall issue states.

If I recall from my time living in GA and NC, all Waffle House buildings are posted as such.
Maybe that's the case in GA and NC but not SC at this Waffle House.Evidently it's not a corporate policy.Remember this.....

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2017309134_apuswafflehouseshooting.html

hope the link works THIS TIME!

My opinion: There will be A LOT of no guns signs initially when we get concealed carry. When the businesses determine that it hurts them to do that, they will ease off. Most aren't so much really against it as they are ignorant of the facts.

Yes. And they need to check the facts first before posting signs that turn away paying customers.

Buckeye Firearms Foundation has "No Guns = No Money" cards for use with businesses that post "No Guns" signs. (http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Gun-Stuff-Mall#ngnm)

The front says " Your “no gun” sign prevents me from patronizing your business. So I, my family, and other gunowners will spend our money with your competitors. Look on the back to see why you should remove your sign."

The back says "Your “no gun” sign is bad for business. It does nothing to make you safer. It simply tells criminals you’re an easy target and drives away good customers with a concealed carry license. Unlike most people, license holders have passed a criminal background check. Statistics show we are far more law-abiding than the general public. Our numbers are growing every day. We are ideal customers and will patronize your business if you let us. Remove your sign and I, my family, and many other gun owners

will gladly return."

When we get concealed carry, similar cards will be handy for us to help educate business owners. Our Ohio brethren have had some success with these cards.

Archived